Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #496
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer

Are there pack n plays in the rooms or do I have to request one?
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
MDsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #497
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDsMomma View Post
Are there pack n plays in the rooms or do I have to request one?
You will have to request one.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #498
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

how easy is it to get a taxi from AoA?
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #499
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamorgan View Post
how easy is it to get a taxi from AoA?
a couple of taxis will usually be waiting outside the hotel (like any other disney hotel)
If not, ask the CMs at luggage services (just outside of the buiding under the awning) and they'll call one for you. You'll get a taxi within minutes.

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #500
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I want to give you all a quick review of my stay in the LM rooms for 4 nights last week. I posted a longer review on this forum if you want to read it. Overall, I did not like it. One of the reasons is they put us in one of the farthest rooms in building 8. I did get a little bit of a lakeview which I requested, but not my other request for building 7. The walk to the food court was 10 min. and we are not slow. The heat and sun were bad during the walk and there was no shade. One positive thing was that they did find a third room for my sister for 4 nights. I thought they were always booked up but somehow the room was right next to ours. Are people checking in and then switching resorts because they don't like it there?
We had just come from Coronado springs and we loved it there. I wanted to stay but we were meeting family at AOA. All the kids loved the theming at AOA including in the room. I think our family has outgrown values. The beds and room seemed small this time. Also I could hear the noisy family next door two early mornings in a row. They had a crying 2 year old who cried from 6-8:30am both days. I didn't complain b/c we were leaving.
Last year when we visited landscapes of flavors the food seemed better. None of my extended family liked the food except for the create your own salad and pasta and my dd12 still loves the surf and surf burger. I also have to praise the everything brownie.
I'm glad my dd12 and niece and nephew got to experience this resort, but I would not return. If my kids were younger and it was a cooler month I think we would have liked it more. One more thing, I requested a fridge for both rooms I reserved. My mom got one for her room but we did not. Our rooms were connecting so we could still use it.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #501
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

any other reviews?

I love reading everyone's reviews in this thread (both good and bad things, it's good to know what to expect!) Anyone else have a review they haven't posted yet? A link to a blog with pictures or reviews?
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #502
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
We are getting ready to check out. We are all dying to leave after another sleepless night.

We had a lot of fun at the arcade last night! It's really big & has a lot of great games to play for the whole family! I love that your "tickets" get loaded onto your card! Also you can use it at any resort arcade.

I'm in the good court having breakfast & it is very busy. Seems like even more people are here than earlier in the week!

I have to add that every CM we've encountered at this resort has been friendly. No one ever walked by without saying hello & how are you.

I've learned a very valuable lesson. We are not value resort people lol. For one night? Maybe. But not longer. Either way DH already told me, deluxe or nothing lol ;-). Off to Bay Lake Tower we go!

Thank you all for posting such valuable info about AoA! It helped a lot when I was planning!!
Desnik- Did you stay in a suite or LM room?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #503
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
I love reading everyone's reviews in this thread (both good and bad things, it's good to know what to expect!) Anyone else have a review they haven't posted yet? A link to a blog with pictures or reviews?
I haven't posted mine here, but it is in my Trip Report (the link is in my sig). We absolutely loved AoA, and plan to go back on our next trip! We stayed in the LK section - it sounds to me (and I could be wrong), but most of the negative reviews I have seen have come from LM, while the majority of the positive reviews are from suites. It could just be the ones I'm reading though! Lots of pictures in my TR!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #504
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

Hi All! I just got a letter stating that the mini fridges were having issues and have been unplugged. It did not say what resorts were affected. Anyone know if the AoA suites still have working mini fridge?
Thanks in Advance )
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #505
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohanamoma View Post
Hi All! I just got a letter stating that the mini fridges were having issues and have been unplugged. It did not say what resorts were affected. Anyone know if the AoA suites still have working mini fridge?
Thanks in Advance )
Reports are that the suites were not affected.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #506
happywifeandmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
Reports are that the suites were not affected.
we got the letter and we are staying in Cars and were told that there may not be a frig . . . interested in knowing where you saw that report so i can quit worrying about medical issues . . .
happywifeandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #507
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywifeandmom View Post

we got the letter and we are staying in Cars and were told that there may not be a frig . . . interested in knowing where you saw that report so i can quit worrying about medical issues . . .
Oh wow. When did you get your letter? We are staying checking into cars suite 8/31 but I haven't seen anything yet. Everything that I've seen - including from my TA - the fridges in the suites were not affected??? We are ordering food that will need to be refrigerated.
hglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #508
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywifeandmom View Post

It's just what I've been reading around here throughout a couple of threads. Everything that I've seen has said that only LM is affected at AoA.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #509
GleepGlorp
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, my mom and I are staying here in November in a LM room. I just had a couple questions maybe some people could answer(possibly for the second or third time as I just couldn't read every response in the thread). I've seen people mention about the different buildings, which ones are the best and how do I request them or certain rooms? Second, I have a medical condition that requires I give myself shots every week..do they have Sharps containers available? Thanks in advance since I'm sure I probably missed the answers to these somewhere in here already.
GleepGlorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #510
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
I haven't posted mine here, but it is in my Trip Report (the link is in my sig). We absolutely loved AoA, and plan to go back on our next trip! We stayed in the LK section - it sounds to me (and I could be wrong), but most of the negative reviews I have seen have come from LM, while the majority of the positive reviews are from suites. It could just be the ones I'm reading though! Lots of pictures in my TR!
I'm reading through your trip report now, thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying your dining reviews, we also have ADRs for Tusker House & T-Rex.
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: