Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #3196
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
Just checked in at POFQ today. Two rooms, neither had a frig despite requesting one for medical needs (for only one room) via phone 3x over past two weeks. Rooms were in buildings 4 and 7. The front desk doesn't know when you check in if you have a frig. They suggest you call if you do not, and need one.

I called maintenance from the room, and had one within two hours. They said that if the room doesn't already have one, you can only get one for a medical request.

No freezer section at all, to answer another poster's question.
would you please post how long it takes to get from building 7 to the food court. it seems to be the farthest building and i am wondering.
thanks, have a great vac a.
tinkerone is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #3197
Amanda999
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post

would you please post how long it takes to get from building 7 to the food court. it seems to be the farthest building and i am wondering.
thanks, have a great vac a.
Hi! Well, for someone with a mobility or breathing issue, the farthest rooms in bldg 7 are a bit of a walk to the food court in this heat. As we all walk at different paces, you might want to google map it, drop pins to get the distance, and then compare to a map of your neighborhood? Note that the food court is on the side of the main bldg closer to bldg 4 (and 7).

I walk briskly (I'm not the one in our group with a medical issue), and its less than five minutes of walking. A scenic walk, too.

Unless there is a medical issue, and if you don't have kids, you might love bldg 7- quieter, and closest to Riverside. Or just ask to change rooms- they were very accommodating just now with us. Hope that helps! Ok, off to the pool!
Amanda999 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #3198
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
Ok, off to the pool!
I was fully with you up to that point, then you had to go and rub it in! LOL

Have a great time!

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #3199
dani7776
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post

Just checked in at POFQ today. Two rooms, neither had a frig despite requesting one for medical needs (for only one room) via phone 3x over past two weeks. Rooms were in buildings 4 and 7. The front desk doesn't know when you check in if you have a frig. They suggest you call if you do not, and need one.

I called maintenance from the room, and had one within two hours. They said that if the room doesn't already have one, you can only get one for a medical request.

No freezer section at all, to answer another poster's question.
Thanks for the update oh well guess its the luck of the draw !! We ordered a cooler through garden grocer but would much rather a working fridge either way nothing will ruin my disney trip =)
dani7776 is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #3200
tb1972
DIS Veteran
 
tb1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 593

Hello!

We needed to supplement our SSR stay with one night and chose POFQ. Our room has a garden view. Any suggestions for building number? This is an adults only trip in Nov. and we'd like a fairly quiet area but not too far from the Dtd boat dock and food court.
Thanks!
__________________
meDHDD12DS10
MaxwellSebastian

tb1972 is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #3201
Amanda999
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I was fully with you up to that point, then you had to go and rub it in! LOL

Have a great time!

Andre
I owe you a huge thank you, Andre. Your website is spectacular. I've stayed at Riverside many times now, and now at FQ (always wanted to stay at FQ, but always get much better discounts at Riverside). Anyway, I stumbled upon your site a couple of years ago, switched from Poly to PO and have never looked back. The kids and I and DH all love it here, and part of it was my ability to plan via all the info on your site. So, THANKS!

And in case this helps anyone: I just now booked free dining Bounceback. Dates are as described before: August 20, 2014 to September 29, 2014. 2 day base ticket minimum. FQ garden view, POR garden and POR preferred were all available for late August.

Room only Bounceback is still the old 2013 dates. She was surprised: said she thought they were out for 2014, and I should call before I check out. Will update if any news.
Amanda999 is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #3202
JessicaW1234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Hello!

We needed to supplement our SSR stay with one night and chose POFQ. Our room has a garden view. Any suggestions for building number? This is an adults only trip in Nov. and we'd like a fairly quiet area but not too far from the Dtd boat dock and food court.
Thanks!
Building 1 would be a good location. It is away from the pool, next building out from building2. Building 2 is closest to the boat dock but you might end up hearing noise from the pool. If that doesn't bother you, then 2 is closer to the food court.
JessicaW1234 is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #3203
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer
 
TI double-GUH ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 170

Here now. It is lovely! Lobby really looks great and the updated rooms are great. We got building 4 ( we asked for something close to bus stops) but didn't get a corner room ( our other request). So far though we're happy with the room anyway. They said it is a n upgrade but seems like we are looking at a maintenance building so I can't see how that is possible...

Still -- it has been great and we're so glad to be here!

Oh and there was a fridge in the room but it didn't seem cold so not sure if it is working...

Such a great place to be!!
__________________
TI double-GUH ER is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #3204
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Call the resort phone number (in post #1) and ask to speak to someone in the on-site room allocation team (as opposed to the remote call center that will initially answer your call). Alternatively, you can fax them directly (again, number in first post).

At worst, you can ask at the front desk and they will sort it out for you, but it might take longer.

Buses do start earlier, but getting to DTD for 7:30am might be pushing it a bit - you might want to get a cab to be safe. Around $10-$15 should cover it.

Sorry, I'm afraid that is absolutely not correct, I assume you spoke to a call-center cast member? Only about 50% of POFQ rooms have working fridges at the moment. Another 500 or so are due at the end of this month, but I assume those will be split between POR and POFQ.

Andre
Well I called the 407 Disney number unto discuss my reservations and I asked her because I want a fridge . Her exact surfs were POFQ was all complete . If she straight out lied its not my fault . Just saying what j heard and we all know sometimes the the stuff they say is bs. Don't get why she would have just lied . How do you know you'd info ? Are you there right now
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #3205
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran
 
GrammyJudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,786

I have read somewhere that if you have multiple rooms not to do online checkin...why?
__________________
1983 FW, 1985 & 1986OFFSITE, 1987 FW,1988 DL, 1990 OFFSITE, 1992 CBR, 1994 POFQ, 1995 ASSp, 2005 ASMo, 2007 & 2009 POP, 2011 ASMu, 2012 ASMo, 2013 POFQ
GrammyJudy is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #3206
dani7776
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post

I owe you a huge thank you, Andre. Your website is spectacular. I've stayed at Riverside many times now, and now at FQ (always wanted to stay at FQ, but always get much better discounts at Riverside). Anyway, I stumbled upon your site a couple of years ago, switched from Poly to PO and have never looked back. The kids and I and DH all love it here, and part of it was my ability to plan via all the info on your site. So, THANKS!

And in case this helps anyone: I just now booked free dining Bounceback. Dates are as described before: August 20, 2014 to September 29, 2014. 2 day base ticket minimum. FQ garden view, POR garden and POR preferred were all available for late August.

Room only Bounceback is still the old 2013 dates. She was surprised: said she thought they were out for 2014, and I should call before I check out. Will update if any news.
Didn't even know you can book bounce back and get free stuff ?? Thought only on cruise ? How does it work do u need to know the week in advance ? Any info you have is great going in 10 days and already wanna plan next trip
dani7776 is offline  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #3207
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran
 
GrammyJudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,786

100 days and we will be there!
__________________
1983 FW, 1985 & 1986OFFSITE, 1987 FW,1988 DL, 1990 OFFSITE, 1992 CBR, 1994 POFQ, 1995 ASSp, 2005 ASMo, 2007 & 2009 POP, 2011 ASMu, 2012 ASMo, 2013 POFQ
GrammyJudy is offline  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #3208
westgirl
Mouseketeer
 
westgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hartlepool UK
Posts: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
100 days and we will be there!
We'll be there then too so excited!
__________________
Kathryn xx

westgirl is offline  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #3209
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran
 
GrammyJudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
Just checked in at POFQ today. Two rooms, neither had a frig despite requesting one for medical needs (for only one room) via phone 3x over past two weeks. Rooms were in buildings 4 and 7. The front desk doesn't know when you check in if you have a frig. They suggest you call if you do not, and need one.

I called maintenance from the room, and had one within two hours. They said that if the room doesn't already have one, you can only get one for a medical request.

No freezer section at all, to answer another poster's question.
Did you ask to have the two rooms together? We have two rooms and I linked the reservations and asked for adjoining and we will not be happy if we are separated like you are.
__________________
1983 FW, 1985 & 1986OFFSITE, 1987 FW,1988 DL, 1990 OFFSITE, 1992 CBR, 1994 POFQ, 1995 ASSp, 2005 ASMo, 2007 & 2009 POP, 2011 ASMu, 2012 ASMo, 2013 POFQ
GrammyJudy is offline  
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #3210
pooch
I feel so special now!!
 
pooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: enfield, ct
Posts: 3,538

Oh GrammyJudy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
100 days and we will be there!
100 days for us too!! Since we both hit double digits tomorrow, LETS DANCE AND JUMP

and try not to be too impatient.
__________________
POOCH
4/84 Off Site, 10/89 CBR, 9/99 DxL, 8/06 WL, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 POFQ, 9/09 Pop, 9/10 Pop, 8/11 Pop, 5/12 CSR, 11/12 At DD's, 12/13 POFQ, 2/15 US/IOA/POP

pooch is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: