Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #1846
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Jen, you poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that you and Paige were involved in an accident and that your car was totaled. But, thank goodness Paige checked out okay. I know that things are crappy right now but they can only get better. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #1847
francis6306
DIS Veteran

OMG! That is terrible!!! I cannot believe that you were in an accident. That's it. Emergency trip to Disney World STAT.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #1848
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Jen! Unbelievable!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #1849
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! I am so sorry to hear about the second accident! The same thing happened to me a month ago. The accident was not bad, my car was fixable, but a 19 year old who was texting in traffic wasn't paying attention and drove right into me. I had a similar panic attack to Paiges, but other than the panic attack and some extreme irritation I was fine. I really hope you are all ok. This stuff just adds so much added stress that is not needed. HOWEVER I do believe that with luck THIS bad, you are going to come upon many good things, as the universe has to balance out somehow! Just keep strong. Remember September is just 9 short days away. New month, new outlook!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #1850
redomni
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry to hear about the second wreck. I am glad that you and your daughter weren't injured in it. I know what a mess it can be with cars, I got hit making a left turn, and it totaled an '89 Beretta. They never ruled anyone at fault so I had to replace my own car. Of course I was to scared to drive for about 6 months after that. I will continue to pray for your daughter to continue to improve to for the insurance mess to be figured out soon.
redomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #1851
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Jen, I am so sorry. I can't believe that poor Paige had to go through this twice so close to each other. I am glad that she is OK.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #1852
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

Jen, I am glad to hear that you and Paige are ok, and no additional injuries occurred. Sorry about your car, hopefully your insurance will take good care of you. I will keep prayers and happy thoughts heading your way.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1853
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
for you both! Sorry the car was totaled but very glad both you guys came out ok and Paige wasn't re injured. thankfully Claire wasn't in the car too.

Hang in there! Maybe all this bad luck is out of the way and good things will start coming to you.

Jill in CO
Paige and I think we should go buy some lottery tickets. Our luck just has to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sigh. Would you just chase that dark cloud away that's been pouring on you for the last 2 weeks please? I mean, as long as you don't send it my direction of course.

I am still stunned about what happened, but just oh so thankful everyone was ok.

And Skip? Sigh again.
I chase it to some remote island that no one lives in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Oh my goodness Jen! Well I think your luck HAS to change now! Thankfully you and Paige are both ok, although I'm sure the mess you have been left will stress you beyond anything! Here is some major pixie dust to help change your luck!
I just want this all said and done! We had to go clean my car out today and Claire cried and cried about how much she loved that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jen, you poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that you and Paige were involved in an accident and that your car was totaled. But, thank goodness Paige checked out okay. I know that things are crappy right now but they can only get better. Sending hugs and prayers your way!
I am looking now for something newer! So that is kind of fun, but I wish it would just fall in my lap. I am not even sure how to go about looking anymore these days. What kind of car is Scar again? My rental is a ford edge and we kind of like it. Though Skip will never pay for a new car. He told me he found a 1994 mecury with 140,000 miles today and maybe we should go look at it. Of course he was joking, but I gave him an evil eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
OMG! That is terrible!!! I cannot believe that you were in an accident. That's it. Emergency trip to Disney World STAT.
I sure wish I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Jen! Unbelievable!
I know. it has to be like a 1 in 5 million chance.

Last edited by jenseib; 08-22-2013 at 07:19 PM.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #1854
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Hey Jen! I am so sorry to hear about the second accident! The same thing happened to me a month ago. The accident was not bad, my car was fixable, but a 19 year old who was texting in traffic wasn't paying attention and drove right into me. I had a similar panic attack to Paiges, but other than the panic attack and some extreme irritation I was fine. I really hope you are all ok. This stuff just adds so much added stress that is not needed. HOWEVER I do believe that with luck THIS bad, you are going to come upon many good things, as the universe has to balance out somehow! Just keep strong. Remember September is just 9 short days away. New month, new outlook!
Thanks goodness, because August had not been fun at all.
I am having a few anxiety issues at times when driving too. I keep watching my rear view mirror and watching those behind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redomni View Post
I am so sorry to hear about the second wreck. I am glad that you and your daughter weren't injured in it. I know what a mess it can be with cars, I got hit making a left turn, and it totaled an '89 Beretta. They never ruled anyone at fault so I had to replace my own car. Of course I was to scared to drive for about 6 months after that. I will continue to pray for your daughter to continue to improve to for the insurance mess to be figured out soon.
I read the police report today and though it is sort of right....it's not. They said I was stopped at a light when I got hit. not even a light for a little ways up the road...I was stopped for another accident. And thats what I wrote in my statement too. I don't know who wrote the report, but they seemed to have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Jen, I am so sorry. I can't believe that poor Paige had to go through this twice so close to each other. I am glad that she is OK.

Corinna
She is fine, but just bored and sick of being sore. I know she has quite a while before she is healed completely and she wants to put in a rush order on that. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonkeygirl View Post
Jen, I am glad to hear that you and Paige are ok, and no additional injuries occurred. Sorry about your car, hopefully your insurance will take good care of you. I will keep prayers and happy thoughts heading your way.
The insurance is really acting fast so far, but it just annoys me that this guy doesn't have to pay the consequences...or at least as much as he should.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1855
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Oh Jen how horrible.

Glad everyone checked out okay but so not cool with all the extra work that you have to do now.

I hope you find something great to drive. Lots of good deals since it is near the end of the vehicle year so who knows you might get a great deal on a 2013- don't rule it out.

You need some major Yes go play the lottery, you are due for some good luck.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1856
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Omg! Seriously? I feel so bad for all the bad luck your family has been having! I really hope it gets better for you, and soon! I'm always so nervous in cars that I'll be rear-ended or whatnot. Stupid distracted drivers.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #1857
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

What bad luck, at least no one was hurt except the poor car. I hope the insurance company won't raise your rates.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #1858
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Jen, as the others said , I am so sorry and glad you and Paige are okay. It really is a big bummer that he was uninsured. I am sure he will suffer the consequences in one way or another. Now it's time to sprinkle you with !!!! Hugs to you both. Being in an accident is no fun-believe me I know! But just have to look at things as the glass is half fool-you are both okay and uninjured-that's the most important thing!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #1859
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I've been thinking about you, and hoping the craziness would stop for you guys. I'm so glad Claire wasn't in the car, that was the first thing Kadence asked when I told her.
I hope Paige is doing better and better.

Skip...again I ask you if you want to borrow my invisible fry pan.

So now a new car, (used car is still NEW to me!!) is on the horizon. Finding anything you like yet?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #1860
AnnaBeth2012
Earning My Ears

Holy moly! What bad luck! I am SO glad that you are both ok.

Ever hear the saying "Bad things happen in threes"? This was only 2 bad things. PLEASE give yourself a paper cut or shrink some clothes (or something less serious but still bad) quickly before something worse happens! THEN go buy some lottery tickets or rub a magic lamp.

1st Family Vacation

WDW AoA Nemo Suite Nov. 2012
AnnaBeth2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: