Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Question Couple of quick questions Big River Grill over on the boardwalk.

My DD wants to try there on our trip in January.

How is it? Suggestion? Reviews?

What the best way to get there from DHS?

Best way to get back to our resort after dinner?

Thanks so much

Last edited by LovesTimone; 08-21-2013 at 09:11 AM.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
madalex
DIS Veteran

I frequently go there for lunch. The food is standard pub fare; pretty good, but not fantastic. There will be five or six different beers to try and they are good as well. Service has generally been pretty good and the last couple times I went, the food came out very quickly after ordering.

From DHS, you can take either the boat or walk (15 minute walk).

Back to resort will require a cab or a rerturn to DHS and a bus from there.
madalex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
bostonminnie
Mouseketeer

I feel like Big River Grille does not get the best reviews on here, but I was pleasantly surprised when we went this past June. My husband and I split appetizers and each tried one of the beers. We thought the apps were good, much better than ESPN. The staff were also super friendly and helpful with our cranky son. They do not take reservations, but we did not have to wait at all for a table, I think we arrived around 2pm.

To get there from HS you can take the boat or walk. Not sure what resort you are staying at, but you can take the boat or walk to Hs or Epcot to catch a bus back. If you do walk or boat to Epcot you will be dropped off at World showcase and need to walk through the whole park (or take another boat) to get to the front where the monorail and buses are.

Have fun!

bostonminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
jimandami
DIS Veteran

The outdoor tables at Big River are one of my very favorite spots to have a beer, grab a bite, and just relax! Looking out at the lake and the Boardwalk just makes me feel like I am really at Disney World!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonminnie View Post

Not sure what resort you are staying at, but you can take the boat or walk to Hs or Epcot to catch a bus back. If you do walk or boat to Epcot you will be dropped off at World showcase and need to walk through the whole park (or take another boat) to get to the front where the monorail and buses are.

Have fun!
A couple notes about returning to your resort via Epcot. You can walk or take the Friendship boat to the International Gateway at Epcot, but entering Epcot requires using a park ticket so you'll need a park hopper ticket or AP since you'll be at DHS earlier in the day. Also, the boat across World Showcase Lagoon stops running in the early evening because of IllumiNations so you'll have to walk to the front of the park.

If your dinner ends late in the evening or well after DHS and Epcot closes, you could take a bus from the BWI or any of the Epcot resorts to DTD and transfer to your resort's bus. Or, my choice would be to take a taxi from one of the Epcot resorts to your resort because that would be a lot faster than buses via DTD.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
madalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonminnie View Post
If you do walk or boat to Epcot you will be dropped off at World showcase and need to walk through the whole park (or take another boat) to get to the front where the monorail and buses are.
The only way to get from the International Gateway entrance to the front of Epcot is to walk. The boat that traverses the World Showcase lagoon will be of no help in that regard.
madalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We LOVE Big River Grill! We go there often as we are annual passholders a and go over for the day twice a month at least.

We have tried the blackened mahi (my absolute fav meal at Disney anywhere), the chicken sandwiches, burgers, and the BBQ pork sandwich... We have never had a bad meal there.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
niccikatie
Mouseketeer

We just had beers and nachos there on Sunday night! We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the beers. They are brewed on site and were very nice! We split an app order of nachos for a late night snack. They were tasty and the guacamole was fresh. Overall, I'd go back for a dinner if I was on the Boardwalk!

POR 7-31-10 to 8-2-10
POR 3-25-11 to 4-1-11
POR 2-02-12 to 2-09-12
YC 8-17-13 to 8-23-13
Wonder to Alaska! 8-18-14 to 8-25-14
a few trips as a kid too!
niccikatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: