Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Ziggie
Gets "ziggie with it" for Disney
The TF is inspired by Ziggie!!!
Winner of the "Who's been extra nice on the boards this week" Award
 
Ziggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sunny Florida ~ not too far from Mickey :)
Posts: 1,121

What are the handicapped Boardwalk Villa rooms?

I have been trying to remember the room numbers of the handicapped/easy access villas at the Boardwalk. Members of my family have stayed in the ones on the 3rd floor and 4th floor (both are right behind the elevators).

But, for the life of me, I can't remember what the room numbers were? I'm trying to do something special and I want to request the same room they stayed in a few years ago.

Can anyone tell me what either of the room numbers might be? Maybe someone who has stayed there or is staying there right now?

Hopefully someone here can help me (fingers crossed!!)
__________________
Over 500 trips to WDW
Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Ziggie
Gets "ziggie with it" for Disney
The TF is inspired by Ziggie!!!
Winner of the "Who's been extra nice on the boards this week" Award
 
Ziggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sunny Florida ~ not too far from Mickey :)
Posts: 1,121

Can anyone please give me a hint?
__________________
Over 500 trips to WDW
Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,401

There are probably more than two accessible Villas at BWV (one would hope, anyway ). Requesting specific room numbers almost never works.

You could request "a handicap room near the elevator on three or four" or rephrased in whatever order of importance matters most.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Ziggie
Gets "ziggie with it" for Disney
The TF is inspired by Ziggie!!!
Winner of the "Who's been extra nice on the boards this week" Award
 
Ziggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sunny Florida ~ not too far from Mickey :)
Posts: 1,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
There are probably more than two accessible Villas at BWV (one would hope, anyway ). Requesting specific room numbers almost never works.

You could request "a handicap room near the elevator on three or four" or rephrased in whatever order of importance matters most.
Thanks for your reply Kaytie It was helpful and appreciated.

I've had success with getting a specific room in the past (wedding anniversaries) but maybe that doesn't work with handicap rooms. If I can't think of the room number, I'll do as you suggest and ask for the room near the elevator.

Have a terrific day Kaytie!
__________________
Over 500 trips to WDW
Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,401

Not just 'the room'; 'the accessible room' or 'the handicap room'.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,447

I would like to see a pic of the HC room. We will be staying there in Oct! Our DD uses a wheelchair, we have never made a room request.
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 45,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
I have been trying to remember the room numbers of the handicapped/easy access villas at the Boardwalk. Members of my family have stayed in the ones on the 3rd floor and 4th floor (both are right behind the elevators).

But, for the life of me, I can't remember what the room numbers were? I'm trying to do something special and I want to request the same room they stayed in a few years ago.

Can anyone tell me what either of the room numbers might be? Maybe someone who has stayed there or is staying there right now?

Hopefully someone here can help me (fingers crossed!!)
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...las/roomfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
I would like to see a pic of the HC room. We will be staying there in Oct! Our DD uses a wheelchair, we have never made a room request.
http://allears.net/acc/g_bwv.htm
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessShanShan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 293

I've been in 1068 and 2070 and both were handicapped units. 1068 is a one bedroom and 2070 is a studio. 1068 is behind the elevators and just around the corner from Hustles and Bustles. The laundry room is across the hall. 2070 is right above 1068 and one room over. This would make me almost certain that 1070 is a handicapped studio and 2068 is a handicapped one bedroom. I would think 3068, 3070, 4068, and 4070 are all also handicapped rooms.
__________________
[CENTER]
Shan
Chuck and Shan
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
PrincessShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
Ziggie
Gets "ziggie with it" for Disney
The TF is inspired by Ziggie!!!
Winner of the "Who's been extra nice on the boards this week" Award
 
Ziggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sunny Florida ~ not too far from Mickey :)
Posts: 1,121

Thanks so much everyone! We're back and had a fabulous time

Already planned our return trip for November ~ Thanksgiving Day in the parks!
__________________
Over 500 trips to WDW
Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.