Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Annual Pass Exchange/ Magic Band

Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but there are way to many threads for me to read on this subject . I have a reservation at BCV for Oct9th- Oct22nd, I have checked in online, I have linked everything up except we have annual pass exchange vouchers so I can't link up tickets ( at least not as far as I can tell ). When I log in to the DME app, it tells me to make fastpass+ selections but when I try it tells me I have to have valid park tickets.

Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ? I sure hope not !

Thanks
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle31 View Post
Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Some have tried calling Disney's IT dept. for help.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but there are way to many threads for me to read on this subject . I have a reservation at BCV for Oct9th- Oct22nd, I have checked in online, I have linked everything up except we have annual pass exchange vouchers so I can't link up tickets ( at least not as far as I can tell ). When I log in to the DME app, it tells me to make fastpass+ selections but when I try it tells me I have to have valid park tickets.

Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ? I sure hope not !

Thanks
Hey, this exact thing happened to me too. When FP+ became available, it just started working. I have AP vouchers, and it is only showing up as "tickets" rather than "Magic Bands and Cards". Magic Band customization just became available to me today as well!! They will be shipping in 3 days For now, it looks like this won't be a problem.

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"
JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

We are still 49 days away so I guess I will just keep checking and hopeing ! Thanks !
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Old 08-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

I figured it out !!! I went on the DME App on my iphone - when I went to link tickets it had an option that said enter ticket number or SCAN ticket. I hit scan ticket - held my phone up to the barcode on the back of the exchange voucher and it worked !!! Immediatly after doing this for everyone in my group I was able to pick out fastpass+ options for everyday we are there !!!

Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I figured it out !!! I went on the DME App on my iphone - when I went to link tickets it had an option that said enter ticket number or SCAN ticket. I hit scan ticket - held my phone up to the barcode on the back of the exchange voucher and it worked !!! Immediatly after doing this for everyone in my group I was able to pick out fastpass+ options for everyday we are there !!!
Thank you! Yes that worked perfectly for us as well!

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

Another way is to choose "old tickets" and enter the barcode number (not the confirmation number) that's how it worked for us.
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #9
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?
That will not work because you don't have the annual pass in your hand until you go to the ticket window and do the exchange with the appropriate paperwork.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
wdwfan757
Mouseketeer

If scanning doesn't work for you, call the number and talk to the ticket people. They linked mine right up using the number under the barcode
wdwfan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:

That worked for me, I just put in the actual numbers on the back of the green card, not the number on the confirmation paper that they're stuck too..

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
red712371
Mouseketeer

I was going to pre-purchase the AP voucher from the Disney Store. I called over the weekend to IT and asked them if I would be able to link these and they said absolutely not. I'm guessing the prepurchased voucher from the Disney store is similar to what you are talking about - are you telling me that this is possible?

Thank you in advance.
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:

I was able to attach the will call # on my DVC AP to my November reservation. I did it on my computer, not my phone.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
I was going to pre-purchase the AP voucher from the Disney Store. I called over the weekend to IT and asked them if I would be able to link these and they said absolutely not. I'm guessing the prepurchased voucher from the Disney store is similar to what you are talking about - are you telling me that this is possible?

Thank you in advance.
I purchased 2 annual passes via Dvc member website 6 months ago and received 2 green exchange vouchers (look like a credit card). 2 days ago I went on MDE and linked them on the add tickets page (one of the choices is "add exchange certificates").. It asks you to put in the voucher # ( on the back of the card not the confirmation number on the paper). I did it first with one at which time it asked who it was for, then I did the other. right after that I was able to pick my magic bands and my FP+ picks. Keep in mind, I am staying at a test resort AKL Jambo

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
red712371
Mouseketeer

Thank you for that helpful information!
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: