Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #1591
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The kiosks aren't open during EMH, and those who come for the festival generally are not there to do the rides.
The kiosks aren't open during PM EMH, even though they list WS as open until 11pm as well?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #1592
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The kiosks do not stay open during evening EMH.

They will close at 9, 10 on weekends.

You might find a few of them will be open a little later, but not for the entire EMH.
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #1593
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Good to know - thank you!

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #1594
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I going to admit something awful.....this exhibition was sometimes the only fruit/veggie I got. I really try to eat balanced but F&W did me in a few days.

Last year, we did have dinner at Rose and Crown, so we had some vegetables with our meal there. This year, we don't have any dinner reservations booked so that we can focus on eating the kiosks food. So, besides the cranberry raisins, our day will probably be fruit/veggie short too! Oh wait a second, I think the nachos at La Cantina contain lettuce and chopped tomatoes! (We won't be exclusively limited to the Food And Wine food)

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #1595
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Mde

I was neutral about MDE but not now after spending 45 minutes on the line with tech support. Be careful, be very, very careful, when setting up a profile.

I set a profile for my wife months ago and then forgot about it. I've been making tons of reservations for our upcoming trip using MDE. Her birthday is listed with a 2013 year. A couple of reservations for demonstrations are now showing her as an infant and I wasn't charged for her reservation. I called tech support and after being put on hold for 30 minutes I was told they can't fix it until all her reservations are canceled. WHAT? Are you kidding me??????

Of course I am not doing that, but what a colossal screw up! I'll have to fix the reservations with her as an infant though - they do show 2 prople but she wasn't charged. I think I'll do that.

They also wanted our APs unlinked.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #1596
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I decided not to delete the post above about My Disney Experience problems, as the problems listed may impact the poster's festival bookings. See the first post, it notes that this thread is only for discussing the Food and Wine Festival. I don't want to start a general discussion of My Disney Experience on this thread, so if the previous post is discussed, let's stick to the festival aspect of it.

If you have culinary demonstrations everyone is supposed to be charged, even infants. There should not have been a free entry for an infant. Persons under 21 are not supposed to be able to attend beverage seminars or mixology at all. You do have a problem because they might still tell you that she needs a paid ticket.

My DME also shows one of my friends as an infant and he is older than me. But I haven't booked him for any culinary demos so I don't know if it would have been the same thing.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 08-23-2013 at 09:42 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #1597
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I decided not to delete the post above about My Disney Experience problems, as the problems listed may impact the poster's festival bookings. See the first post, it notes that this thread is only for discussing the Food and Wine Festival. I don't want to start a general discussion of My Disney Experience on this thread, so if the previous post is discussed, let's stick to the festival aspect of it.
Thanks. I think the only thing this glitch in MDE would affect might be special events at activities like the F&W demonstrations.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #1598
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post

Last year, we did have dinner at Rose and Crown, so we had some vegetables with our meal there. This year, we don't have any dinner reservations booked so that we can focus on eating the kiosks food. So, besides the cranberry raisins, our day will probably be fruit/veggie short too! Oh wait a second, I think the nachos at La Cantina contain lettuce and chopped tomatoes! (We won't be exclusively limited to the Food And Wine food)

Yeah I had to really scramble some days to figure out if I ate ANYTHING that wasn't a protein or a starch. (I don't count potatoes as veggies). I was a there for a week last year and I think I did F&W at some point of every day except one, so I wasn't eating many sit down meals or even CS. So I tried to grab some craisins every day and on the days I did sit down for a meal I tried to eat extra fruits and veggies. But I am a true Midwest girl. Meat and potatoes with some pasta/bread thrown in for variety dominated my choices.

But I also walked 37 miles and lost 7 pounds so I guess all's well that end's well.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #1599
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I've already accepted that this years F&W will mostly be unhealthy food samples and cocktails
wait, I was always under the impression that instead of calories Disney food was full of wishes and magic

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #1600
KPSmithSr
Mouseketeer

What is still available

I thought in previous years someone listed what F&W events were sold out and what events still had seats. Is someone doing that this year and I just can't find it?
KPSmithSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #1601
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSmithSr View Post
I thought in previous years someone listed what F&W events were sold out and what events still had seats. Is someone doing that this year and I just can't find it?
The DisneyFoodBlog used to show this, but I can't find it this year.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1602
gwynne
DIS Veteran

WDW has started to update some sold out events, here's what they are saying about the Signature Dinner status:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...ry-adventures/

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #1603
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
WDW has started to update some sold out events, here's what they are saying about the Signature Dinner status:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...ry-adventures/
Thanks! Would love to do the Raglan Road dinner, but... that's too much to risk for a trip that could get cancelled
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #1604
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

Thanks! Would love to do the Raglan Road dinner, but... that's too much to risk for a trip that could get cancelled
Where can I go to view the menus for these dinners? (Interested in the chocolate dinner and the raglan road dinner)

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #1605
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Where can I go to view the menus for these dinners? (Interested in the chocolate dinner and the raglan road dinner)
For most of the dinners - the menu isn't released before hand. You find out the day of.

I think I saw one for Raglan Road a month or so ago but I can't find it today.
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: