Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Magic in the Med: Aug. 10-17 TONS OF PHOTOS!

Let's try this again, I've written this first installment twice and in my jet-lagged stupor deleted it both times!

Here's the cast of characters:
From Waco, Texas:
JoAnn (me)
Paul (dh)
Stephanie (dd16)
Rachel (dd13)

From San Jose, California:
David (fil)
Norene (mil)
Brian (bil)

Tuesday, August 6
Our flight was scheduled for 5:45 p.m. out of Dallas Fort-Worth (DFW) and we live in Waco, about 2 hours south. Because I-35 is notoriously bad, we decided to leave extra early about 10 a.m., have lunch and mosey on over to the airport. In addition, there was a Homeland Security high-risk thing going on, so it seemed best to err on the side of caution.

No problems on I-35 but the metroplex was a hot mess of contruction and detours. The GPS was totally befuddled and we couldn't even find the exit to get some lunch. We decided we'd just go ahead and head to the airport.

Paul had already made an on-line reservation at the Parking Spot for off-site parking. theparkingspot.com We had not used this service before and we were very pleased with it. We were assigned a covered parking spot at $11.50 a day. Paul backed into it while the shuttle driver waited, we boarded and we were off.

DFW is a very nice airport. It's bright and airy. There are colorful mosaics on the floors and sculptures and other artwork. Free wifi and lots of USB ports and electrical connections. We checked in, got boarding passes, passed through security and had lunch at Au Bon Pain. Then settled in for the afternoon with our myriad of iPads, Galaxies and iPhones.

David, Norene and Brian arrived from their San Jose flight, and we were excited to be getting closer to time to board.

Except it wasn't.

The monitor said the flight was scheduled for 5:45 but now moved to 6:00. Then it creeped in 15 minute increments to 6:15, 6:30, 6:45...

Finally, the crew made an announcement that the plane was delayed because the ground air conditioning wasn't working and the cabin was too hot.

Once we got in the air, the plane's air conditioning would be fine. So, we settled in and it was hot for a while but cooled down once airborne.

Norene and Brian are happy to be on their way

As are Stephanie and Rachel:

In all the years of flying, I don't recall seeing such a dour-looking flight attendant as we had. Paul dubbed her "Hilda." (sorry to all the nice Hilda's out there....) She never smiled and looked like she really didn't like her job.

Paul moved to the back row of seats and was able to sleep for a few hours. The rest of us didn't get any sleep.
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128

Last edited by texasgirl29; 08-23-2013 at 05:03 PM.
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: