Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #1831
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad Paige is doing so much better. I understand what you mean about being overprotective I would want to lock her in the house! I hope Aaron continues to get better too.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #1832
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Thanks for the update I will keep praying
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Thanks for the update. I am glad that Paige is out of hospital and well enough to venture on little excursions.

Corinna
Thanks. We are happy she is home too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The sort of update that is great to see. All the best to you & Paige.
Yes it is. She still has more mending to do, but she has come a long way in a week.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #1833
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I'm so glad Paige is doing so much better. I understand what you mean about being overprotective I would want to lock her in the house! I hope Aaron continues to get better too.
Yeah, it's hard to do when your daughter is 21, but so far I am keeping tabs on her as much as I can. She mentioned her brother picking her up this week to take her somewhere...he just turned 16 in June and is a new driver....thats scares the heck out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Glad to hear Paige is improving. They all have a long road ahead of them yet! Continued good thoughts your way!
Thanks. Yes, I think she will have to deal with emotions down the road too. Last night she was talking in her sleep and I think she was having nightmares. She doesn't remember what it was about, but my guess is it was the accident.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #1834
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Jen,

First I wanted to say that I had fallen a bit behind in your TR with RL and such, but I wanted to say that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that Paige is doing better, as a parent that is obvioulsy one phone call we hope to never receive. We went through that last year when our oldest son came home screaming "Mom you have to come Luke has cut himself"... Thankfully my wife was home (pediatric RN) as I wouldn't have been able to do it, but the boys were at a neighbor's messing around in their garage and he got "curious" with a filet knife and the story we get from the boys (true or not, its the only story) is that he picked it up and it fell out of the case and he tried to catch it. He cut 3 of his fingers pretty badly, but my wife acted quickly enough and after a long surgery you could never know it had happened. Sorry for that side story, but I definitely know a little how you must have felt and I'm glad that Paige and you guys are doing better.

Hopefully when you get back to it, reflecting on your TR will help bring that smile back...

Take Care,
Mark
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #1835
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

I was quite a way behind with your TR and only just catching up today but i wanted to stop by and say that I was sorry to hear about how much your family has just been through, and pleased to see that Paige seems to be recovering well.
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #1836
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Jen,

First I wanted to say that I had fallen a bit behind in your TR with RL and such, but I wanted to say that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that Paige is doing better, as a parent that is obvioulsy one phone call we hope to never receive. We went through that last year when our oldest son came home screaming "Mom you have to come Luke has cut himself"... Thankfully my wife was home (pediatric RN) as I wouldn't have been able to do it, but the boys were at a neighbor's messing around in their garage and he got "curious" with a filet knife and the story we get from the boys (true or not, its the only story) is that he picked it up and it fell out of the case and he tried to catch it. He cut 3 of his fingers pretty badly, but my wife acted quickly enough and after a long surgery you could never know it had happened. Sorry for that side story, but I definitely know a little how you must have felt and I'm glad that Paige and you guys are doing better.

Hopefully when you get back to it, reflecting on your TR will help bring that smile back...

Take Care,
Mark
That would've been so scary. I don't know how I would've handled that either.
Thanks so much for yout thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
I was quite a way behind with your TR and only just catching up today but i wanted to stop by and say that I was sorry to hear about how much your family has just been through, and pleased to see that Paige seems to be recovering well.
Thanks so much. It's been a rough month.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #1837
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

So sorry to hear bout the accident. Glad Paige is ok and hope she heals fast. Hope her other friends will be ok as well. Thinking of you

Last edited by petals; 08-20-2013 at 06:23 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #1838
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update on Paige.

I hope the others continue to improve and have no setbacks.

Paige may not act like it but I am sure she appreciates you being close. It makes her feel safe.

Thoughts and Prayers for you both.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #1839
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about her in the middle of all of my own stuff. How quickly God reminds us of his grace, huh?

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #1840
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've been keeping up with Paige's progress on Facebook but those are always short. It's good to hear that she's getting better. I'll continue to pray for a full recovery for her and her friends. Hopefully, she doesn't have nightmares about the accident. I'm of the mind that it will be better if she doesn't remember every single detail.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #1841
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
So sorry to hear bout the accident. Glad Paige is ok and hope she heals fast. Hope her other friends will be ok as well. Thinking of you
She is doing good, but she is out of pain medicine now. I need to call and see if they will refill it because tylenol does nothing for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Thanks for the update on Paige.

I hope the others continue to improve and have no setbacks.

Paige may not act like it but I am sure she appreciates you being close. It makes her feel safe.

Thoughts and Prayers for you both.
I know she is happy to have me, but I am also pretty boring. Today I took her to her Aunts house for a change of scenery for a few hours. She has a pool and Paige might try that out and see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about her in the middle of all of my own stuff. How quickly God reminds us of his grace, huh?
I just read your update this morning. I am so sorry. I think we just need to skip on to Sept now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've been keeping up with Paige's progress on Facebook but those are always short. It's good to hear that she's getting better. I'll continue to pray for a full recovery for her and her friends. Hopefully, she doesn't have nightmares about the accident. I'm of the mind that it will be better if she doesn't remember every single detail.
Most of those I did either on my phone or on my way out the door. There is one update I haven't posted there and am about to post here. You won't even believe it, it's like a 1 in 5 million type of thing......
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #1842
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You know how they say "When it rains, it pours"....well it is pouring here.
I just can't even believe how crappy this month has been and the bad luck we have had.

As I said before, Paige was released on Friday and came home. She has gotten pretty bored and jumpy, but she is resting a lot and has family and friends visiting. We decided that Monday she would have an outing out and we would get her license plates for her new jeep she bought a month ago. (She had to get this jeep because her ex(now) best friend took her car without permission and totaled it.) Basically we don't know all the details of that incident because her friend changed the story about 100 times.

So we got up early and all got dressed and pretty for the day. Claire was going to be dropped off at a b-day party for a friend. The mother has been great She took Claire one day while Paige was in the hospital as well) and she insisted that Claire stay for most of the day, even after the party and she would bring her home later.

Paige and I headed to the town (Wauseon) where she could get her plates. We stopped and filled my car with gas. Stopped at my bank and hers, stopped at the pet store to buy rabbit food and crickets for our ghecko (which was Paiges when she was little and is living FOREVER!) and a quick stop at Walmart because Paige wanted me to make her guacomole.
We got her plates then and stopped at the A&W/ Kentucky Fried Chicken to get some lunch to take home.
We got about a block down the road from there and I saw the truck in front of us hit the car in front of him. I slammed on the breaks and we were a good distance and we made the stop in time and we both sighed in relief.....and then BAM!
The truck behind us was watching some guy mow grass along side the road and never saw us stop, so he never slowed down and rear ended us. My car went flying into the middle turning lane and it took me about 2 car lengths before I got us stopped. (Ironically, the police congratulated me on great swerving skills...however I have no clue who we ended up over there and I certainly didn't do it on purpose. LOL)
Paige was crying and saying I can't believe this just happened. I was so worried she was reinjured and was shaking like a leaf, but I found my phone and called 911 and told them about the accident and told them to get someone out to check Paige out as she was just home from another accident the week before.

This is a long story, but to shorten it up a bit, I made Paige go in the ambulance to the local hospital to be checked. She didn't want to go, but I said it was important to know that her spleen wasn't reinjured and bleeding. I just got a bump on my head and refused treatment.

2 of the EMT's told Paige that they were at her other accident too.

I called Skip who was more worried about why we were out and the car than us. He is so much like my Dad it's scary.

My car got hit hard in the back and it jarred a lot of stuff and the radiator was leaking. It was undrivable. There were a total of 5 different cars in the accident, but it was considered 2 accidents because I had stopped in time and then I never hit the truck in front of me.

Eventually the police took me to the hospital to meet up with Paige. I had called my Mom and she met us there too.
I was informed the guy who hit me was uninsured. What a freaking mess.

Paige checked out OK and they doubled checked with her other Dr.s and she was released.

After knowing we were OK, I was just more mad about my car. It's a 2002, an I know it's value isn't much any more and I just figured it would be totaled. But Skip insisted it wouldn't be. you know, because he never has seen it since the accident....so he can make that kind of statement.

We got the call yesterday that it was totaled.
So now I am dealing with insurance, forms, police, rental car (which we should be going to get sometime today..I have been driving Paiges jeep right now), and now we will have to search for a new car.

I really did love my car, so though it's exciting to get something new, I really want something just like my old car.

I am ready for all of this to just be done with so I can go back to my boring quiet life.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #1843
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

for you both! Sorry the car was totaled but very glad both you guys came out ok and Paige wasn't re injured. thankfully Claire wasn't in the car too.

Hang in there! Maybe all this bad luck is out of the way and good things will start coming to you.

Jill in CO
Old 08-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #1844
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Sigh. Would you just chase that dark cloud away that's been pouring on you for the last 2 weeks please? I mean, as long as you don't send it my direction of course.

I am still stunned about what happened, but just oh so thankful everyone was ok.

And Skip? Sigh again.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #1845
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness Jen! Well I think your luck HAS to change now! Thankfully you and Paige are both ok, although I'm sure the mess you have been left will stress you beyond anything! Here is some major pixie dust to help change your luck!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: