Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
petsaregreat
Mouseketeer

Resort options with a separate bedroom?

Just returned from two fabulous weeks at disney. Stayed at POP for 5 days and then the Fort Wilderness cabins for the rest. I learned that my family of 4 does not fit comfortably in a regular hotel room. The cabins were perfect-- gave the kids their own bedroom. They would sleep in every day and we all had space. At the POP they woke up early every day and we were crawling on top of each other. Only thing is the lack of food at the Cabins. I am wondering if I have any other options? I understand the AofA suites are an option but I don't want to have to line up like cattle to get on a bus (which we had to at the Pop). I am assuming that the Animation is the same?

Any other resorts where the kids can have their own room. I don't need a room..... just a door in between us :-)

Thanks!
petsaregreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

There's the 1-Bedroom Viilas.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
Kimberle
WL Vet

WL has deluxe rooms. They have a separate bedroom w/ a door. AoA has the family suites. One other value has the family suites as well.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI - The cabins have the murphy bed in the front room so you have all the extra kitchen area at your disposal - at the AoA family suites - you will have a choice of a sleeper sofa or the table bed if you give the kids the bedroom. But if you take the bedroom - they will have the front of the suite and the front door/kitchenette so you will not be able to get out of your bedroom if you want them to sleep late.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Tara8595
DIS Veteran

Buena Vista Suites is a great option if you don't mind going off property - it's about a mile from the "Welcome to Disney World" archway on the south east corner of the 'World'. Full breakfast included and they have shuttles and huge suites. Usually you can get it for a little higher cost than a value. We usually only stay there when we have an annual pass though, so we don't have to pay to park (we usually drive).
9/00-BWI, 12/00-CSR, 5/01-ASMo, 10/01-POR/AKL, 12/01-YC, 5/02-BWI, 7/02-AKL, 9/02-BC, 10/02-YC, 5/03-BWI, 9/03-Disneyland-DLH, 10/03-GF, 2/04-BWI, 5/04-POFQ, 10/04-Pop, 5/05-AKL, 6/05-Disneyland DGC, 8/05-Pop, 10/05-BWI, 1/06-ASMu, 8/06-Pop, 3/07-Pop, 2/08-Pop, 8/08-Poly(DS 1st visit), 1/09-Pop, 5/09-Pop, 10/09-AKL, 12/09-Contemp MK Tower, 3/10-Buena Vista Suites, 6/10-POR, 10/10-Disneyland DGC, 1/11-ASSp, 5/11-BCV, 9/11-POFQ, 11/11-Pop, 4/12-Pop, 5/12-Disneyland-ParkVueInn(yuck)/DLH, 10/12-Pop, 12/12-AoA, 1/13 CBR-Pirate, 5/13-Pop, 8/13-Pop, 11/13-BWV, 11/13 Caribe Royale, 5/14 Pop, 6/14-Disneyland DGC, 10/14-AoA
Tara8595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I think Disney's suite options are not the greatest. Maybe look at offsite if you want more space and see what you can get?...We are in this situation too. I am willing to pay, money isn't the issue, but I am not paying for rooms with pullouts in them. I like Universal's kid suites...I so wish they had an option like that at Disney!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
twoj
Mouseketeer

Most of the disney deluxe resorts have 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites. You can rent them through disney or rent a vacation club members points and book through the vacation club. You will need to know someone with points or use a 3rd party such as David's to rent them. Renting points is almost always a less expensive option.
twoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I think Disney's suite options are not the greatest. Maybe look at offsite if you want more space and see what you can get?...We are in this situation too. I am willing to pay, money isn't the issue, but I am not paying for rooms with pullouts in them. I like Universal's kid suites...I so wish they had an option like that at Disney!
I agree! Why won't Disney accomoddate families that want or need more space/privacy with guaranteed connecting rooms or suite options that provide privacy and 4 real beds?
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
I agree! Why won't Disney accomoddate families that want or need more space/privacy with guaranteed connecting rooms or suite options that provide privacy and 4 real beds?
I don't know. It is probably one of my biggest pet peeves with WDW resorts right now. I love love love those kid suites at the Universal hotels, here is the layout...

A king bed for the parents yay, and two single beds for the kids. All real beds, no pullouts. A door in between so you can hang out for a few minutes after the kids go to sleep! No exit to the main hallway from the kids' area. No kitchen needed. Just a little separation and more space and did I mention all real beds

P.S. I know it's not a solution for those with more than two kids, but it's a great option for those of us with one or two.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
jtirishbelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I think Disney's suite options are not the greatest.
This!

Even if you choose to shell out the money for a 2 bedroom villa, The master is so far removed from the 2nd bedroom that you would need to bring along a monitor so that you could hear your children in the middle of the night.
jtirishbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
Eeyore's Wife
DIS Veteran

Favorite Suites

We love to stay at the Kids Suites at the Howard Johnson's in Anaheim across the street from Disneyland.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/what-you-get/rooms

Just click on the kids suite to see pictures! And it actually looks like the pictures!

Mom and Dad get a King! Two bathrooms, refrigerator and Microwave in Parent's room as well as Keurig Coffee maker.

There are twin bunks in the front room as well as a pull out couch. No need for a full kitchen, it is great for breakfast and snacks in the room! Plenty of bathroom space, real beds, and a pull out if you have a large family.

We also love that the cribs here are actual cribs, not pack-n-plays.

A bit of fun theme without being insane. All in all just perfect. Kids do NOT need to come into my bedroom to get to a bathroom.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: