Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #2611
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Do you have a working fridge? We will be there in a little over 2 weeks
We has a working fridge in our Hawaii room at the start of August.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #2612
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

We did have a working fridge in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like maybe the rest of the resort might not though. We are staying non CL in December and we really need the refrigerator both for soda and water and for my insulin. I know if you need one for medical reasons they try and get you one but if it is busy you aren't assured one. We just can't afford to do CL again so soon so we have to go standard or go to another resort which I seriously do not want to do. I don't feel I am at home unless I am at the Poly. Going to another resort really would be a vacation breaker for me and I suspect for dh also. He is SET on the Poly ONLY from now on. He won't even consider another resort. I think my passion for the Poly has rubbed off on him. People may say given our financial standing that we are silly and being wasteful staying at the Poly but it really is the only place the entire family especially my dh relaxes. He works very very hard doing a job that a much younger man should be doing. I try very hard to make things calm and relaxing for him when we go away. He deserves it and he really truly does not ask for much. It is a struggle for us to be able to afford it as dh is the only one working and I only get a disability check but to see my husband relaxed and happy and the rest of the family happy it is worth it to me.
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #2613
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
We did have a working fridge in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like maybe the rest of the resort might not though. We are staying non CL in December and we really need the refrigerator both for soda and water and for my insulin. I know if you need one for medical reasons they try and get you one but if it is busy you aren't assured one. We just can't afford to do CL again so soon so we have to go standard or go to another resort which I seriously do not want to do. I don't feel I am at home unless I am at the Poly. Going to another resort really would be a vacation breaker for me and I suspect for dh also. He is SET on the Poly ONLY from now on. He won't even consider another resort. I think my passion for the Poly has rubbed off on him. People may say given our financial standing that we are silly and being wasteful staying at the Poly but it really is the only place the entire family especially my dh relaxes. He works very very hard doing a job that a much younger man should be doing. I try very hard to make things calm and relaxing for him when we go away. He deserves it and he really truly does not ask for much. It is a struggle for us to be able to afford it as dh is the only one working and I only get a disability check but to see my husband relaxed and happy and the rest of the family happy it is worth it to me.
We stayed at the Poly in May and my DH feels the same way. This is the only resort for him. I have no problem with that!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #2614
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita View Post
We stayed at the Poly in May and my DH feels the same way. This is the only resort for him. I have no problem with that!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Neither do I. As I said my dh doesn't ask for very much so when he wants something I try my hardest to make it happen for him. He so deserves it. He is a good man, great father, and hard worker.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #2615
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976 View Post
9 days from today we check into the Poly for the very first time! 10 days from today DH and I renew our vows on Luau Beach. I am so excited! I do have some last minute questions though that I was hoping some of you could help me with.

Are there any "must dos" while staying at the Poly? The day we renew our vows we are going to be hanging around the resort all day. I've never not gone to a park during the day. We could easily spend the day at the pool, but is there anything else fun that we should look into?

How long is the jogging trail at the Poly? Is it easy to follow? Also, when is the fitness center open at the Grand Floridian? It is my understanding that Poly guests can use the gym at the GF. Thanks!

I know this is but may I ask what package you booked for your vow renewal? DH and I were thinking about renewing next year at the Poly. We were looking into that package that allows 20 guests, but the ceremony area did not list the Poly. TIA and enjoy your trip
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #2616
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Here in the world now and had breakfast at O'Hana yesterday. While there, we asked if we could see a room since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August for her bday. Well, after seeing a newly refurbed room and taking a tour of the grounds (we dine here on every trip but never walked around), all I can say is we are definitely booking the Poly for next year's trip. My entire family loved it! We all agreed the new rooms are so much brighter & nicer and we're excited. Everyone agreed they could live with construction and the only thing that will be a deal breaker for us will be if the main pool is down. Soooooooo...right now it looks like it will be the Poly for August 2014
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #2617
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
We stayed in Tokelau 7/31-8/8 and had a working fridge.
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #2618
angbuz
Mouseketeer

Leaving today!!!! I can't believe it's finally here. We've been counting down since 199 days. SOOOO EXCITED!!!
August 2010 - BC
August 2013 - POLY :
Old 08-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #2619
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
I know this is but may I ask what package you booked for your vow renewal? DH and I were thinking about renewing next year at the Poly. We were looking into that package that allows 20 guests, but the ceremony area did not list the Poly. TIA and enjoy your trip
I believe due to DVC going in that they have stopped offering the Poly as a venue after a certain time. They will be putting bungalows in where that venue is now which makes me sad.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #2620
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz View Post
Leaving today!!!! I can't believe it's finally here. We've been counting down since 199 days. SOOOO EXCITED!!!
Wooooo hoooooo!!! So happy for you!!!! Have a safe and wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing reports on your stay and seeing pictures if you take them.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #2621
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Here in the world now and had breakfast at O'Hana yesterday. While there, we asked if we could see a room since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August for her bday. Well, after seeing a newly refurbed room and taking a tour of the grounds (we dine here on every trip but never walked around), all I can say is we are definitely booking the Poly for next year's trip. My entire family loved it! We all agreed the new rooms are so much brighter & nicer and we're excited. Everyone agreed they could live with construction and the only thing that will be a deal breaker for us will be if the main pool is down. Soooooooo...right now it looks like it will be the Poly for August 2014
We decided to do a split stay in July to see if we liked it.................WE FELL IN LOVE!!! Don't get me wrong, BC is still a great resort especially for the Epcot location and the boat to DHS. But, Poly is now my favorite resort

We are heading back to Disney for Mardi Gras, and the only reason we are not booking at Poly is because it will be a BIT too cold for us to use the pool. I'm hoping we will also book a summer trip so I can get back there!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #2622
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
We decided to do a split stay in July to see if we liked it.................WE FELL IN LOVE!!! Don't get me wrong, BC is still a great resort especially for the Epcot location and the boat to DHS. But, Poly is now my favorite resort

We are heading back to Disney for Mardi Gras, and the only reason we are not booking at Poly is because it will be a BIT too cold for us to use the pool. I'm hoping we will also book a summer trip so I can get back there!!!
Ocalla February actually might not be too cold for the pool. Lately we are not having bad winters down here. Especially if you are from up north what we think is cold is fine for you guys. My sister always calls me a weather wimp when it is 70 and I am freezing. LOL
Old 08-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #2623
karriealex

mommyrosa2 so glad to have you as a fellow Poly lover. I am really amazed at how much this resort has come to mean to me. It is not Disney unless we stay there. Our last trip we spent much more time than we ever did at the resort. We go a lot so we stopped going commando several years ago but there were actually days that we didn't go to the parks at all. That was a first for us. Normally we went to the parks every day with a break. This time was not like that. We actually wanted to stay at the resort on certain days and had no want to go to the parks. It was wonderful just hanging around the Poly.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #2624
karriealex

Quote:
Ocalla February actually might not be too cold for the pool. Lately we are not having bad winters down here. Especially if you are from up north what we think is cold is fine for you guys. My sister always calls me a weather wimp when it is 70 and I am freezing. LOL
Just looked it up. The average high temp is around 70 and the average nightly low is in the 50's. The Poly pool is also heated.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #2625
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Nope, not from up north!! This little "Cajun" gets cold out if it dips below 80!!! There was one day this past July, that was very overcast.............it was too cold for me to get in the pool

soooooo, or darn, I had to sit by the bar and have a few cocktails!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: