Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #121
Redcon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
and no....there is no rule stated ANYWHERE that sharing a cup of soda is 'stealing'..... In fact, when we do buy soda ,say,at a park for lunch, we buy ONE soda, and all of us share it.EVERY SINGLE TIME. Did I just steal that too? I bought a mug once, we all drank (right from the mug,mmm germs) for the 1 or 2 lunches we ate by the pool. We stole nothing,and broke no rules. And FWIW,I didn't bring any mugs back on subsequent visits. In our family,we usually share snacks and drinks. That isn't stealing- When we got the mug, the sign said it was reusable for our trip,so we used it for that trip. NO RULES BROKEN.
If there was a sign posted that only ONE person can drink from that cup, then I would not have done that. And If I wanted to, I could STILL buy one (overpriced) mug,and we could all share it!(every 3 minutes LOL) So that 'problem' isn't being addressed at all- Again,in my pp I noted it's not even a deal to me IRL,it was just a passing thought...
Don't worry, Disney will come up with an RFID chip for that. If someone else's lips touch your mug (pre-scanned when you buy the mug...like the finger-biometric system), a numbingly loud alarm will be set off, not only alerting the Disney Beverage Police, but causing the extra drinker violator to drop the mug spilling its contents, wheresas you'll have to wait another 3 minutes for a refill.

Last edited by Redcon1; 08-21-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Redcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #122
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
and no....there is no rule stated ANYWHERE that sharing a cup of soda is 'stealing'..... In fact, when we do buy soda ,say,at a park for lunch, we buy ONE soda, and all of us share it.EVERY SINGLE TIME. Did I just steal that too? I bought a mug once, we all drank (right from the mug,mmm germs) for the 1 or 2 lunches we ate by the pool. We stole nothing,and broke no rules. And FWIW,I didn't bring any mugs back on subsequent visits. In our family,we usually share snacks and drinks. That isn't stealing- When we got the mug, the sign said it was reusable for our trip,so we used it for that trip. NO RULES BROKEN.
If there was a sign posted that only ONE person can drink from that cup, then I would not have done that. And If I wanted to, I could STILL buy one (overpriced) mug,and we could all share it!(every 3 minutes LOL) So that 'problem' isn't being addressed at all- Again,in my pp I noted it's not even a deal to me IRL,it was just a passing thought...

Again, Disney doesn't state every rule. They assume their guests have a bit of common sense. There is no posted rule about not throwing tomatoes at your fellow guests, but I'm sure it is against the rules. No where is it posted that you shouldn't get busy on a table in the middle of the food court, but I'm sure it is against the rules.

It they assumed family members were just sharing mugs, they wouldn't give one to each member when they are on the dining plan.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #123
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

Again, Disney doesn't state every rule. They assume their guests have a bit of common sense. There is no posted rule about not throwing tomatoes at your fellow guests, but I'm sure it is against the rules. No where is it posted that you shouldn't get busy on a table in the middle of the food court, but I'm sure it is against the rules.

It they assumed family members were just sharing mugs, they wouldn't give one to each member when they are on the dining plan.
(1) Littering -- which Disney does actively address by providing trash cans and signage and (2) Public sex is against the law in Florida, they don't need to publish rules about it.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #124
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Thank you for this....I needed a good LOL right now Throwing tomatoes......
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #125
hsmamato2

BTW I do consider it common sense to share....
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #126
hsmamato2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcon1 View Post
Don't worry, Disney will come up with an RFID chip for that. If someone else's lips touch your mug (pre-scanned when you buy the mug...like the finger-biometric system), a numbingly loud alarm will be set off, not only alerting the Disney Beverage Police, but causing the extra drinker violator to drop the mug spilling its contents, wheresas you'll have to wait another 3 minutes for a refill.
Lip scans....like fingerprint scans for tickets this is a visionary step
Old 08-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #127
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lip scans....like fingerprint scans for tickets this is a visionary step
I envision mug handles like those pistol grips that only allow the owner to shoot the gun.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #128
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

I envision mug handles like those pistol grips that only allow the owner to shoot the gun.
Hahahajaha! That would work!

It is what it is.

Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #129
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer

We have bought 2 mugs in the past and one sits in the room unused. I take mine in the early morning...go drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee. Hit the gym. Get another cup and walk back to the room sipping it. Then while I shower, my husband takes some...he maybe drinks 2/3s of the cup of coffee and I finish it.

Morning is the only time we use the cups because we do not like the fountain soda (very sensitive to Orlando water). We buy a case of soda and bottled water on our way to the hotel (use a town car from the airport with a stop at the grocery store).

If we are staying on property again we will most likely buy only one mug since we cannot reuse them at home for coffee (can not go in the microwave).

I am not going to ask if anyone things this is "stealing" since I am sure there are so many varied opinions out. I am not about to carry a second mug with me in the morning so even if we had two mugs we would end up sharing one.

I am not about to waste money on a second mug that cannot be reused for our purposes. Someday there will be an implant in our arm that is synced to the mug preventing my husband from sipping my coffee while I shower but until then we will share.
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #130
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sharing a cup of soda isn't stealing. Sharing a mug isn't stealing. However, Disney would like it better if a family bought a mug for each member instead of sharing one mug. So they're not going to outlaw sharing a mug, but they are going to make it a little more inconvenient to do it. Those who are OK with waiting 3 minutes per fillup to get their entire family Coke will still do it. Others will give up and buy more mugs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: