Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #46
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
That's very odd....... do you happen to remember who you spoke with at IPO? The only CL request I have ever made is which trail -- Kudu or Zebra. You get a "Savanna view" (so don't need to request that); the rooms are all "near lobby" (so don't need to request that).
I don't remember...it was a guy though. Maybe he meant the trails? Is there a difference between the two on CL? Is there a reason to prefer Kudu over Zebra or vice versa? Hmmm...
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #47
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Does AKL CL leave drinks stocked after 10 pm? I know WL CL does not, but one of the things we enjoyed at YC CL was that even after the CM's left, we could still get sodas and water from the lounge.

Is that the case at AKL? Thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #48
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
I don't remember...it was a guy though. Maybe he meant the trails? Is there a difference between the two on CL? Is there a reason to prefer Kudu over Zebra or vice versa? Hmmm...
Just a matter of preference, is all. Zebra Trail is the side with the elevator and also closer to the pool and restaurants; but since you'd be just off the lobby if on Kudu, the Zebra advantage is minimal at best.

I've stayed CL multiple times - most often on Kudu, but I don't even bother making a room request for AKL-CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Does AKL CL leave drinks stocked after 10 pm? I know WL CL does not, but one of the things we enjoyed at YC CL was that even after the CM's left, we could still get sodas and water from the lounge.

We usually take a few cans of soda to our room during the day so we don't even venture up to the lounge after 10pm. They don't have individual water bottles and don't keep the large water bottles out.

If we don't get a definitive answer here, I will check next week - especially since our room will be on the 6th floor!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #49
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincystamper View Post
Stumbled onto this thread this morning and am glad I did! I'll be staying at AKL this December for the first time and am grateful for all the helpful info!
What are your dates? We'll be at Jambo House from Dec. 7-14th. You will LOVE it at AKL!!

YAY!! An new thread! Whoo hoo!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #50
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

No they don't, it's one of my few complaints about CL, they clean out the fridge and take down the water/juices. I have to remember to take some during the day and put them in the room.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 08-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #51
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

someone on facebook is asking what kind of pillows AKL uses and how to order them. I thought I would ask the most knowledgeable AKL people I know

Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #52
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Ok so quick question... We have a studio booked at at Jambo. Only ever stayed at DVC Kidani studios and regular hotel rooms at Jambo. Does anyone know if all the dedicated studios have a closet and armoire? I know not every studio has a closet. Starting to get nervous we won't have enough space to unpack the 4 of us if we don't have a closet too. Anyone have tips for unpacking to save space in a studio at Jambo?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #53
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Checking in at Jambo in 3 weeks and just received the letter in the mail about the frig situation. I thought I had read somewhere that all replacements at AKL had been completed. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Most recent visits...
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
AoA ~ January 27-February 3, 2013
POR ~ November 10-17, 2012
Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #54
cincystamper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
What are your dates? We'll be at Jambo House from Dec. 7-14th. You will LOVE it at AKL!!

YAY!! An new thread! Whoo hoo!

We'll be there Dec. 3-14. Can't wait!!!!!

Still wondering what kind of room request we should make (if any). Would love a good view, but would also appreciate a decent proximity to elevators and/or bus stop...

Advice?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #55
icicleVT
Earning My Ears

Hi, everyone! ::waves::

I'm a first time poster on here and I have our first Disney trip planned with DH and DD7 this October. I'm so glad to see some positive comments on AKL as that is what we've booked for 4 nights. DD7 is a huge animal lover and DH spent 2 years living in Tanzania so to say the theme appealed to us is an understatement!

I'm also relieved to hear there are lots of things to do at the Lodge itself as we decided to make this a relaxing vacation and are only getting park tickets for 2 days. The third day we hope to spend at AKL, watching animals, eating a nice meal and relaxing by the pool -- that night we have MNSSHP tickets. Hopefully this will work out...

Anything we should know, or should be sure not to miss as first-timers there? I know my daughter would love a safari -- is it possible to do something like that through AKL without using a day at Animal Kingdom Park on our tickets? DH and I hope to go to Epcot for F&W and DD insists (rightly so) on MK for one day...
Old 08-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #56
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicleVT View Post
Hi, everyone! ::waves::

I'm a first time poster on here and I have our first Disney trip planned with DH and DD7 this October. I'm so glad to see some positive comments on AKL as that is what we've booked for 4 nights. DD7 is a huge animal lover and DH spent 2 years living in Tanzania so to say the theme appealed to us is an understatement!

I'm also relieved to hear there are lots of things to do at the Lodge itself as we decided to make this a relaxing vacation and are only getting park tickets for 2 days. The third day we hope to spend at AKL, watching animals, eating a nice meal and relaxing by the pool -- that night we have MNSSHP tickets. Hopefully this will work out...

Anything we should know, or should be sure not to miss as first-timers there? I know my daughter would love a safari -- is it possible to do something like that through AKL without using a day at Animal Kingdom Park on our tickets? DH and I hope to go to Epcot for F&W and DD insists (rightly so) on MK for one day...
Welcome to the Boards and congrats on your upcoming trip!

There is an expensive safari available at Jambo, Wanyama Safari, but it's close to $200/pp and your DD is too young -- I believe 9 in the minimum age.

There is a night safari, but I don't know all the details; it's relatively new and I haven't done it -- I believe $70-$75 but I don't know if there's an minimum age.

There are lots and lots of activities (many are free; several with minimal cost) for your DD. She can earn beads for completing certain activities at the resort. Those would make a great memento!

At check-in, you will receive an Activities sheet so you will know what's available. Also, the Activities board (by Bell Services and also by Boma) shows the activities for that day.

There are many animal viewing areas around both Jambo and Kidani. You can spend hours just enjoying those! Make sure you go out on the exterior stairs at the end of Kudu Trail at Jambo. You will see the green barn. This is where 2 savannahs meet and you will usually see lots of animals from the staircase!

AKL is a great resort for relaxing. Wishing you a magical trip!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #57
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Ok so quick question... We have a studio booked at at Jambo. Only ever stayed at DVC Kidani studios and regular hotel rooms at Jambo. Does anyone know if all the dedicated studios have a closet and armoire? I know not every studio has a closet. Starting to get nervous we won't have enough space to unpack the 4 of us if we don't have a closet too. Anyone have tips for unpacking to save space in a studio at Jambo?
They have only an armoire in the studios
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #58
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post

They have only an armoire in the studios
Ugh! I'm so worried about space now. I saw that some studios do have closets and from what I read it seems to be only select dedicated studios.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #59
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Probably ones that don't have the lockoff.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #60
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Too much travel lately but finally checking in. 23 days to Jambo! Testing Magicbands so that should be fun! So excited!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: