Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbluezoo View Post
Following along, I have boys near the same age (8&11) so curious to read more about the clubs and their experience. Also, lived in KCK for a LONG while after college and developed a love for the Chiefs! Not many of us outside KS/MO and I ended up with a Bronco loving husband - ugh!! Love Blvd Wheat!
I hope your DH knows he married up.

Jill in CO
Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #32
disneydeux
Can Once in a Lifetime Happen Twice?

Smile Royal Court Dinner, Karoke & Other Stuff

My husband laughed when every night I would go back to the cabin and take notes no what happened. Some other trip reporter said that she takes notes and that inspired me to do the same. I totally now know why - I am starting to forget things about the trip. Honestly thought this trip report would be knocked out within two weeks of our return. LOL.

Some side notes:

Here is a pic of a small card that all the adults that traveled with us received. It had everyone's room number on one side and then a daily schedule on the other. I did most of the planning of excursions, etc. . . so this gave everyone an idea of what was happening.

[IMG][/IMG]

My husband begged me to not overplan our vacation, so this certainly gave that impression to him. Although I had numerous things planned otherwise.

I also made a spreadsheet for the week which allowed me to remember things that I forgot on the previous cruise: breakfast at a MDR; room service; things to do when I got onboard: BBB appts for girls; etc. . . . So you can see part of that mania.

So after the pics, we loitered a bit in the bar area and then made our way to Royal Court at 5:45. We always arrived at our MDR at 5:45 on the nose. But I noticed that other people were there. I think they must open it early & you can get in at 5:30. I think we should have tried going earlier in an effort to speed up our service a bit. We don't have any toddlers but we certainly have the age of kids that an hour & half dinner doesn't work for us.

The Royal Court dinner was fine. I had the French Onion Soup and Lobster Ravoli. Both were very yummy. Initially we had the server bring the kids food when they brought our apps but later in the week, we requested the kids meal be served at the same time as ours & it worked out much better. They happily colored while we had apps & salads and then we all ate together for the main course. Also the size of our party (16) certainly increased our time in the MDRs.

So far, I was totally unimpressed with the bread. Nothing really outstanding. I had some kind of beef/lamb that night. All red meat, I ordered rare. And the waitress was like "are you sure you want it rare"? And I said I would like for it still to be mooing when served. If you want your meat even medium rare, I would order it rare. The nature of serving that many people means that it will be overcooked.

After dinner, the kids are off to the club while we go for a dip at the adult pool. Again - completely empty except for us.

We pull the kids out of the club to go the first of three family karokes. I love to sing - it's just everyone else around me that might find it painful.

The first karoke is the best time to go because people are still doing other things & you will be able to get at least one song in, maybe two.

I think I sang something from Lion King but I really can't remember and it's not in my notes. It was so fun. The whole family was present and we had such a great time. My neices sang accapella "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift & it was amazing! And my other neice sang "Tuppence" from Mary Poppins & everyone was blown away. I guess that side of the family got the musical talent.

Headed up to the pool deck after Karoke for some pool time and Aquaduck time. The movie was "Meet the Titans" which seemed a bit heavy but has some great themes.

So after that completely crazy jam-packed day, we went & crashed.
disneydeux is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydeux View Post
On our Dream cruise we had a family stateroom for five and that felt pretty crowded. This time it was adjoining staterooms with a veranda. And wow - these rooms feel small.

No luggage yet but we had the following on our desk/dresser:
  • Rainforest Passes for two days (pre-ordered)
  • Reservation confirmations for sports simulator (two days)
  • Port Adventure tickets for Mayan Ruins/Beach Tour in Cozumel
  • Silver Castaway Club Gift (back packs, snacks and key chains)

I was highly unorganized for our first cruise so I really wanted to stay on top of it for this one. We put all necessary paperwork in Steve's backpack and trashed the rest.

I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish that afternoon which included:
  • Confirming ressie for Palo as I had to have two different times since there were six of us going.
  • Enter the spa raffle
  • Make hair appointment for formal night
  • Talk to Stateroom Host about extra copy of Navigator

Steve took off with the kids to get kids club bands and explore the ship while I worked on my to-do list.

We met Marissa our stateroom host who was very sweet and accommodating. Our room was located next to the "towel" room so there were always people around our front door. No problem - you couldn't hear them or anything. Then my SIL & I set off for the gym.

We entered the raffle and spoke to the trainer about the boot camp class and spinning class. They open up the list for the spinning class at 5 pm the night prior to class. For the bootcamp, you sign up for a class or for the week. We both signed up for the week.

Off to the reservation desk for hair appointments. The formal day hair appointments go quick. We were able to book three appointments for late morning.

A quick drink of the day - this time fruity & yummy - at the adult pool capped off our afternoon before we headed for our Cruise Meet.
Can you explain about the Sport Simulator: You had a 2 day pass????? I thought you bought by the half hour? Thanks for your trip report- I love learning something new everytime I read a new one.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #34
disneydeux
Can Once in a Lifetime Happen Twice?

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
Can you explain about the Sport Simulator: You had a 2 day pass????? I thought you bought by the half hour? Thanks for your trip report- I love learning something new everytime I read a new one.
I think it is by the hour. We pre-booked two hours and those tickets were waiting for us in the stateroom. I just meant to imply that the simulator was booked for two days.

Glad you are enjoying the review & the sports simulator review is up next!
disneydeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #35
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about the Sports Simulator review. Thinking about giving that as a gift to our neighbor for his birthday- they are going with us- our sons are bast friends.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #36
jd9891
DCL Fan

The sports simulator was great. We did not do the golf simulator, but the multi sports one was a lot of fun. I definitely recommend it.

jd9891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #37
andreap82
Earning My Ears

Thanks for mentioning the laundry service. Wondering how we would look presentable with our formal wear smooshed in a suitcase.
andreap82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer exchange, beer mugs, fantasy cruise, private mixology

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: