Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #61
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post

Without online check-in, they can move your room amongst other rooms that are available without online check-ins attached. It's easier for them to switch it around in the system (less to consider) and they likely don't need to call anyone over to help. Plus, in our experience, more CMs are at "regular" check-in desk than online check-in desk (we stay at mods), so I don't feel quite as guilty holding up the line.
Actually doing on line check in doesn't guarantee they won't pull your room from you and give it to someone else. If they can't find what an insistent guest wants in the non on line check in bucket, they then go to the on line check in bucket and pull from that one. Been the victim of that!

You would think doing on line check in would keep that from happening to you, but it doesn't. It still doesn't secure you your booked room type. If someone else wants it, and arrives before you, they can give it to them.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #62
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Actually doing on line check in doesn't guarantee they won't pull your room from you and give it to someone else. If they can't find what an insistent guest wants in the non on line check in bucket, they then go to the on line check in bucket and pull from that one. Been the victim of that!

You would think doing on line check in would keep that from happening to you, but it doesn't. It still doesn't secure you your booked room type. If someone else wants it, and arrives before you, they can give it to them.
This. I've been told several times by CMs that Disney resorts are now run on the "room ready" system. Meaning, no matter what you did prior to check in day, as each person checks in they are assigned the first available room in their category. Rooms might be blocked prior, according to need, but not actually assigned until you are at the resort. We've been given the next available room upon check in for several trips now, since this system was implemented. Usually get most, if not all our requests. (we make general requests - upper floor, non-connecting room, etc.)

We don't do online check in any longer, and still get into our room almost immediately upon check in. If we use ME, we are sometimes met by CMs at the bus, not with a packet ready (unless we are on CL) but pointing us to the next available CM. Easy, no "long lines" or hassle.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #63
Three cats
DIS Veteran

I've been lucky in the past getting our room requests granted doing the traditional check in. On our last trip I did the online check in and ended up with the opposite of what I had requested. I asked if perhaps a room in that particular area might be available or would be later and she just said no, that our room had already been assigned and handed me the packet. I was left with the impression that if you do the online check in you will get the 1st available room in the category that you booked and that's that. Although we wouldn't do the online check in again, I do think it's great for those who have no special requests and want to get to your room quickly with no fuss.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #64
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh So ONO View Post
Thank you Fantaluninishes for this thread!! It's a great question. Personally, I'm thankful for the out of touch people, and those who stand in long lines at the hotels (and movie theaters LOL!). I say keep doing what you're doing. It makes breezing through the online check in window that much easier.
What makes you think people are out of touch? Not everyone wants to check in online..that doesn't make them wrong, it means they have a different preference. Read this thread, you will find post after post explaining that people feel the online check in has hindered their ability to change rooms when requests have not been met.

I personally have done both traditional and online check in. I have never had anyone greet me as I exit the DME, I've never seen a line for check in anywhere. There is absolutely no benefit for me to do online check in, other than I have that itch to click buttons and check in.

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #65
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I happen to like online check in, mostly because I can enter my cc info myself instead of handing it to someone else. I have never been placed in a "lesser" room or location because of it, even when I booked through a third party.

Ultimately, to take the best advantage of Fastpass Plus we'll all have to use online check in. We just haven't reached that point yet.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #66
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

It has been plauged with problems lately, that is why.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: