Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #406
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
I did not know you could make all those special requests
Beth - The best response I have is, "The answer is NO, unless you ask!" Feel free to PM me on FB ... we can discuss a myriad of things which can be accomplished ... ASSUMING you have excellent cast members.

All of the cast members I have referenced (since the beginning of this thread) are "excellent" or better. I know some people merely post if their cast member was good ... but it takes something very special for me to post someone on this thread. Some of the things I have learned have come directly from these cast members.

Enjoy!
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #407
sdlong329

I Made Swastika - Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer2504 View Post
I used to work at a hotel that had tapestries displayed with swastikas on them. Despite trying to explain that it wasn't something the nazis created, and all the reasons you listed, I still had several guests huff and leave upset. Oh well, didn't miss them, lol.
Usually, by the 2nd night of our cruise, I ask the Head Server, Server, Assistant Server, and Stateroom Host(ess) (as well as Palo server, when applicable) to write down their first and last name, along with their home country. I do this for two reasons:

1) I would like to be able to reference them BY NAME in the future ... whether for praising them when writing to DCL, or requesting them in the future ...

2) By asking for their contact information, most recognize I will be writing a letter ... which can sometimes put the newer cast members on alert. It's not that there are any problems ... rather ... I have also found it often helps some of the newer (or shy) cast members open up to us ... which I find helps them become more comfortable around their new batch of guests. Since I also ask about their home country, it gives the cast member to talk about THEMSELVES, plus their family and home. I understand it can't be easy to be away from friends and family for so long ... so talking about them seems to be a good thing.

In this instance, when I asked I Made (E Mod A) to write his name ... he paused ... then explained some people can act "different" when they hear his last name ... so he explained what his name means (in his country). I thought it was very nice, and am glad I asked.

Last edited by sdlong329; 08-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #408
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Anyone hear/know if Edward Wardle from England is still onboard the Fantasy???

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #409
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Anyone hear/know if Edward Wardle from England is still onboard the Fantasy???

MJ
I just saw on Facebook that he is back on the Dream.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #410
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
My favorite DCL cast member is on vacation in New York. We are FB friends and keep in touch all the time.
I keep in touch with many of my cast members via FB as well! When the Fantasy and Magic visited New York City, I had the ability to spend a few days in Manhattan ... and was able to show some of the cast members around town. It was nice for ME to be able to take care of THEM!

For those who keep in touch with your cast members ... remember to ask them WHAT you can get for them in the USA (not IF you can get something for them) ... either deliver to them on your next cruise, or ship to them via US Mail. Cast members get a little time off when in Port Canaveral ... and they typically shop at a local mall ... but a Florida mall does not have everything. One cast member asked me to find an AC adapter for his notebook computer. It was a cinch for me to do!

Since I am a member of DVC, I have offered some of my cast members with the ability to stay at a DVC resort (on my point, pre/post contract), and have also suggested Vero Beach and Hilton Head as an additional possibility for R&R. I figure, they've taken care of me and my family many times ... it's the least I can do for them!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #411
DreamsComeTrue22
DreamsComeTrue22

Does anyone know of the palo server Thomas from the Czech Republic ? He was on the dream but I think he's on the fantasy now or maybe he is still on the dream??? Any feedback would be great!!
DreamsComeTrue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #412
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Steven, do you have any suggestions for servers on the Wonder? My parents and my aunt & uncle are going to be on the Wonder in November and I'd like to help them with a server request, as it has been quite some time since any of us (my aunt/uncle first time on DCL though) have been on the Wonder.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #413
Cruisin'Nick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
March 2012 - MAGIC
Ciao Romano - Palo Server

March 2012 - FANTASY
Krisztian Kiss - Main Dining Room Server
Zsolt Szep - Main Dining Room Server

March 2012 - DREAM
Gábor Németh - Main Dining Room Server
Csuka Mihaly - Main Dining Room Server
I remember Gábor!! He was a real sweetheart to my DSisters when we went last time!! And it was the Dream too!! Wonder if he's still there, or he was able to move to the Fantasy.

Cruisin'Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #414
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'Nick View Post
I remember Gábor!! He was a real sweetheart to my DSisters when we went last time!! And it was the Dream too!! Wonder if he's still there, or he was able to move to the Fantasy.
Gabor left DCL last year(2012).
Old 08-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #415
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

Does anyone know if Matthew and Anthony (I know he was from NYC) are still on the Fantasy? They ran most of the activities, Bingo, etc....My boys loved them and it'd be great to see them again on another cruise. Thanks in advance!
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Hillbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #416
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

Anyone ACD Leslie? Is she oh Facebook or know what her last name might be?
She was on he Hawaiian Cruise in May 2012 and PanamaWBC May 2013

Robin & Angel "D".
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #417
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Liam Scott from Jamaica...

....anyone have him recently as a head server on the Fantasy? Anyone? Anyone?
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #418
TamieH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamieH View Post
Anyone know which ship Kendall from Trinidad & Tobago is on these days? We really liked him and missed him last time (left for vacation the day we boarded). Thanks!
Anyone have an update on Kendall? Thanks
TamieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #419
alessina17
Earning My Ears

Smile Daniel from Portugal - server on Fantasy

Hi there! We just got off the Fantasy last week (Aug 10-17, 2013) - it was amazing! Our servers were Yhokey (from the Phillippeans) and Aleksandr (from Serbia) - they were both excellent! Another server, by the name of Daniel (from Portugal) wasn't our server, he was at a table nearby, but was fantastic with our children (we were travelling as a large group of 17 - with 9children in all). We just loved him! I would love to send him a care package but I don't know his last name. I tried to be in touch with Disney Cruise Line but they won't give out that information. Does anyone have any contact for Daniel? I don't want to send a care package with just his first name (as it is pretty common!).

Any and all help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

~Alessia
alessina17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #420
alessina17
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
....anyone have him recently as a head server on the Fantasy? Anyone? Anyone?
Name doesn't ring a bell....just got off Fantasy last week.
alessina17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: