Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 594

DH is joining us for a few days... Now what?

Hi all,

Next month DD and I are heading down to the World and doing a 10 day split stay. I'm 42 days out. DH has now decided to fly down for 3 days at the end, which will be during my room only portion at AoA LM.

Do I just get my TA to call Disney and add his name to the room only reservation? He's not getting tickets (he's a Grumpy and doesn't like theme parks).

Is there anything to be aware of, or worry about since I'm less than 45 days out (I think that's only for packages but checking to be sure)?

Thanks all!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Hi all,

Next month DD and I are heading down to the World and doing a 10 day split stay. I'm 42 days out. DH has now decided to fly down for 3 days at the end, which will be during my room only portion at AoA LM.

Do I just get my TA to call Disney and add his name to the room only reservation? He's not getting tickets (he's a Grumpy and doesn't like theme parks).

Is there anything to be aware of, or worry about since I'm less than 45 days out (I think that's only for packages but checking to be sure)?

Thanks all!
You can have him added now or wait until you get there. If your DD is under 18 and adding your DH won't be the 3rd adult, I would have your TA add him to the room now since there wouldn't be an additional charge. Since it's room only and there are no tickets or DDP involved, adding him now would allow him to use DME from the airport if he needs to. If he will make the 3rd adult, I'd wait until you get there to add him so you will only be charged the additional adult fee for the nights he's there. HTH .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2
 
MinnieGirl33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,609

If he is going to need DME then he has to be added to the res ahead of time.

At minimum, he will need to be added once he arrives in order to be issued a room key.
__________________
Me DH DS20 DS16 Minnie Mia


MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 594

Thanks both! Yes he will need DME so I'll add him now. My DD is only 3 so no issues there.

Thanks again!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 594

Ok new problem. My TA called to add DH for the last 3 nights but was told by Disney they couldn't do it because "they said he would just be added in at the front desk when he arrives, or else he needs to be added to whole file. Either way, the price isn't different. BUT, they can't add him on to Magical Express mid-booking."

I have a 5 day package then I switch resorts and have a 5 day RO. Why can't they add him to the reservation and why can't be get DME when he arrives? Grrrrr.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Eddy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102

Dme

I called DME and lady told me that I could go to the Mears Counter next to DME counter and I could buy a ticket and I could use the DME bus. She said Mears owns DME. However when I told the cast member from Disney she said it could not be done. You might want to call and ask DME agent.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Ok new problem. My TA called to add DH for the last 3 nights but was told by Disney they couldn't do it because "they said he would just be added in at the front desk when he arrives, or else he needs to be added to whole file. Either way, the price isn't different. BUT, they can't add him on to Magical Express mid-booking."

I have a 5 day package then I switch resorts and have a 5 day RO. Why can't they add him to the reservation and why can't be get DME when he arrives? Grrrrr.
If you add him when you arrive, you can then make arrangements for him with DME since he will be on the ressie for his arrival date. We've never used DME, but I'm almost certain your DH can be added now but have DME arrangements for his arrival date. I would have your TA call again and if she is given the same information, I would just wait to add him when you check in at that resort and make DME arrangements for him at that time. Good luck.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
If you add him when you arrive, you can then make arrangements for him with DME since he will be on the ressie for his arrival date. We've never used DME, but I'm almost certain your DH can be added now but have DME arrangements for his arrival date. I would have your TA call again and if she is given the same information, I would just wait to add him when you check in at that resort and make DME arrangements for him at that time. Good luck.
Thanks, I think I will try this. I don't want to have to pay for his transfer, and although I'll have a rental car I really don't want to pick him up and waste precious park time

He won't get the nifty tags, but what can you do?
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Thanks, I think I will try this. I don't want to have to pay for his transfer, and although I'll have a rental car I really don't want to pick him up and waste precious park time

He won't get the nifty tags, but what can you do?
You're welcome....have a great trip .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

Thanks, I think I will try this. I don't want to have to pay for his transfer, and although I'll have a rental car I really don't want to pick him up and waste precious park time

He won't get the nifty tags, but what can you do?
That will work. I add a friend last minute one time. I was able to add her to my room and DME from the front desk at the BC while she was on a plane to Orlando. She did have to claim her luggage, but she got on DME no problem.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(13)Picasso








*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 594

Just wanted to update everyone and thank you for your info, I went on the DME website myself and signed us all up for DME, and despite what a CM told my TA you can indeed sign up different people with different arrival days and flights on the same reservation.

I did that, and got my vouchers (in Canada) 3 business days later. Now I have vouchers for DH, and he can take DME.

Interesting fact: he's not been added to my RO reservation yet and still got a voucher. I'm going to add him when I check in. At least he has luggage tags now.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.