Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Cinderelly117
Earning My Ears

Getting back to resort after late ADR

My husband & I are taking our first trip to WDW next month and he really wants to do a good seafood dinner. We were originally going to do Flying Fish but it's looking too tough to work out logistically. Anyways, now we're looking at Narcoossee's but the only available ADR is at 9:30pm. We don't mind the late time however we'd be concerned about how to get back to our resort (Port Orleans French Quarter) afterwards since busses from MK will only run until 11 that night. Any alternatives?

Sorry if this question should be posted on a different forum!
Cinderelly117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Taxi. Money well spent compared to trying to navigate the bus system after park closing. Add up what your total costs will be for your vacation. Now, add a couple of $15 cab rides. They won't break the bank and you will appreciate the convenience when your head hits the pillow before midnight.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

If you don't want to take a cab (I recommend it!) you can take the bus to whichever park is still open, then transfer to your resort bus. If no parks are still open, take the bus to DTD, then transfer to your resort bus.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I agree with the PP, a taxi from the front of the GF is worth it. I always save and budget for a few taxi rides for resort to resort meals on our trips. I save a bit on lunch at work over time and it is easy.
If you still want to use Disney transportation, plan on a bus to DTD and transfer to a bus for POGQ. This is a very slow trip
Good Luck
Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

I would plan it one of two ways.....

1) get a taxi. the easiest and quickest way to get back to your resort after dinner. busses aren't going to work from the parks for that night.

2) bus it to DTD, and then either spend a little time there, and then get a bus back to POFQ OR use the boat back to the resort....which is much nicer than using the bus.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I agree with other PPs. Lots of WDW experience among us. Taxi back to POFQ. Since a taxi would be necessary for Narcoosee's, why don't you re-consider Flying Fish. Maybe your logistics means you would need to taxi one or both ways, but Flying Fish is totally worth it. Plus the Boardwalk-Swan-Dolphin-Beach Club area is a nice place to spend an entire evening. Bluezoo at the Dolphin is great for fish/seafood, too.

I would not take the bus to DTD. By the time you're done with your 9:30 dinner at GF, wait for bus, arrive at DTD, it could be well after midnight. First, it's a long bus trip. Then, DTD Shops would be closed. The DTD boat to POFQ/POR stops at 11pm, so that's a no-go. You'd be standing, waiting at DTD for the bus to POFQ, when you could have already been in bed if you took the taxi from GF. Some other time, though, I would highly recommend the boat from POFQ to DTD and spend an evening there with a nice dinner, maybe Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck's. The boat to DTD is one of the best perks about staying at POR/POFQ.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The taxi will be by far the quickest and easiest.

If MK closes at 10, buses will run until 11. If they close at 11, buses will run until 12.

Unless every other park is closed (Epcot and AK will be closed and you'd need to check the times for DHS) and you really do not want to pay for a taxi, I would not recommend using DTD as a bus hub. It works OK if you are good with it potentially taking well over an hour to get where you are going. I also believe the boat to Port Orleans from DTD stops running at 11 so it probably will not help you for this.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Cinderelly117
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the input! Will definitely look into a taxi for that evening.

POOHsie, we are spending another evening at DTD and dining at Raglan Road so we'll be sure to check out the boat to/from POFQ!
Cinderelly117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
nkereina
Wendy Darling

If you opt to take the bus to DTD, I highly recommend the boat as well. From DTD to POFQ, the boat is much faster than waiting for the bus.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
JCMHutch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
If you opt to take the bus to DTD, I highly recommend the boat as well. From DTD to POFQ, the boat is much faster than waiting for the bus.
This is definitely the way to travel from POFQ to DTD. We do that each time we stay at either Port Orleans. The boat ride in the evening is nice and not crowded.

2014 Vero Beach, 2014 Flower & Garden - SSR, 2013 Food & Wine SSR, 2013 Dolphin/Boardwalk, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Pop Century/Gaylord Palms, 2009 POFQ, 2008 Dolphin, 2007 Pop Century, 2006 Dolphin, 2004 All Star Sports, 2003 All Star Movies, 2001 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Music, 1999 All Star Movies, 1997 All Star Sports, 1996 All Star Music, 1986 Disneyland, 1979 Wilderness Campground
JCMHutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: