Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
If we are given the plate, can it be shipped to our resort like when we buy things in the gift shops, or do I have to carry it all day in the park???

I was hoping if they wouldn't send it back to the resort from the BD then I could buy something in a gift shop and ask them to send it back to my room and include the plates in the bag.
I'm pretty sure they offered to hold the plate for us at the Brown Derby so we didn't have to schlep it around the park all day, and we could just pick it up on our way out. As it turned out DH and I went back to the hotel right after the lunch so we just took it with us. But, they may offer to hang onto the plate for you at the restaurant, or you could always ask them if they don't offer first.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

I did Dine with an Imagineer on my solo trip in 2011 and it was definitely a huge highlight of my trip. Similar to DVC Kathy, I don't exactly remember what our Imagineer did, but the group was awesome. People tend to only sign up for this lunch because they love Disney and want to know more (which is sounds like is similar to you guys). One guy in my group did it alone while his family did other things, which seems like something I'm going to have to do in the future and I have no hesitations (I mean I did it solo myself already).

The food was excellent and the plate souvenir is one of my favorite things I own. I'm not so sure they'll ship it to your room, but they definitely held onto it for me while I spent the day in HS and I took it back to my resort when I left. I'd be worried about including it with shipping of another souvenir because I wouldn't want the chance of it breaking. I love it that much.

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummbGiRL View Post
I did Dine with an Imagineer on my solo trip in 2011 and it was definitely a huge highlight of my trip. Similar to DVC Kathy, I don't exactly remember what our Imagineer did, but the group was awesome. People tend to only sign up for this lunch because they love Disney and want to know more (which is sounds like is similar to you guys). One guy in my group did it alone while his family did other things, which seems like something I'm going to have to do in the future and I have no hesitations (I mean I did it solo myself already).

The food was excellent and the plate souvenir is one of my favorite things I own. I'm not so sure they'll ship it to your room, but they definitely held onto it for me while I spent the day in HS and I took it back to my resort when I left. I'd be worried about including it with shipping of another souvenir because I wouldn't want the chance of it breaking. I love it that much.
Hmmm so it's not boxed?
I assume because it's signed it's a display kind of thing and not something you would use to show off with company by putting any food on it.
You have me curious now. Can't wait to see it in person.

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: