Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #1021
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

oh yikes - did they restock before the end of the trip?
Not to my knowledge. It was disappointing.
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1022
tajz90
Mama D

DCL was running out of stuff right and left this year. We drank out of red solo cups and white styrofoam cups for a couple of days, twice on our 12 nt.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #1023
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
DCL was running out of stuff right and left this year. We drank out of red solo cups and white styrofoam cups for a couple of days, twice on our 12 nt.
Red Solo Cups .... I wonder if Europe has Costcos I love how they ran out of regular DCL cups but not Red Solo Cups. How random
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #1024
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I am really getting paranoid that the last cruise before the drydock is going to be served only the dregs of whatever is left

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #1025
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
I am really getting paranoid that the last cruise before the drydock is going to be served only the dregs of whatever is left
Awwhh, but look at it this way. You'll be cruising the beautiful Mediterranean, and I'll be driving my kids to boring gym classes, doctor appointments, attending new school year meetings and cleaning the house before my next surgery.

So either way, being on the Mickey ship with no Diet Coke is way better than a regular day in the life of (insert blank here).
Old 08-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #1026
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Awwhh, but look at it this way. You'll be cruising the beautiful Mediterranean, and I'll be driving my kids to boring gym classes, doctor appointments, attending new school year meetings and cleaning the house before my next surgery.

So either way, being on the Mickey ship with no Diet Coke is way better than a regular day in the life of (insert blank here).
Very true, and I am thankful. But this is where Irony rears its ugly head. I live in the beautiful Mediterranean. I was really looking forward to good ol' American comfort foods that I can't really get here.... peanut butter, rice crispie treats, mickey bars, mac and cheese, ginger ale and CAKE! lol! There had better be some sort of corn syrup concoction pretending to be maple syrup or I will be camping out outside the head chef's quarters

Good luck on your surgery! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited by debsters41; 08-19-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: I was selfishly thinking only of myself again.
debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #1027
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Very true, and I am thankful. But this is where Irony rears its ugly head. I live in the beautiful Mediterranean. I was really looking forward to good ol' American comfort foods that I can't really get here.... peanut butter, rice crispie treats, mickey bars, mac and cheese, ginger ale and CAKE! lol! There had better be some sort of corn syrup concoction pretending to be maple syrup or I will be camping out outside the head chef's quarters

Good luck on your surgery! I wish you a speedy recovery.
Awh, thanks!

I forgot you are an Ex Pat. As food is a major source of inspiration and happiness in my life, I can completely understand the importance of mac & cheese and ginger ale. I'm sure they won't run out of those. Can you imagine the outrage of children if they ran out of mac & cheese?

Mickey Bars though--- I heard they ran out the last time they did the Med. I actually saw that in a thread somewhere.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #1028
Sir William
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 View Post
You guys have no idea how helpful this thread is for those of us that have Med cruises booked for next year!! My family is on the May 31 seven nighter and while thumbing through this thread is a little overwhelming (sooo much information), that's a good problem to have!! So excited to scrub it a little closer and make some plans.
Thanks to ALL of you for putting so much time and energy into the thread and helping the rest of us out.
We are on that cruise as well.
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #1029
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbelle View Post
I've just booked marked this thread for future years, thanks for putting it all in one place.

Dubrovnik one of my favourite places. There is a sign up at the port with the prices of taxis. We took the Panaroma tour which cost 50¬. Our axi driver who was fab and spoke really good English, drove us over the new bridge, pointed out a map with all the places we would stop for photos. Explainoed about the old and new town etc. we made a couple of photo stops and then he took us to the top of the cable car, where he explained about the war and showed us photos of the bombings and holes in the wall. He took photos of us up there and then dropped us at the gate. The tour lasted 1 hour. A taxi to the gate was ¬20 and the port were running a shuttle which I think was ¬8 each. I pre purchased our wall tickets before we left, so no standing in line. Make sure you have the local currency before you go up the wall for drinks and ice creams.

. .
We will be in Dubrovnik in October and there is like 5 ships in port that day so buying tickets for the wall in advance would be great, where did you pre buy the tickets ?

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #1030
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 View Post
You guys have no idea how helpful this thread is for those of us that have Med cruises booked for next year!! My family is on the May 31 seven nighter and while thumbing through this thread is a little overwhelming (sooo much information), that's a good problem to have!! So excited to scrub it a little closer and make some plans.
Thanks to ALL of you for putting so much time and energy into the thread and helping the rest of us out.
You're on my cruise!!! Are you on the meet/FE board? We also have a FB page for that cruise! If your family is at all interested in a private tour. We are doing one in Rome! Can't wait to meet you.

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #1031
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post

Us too!!! See you on board!
Finally more people showing up for the may 31 cruise next year! How exciting! Are y'all on the board/FB page?

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1032
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41
We are on board next week and I'm wondering the same thing myself. We saved so hard for this I really hope the 'Magic' is still there and that everyone is not gearing own for the refurb
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #1033
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty6201 View Post

We are on board next week and I'm wondering the same thing myself. We saved so hard for this I really hope the 'Magic' is still there and that everyone is not gearing own for the refurb
We had a great time on our med but we did notice several things broken. One of the drink machines was out. Not sure if Disney ever got it up and running after our cruise or not and several of the public restrooms had out of order issues. On our final night, the ladies restroom near the Walt Disney Theater had to be closed all together because water was flooding the area. Several washers and dryers were broken and never fixed our entire 12 night cruise. It was disappointing, but we didn't let of affect our attitudes or enjoyment. We drank happily from the other machines (in our red solo cups )
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #1034
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

I know what red solo cups are (thank you Toby Keith!) but what cups did DCL used to use? Is it a massive change? I would have guessed on disposable cups anyway? I'm more concerned that they are running out of food/ drink and not bothering to replace it ..... Might have been different if our cruise was discounted but we paid just as much as every one else!! I'm just a bit wary because I've heard attitudes of staff are more 'meh' too, and was there much stripping of decor etc? Tbh out of order restrooms don't really bother me , ill just go elsewhere! But if the attitude is 'we won't bother fixing it bc we have dry dock coming up' that concerns me more
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1035
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We had no diet coke from the drink station for around 4 hours one day last week. The laundry room I used (deck 2) was working fine and we didn't have red solo cups!! Just for info, we do have Costco here in the UK, but the references to red solo cups are lost on anyone here who doesn't listen to country music!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianni View Post

Finally more people showing up for the may 31 cruise next year! How exciting! Are y'all on the board/FB page?
I'm allergic to Facebook I'm afraid!! I'm sure I've already said hi on the Dis thread though.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: