Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
ChrystalUnicorn
Mouseketeer

Need Help!! Staying at Pop want to Visit Universal!!

Hi all!!
We will be visiting Disney next month and staying at Pop century. We want to visit Universal but I cannot rent a car because I am scared to drive in Florida!!
What is the best way for 6 kids and 2 aduts to get from Pop Century to Universal??
Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrystalUnicorn
Hi all!!
We will be visiting Disney next month and staying at Pop century. We want to visit Universal but I cannot rent a car because I am scared to drive in Florida!!
What is the best way for 6 kids and 2 aduts to get from Pop Century to Universal??
Thanks in advance!!
Call Mears transport. They will pick you up at your resort, drop you at Universal and pick you up later in the day. Did this two years ago when staying at ASMu

revdon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

I think Mears is your only option here. You can set up a pick up time with your resort front desk, but it'll need to be done the day/night before. Cost is $18 per adult and $16 per child. There is a sticky on this subject on the Universal/IOA board.
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

This package is worth looking into: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

We did this a couple of years ago. I bought the two day tickets with the round trip transportation. DD and I went to US one day and did stuff at both parks. We also bought Blue Man tickets and saw that show that day. Then we went back a couple days later to meet up with family. It worked great and I didn't have to drive or park.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
This package is worth looking into: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

We did this a couple of years ago. I bought the two day tickets with the round trip transportation. DD and I went to US one day and did stuff at both parks. We also bought Blue Man tickets and saw that show that day. Then we went back a couple days later to meet up with family. It worked great and I didn't have to drive or park.
I agree with this! The tickets print out with "Universal Travel Company" on them, which allows you to get into the park/Wizarding World an hour early like Universal Hotel guests!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
ChrystalUnicorn
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for all the tips!!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
lamchop
Mouseketeer

I agree! Dreams unlimited tickets/ride package. we called the day before, they picked us up exactly ontime. we got our tickets from "will call" , and yes, they let us in early! We headed right to "harry potter land", and saw almost everything before the crowds got there. take that early time to check out every space and store front. every one of them was remarkable!! by 10:30am we had seen everything there, and moved on to the rest of the park. would use this option again, without a doubt!
lamchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

we did this 3 years ago with 3 adults and 6 kids. I called to desk CM and asked which taxi company could hold 9 people and they said there wasn't any. BUT I knew I had seen those taxi vans picking up/dropping off people so I went down to the lobby and took note of the next taxi vans name. I called the company and got a round trip taxi for 9 for $75. The company was great- right on time to pick us up and then asked if we knew about what time we wanted to return. We didn't know for sure so the driver gave us his number and told us to call when we were leaving the park. We waited maybe ten minutes for him to show up.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Thanks all!

We stayed at HR last time but I want to stay at Disney and just pop over for WWOHP. This is perfect

Need to visit Honeydukes for more cauldron cakes

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
ChrystalUnicorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
we did this 3 years ago with 3 adults and 6 kids. I called to desk CM and asked which taxi company could hold 9 people and they said there wasn't any. BUT I knew I had seen those taxi vans picking up/dropping off people so I went down to the lobby and took note of the next taxi vans name. I called the company and got a round trip taxi for 9 for $75. The company was great- right on time to pick us up and then asked if we knew about what time we wanted to return. We didn't know for sure so the driver gave us his number and told us to call when we were leaving the park. We waited maybe ten minutes for him to show up.

What was the name of the taxi company???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: