Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #1981
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Heya ladies!

Linda: Remember to pick me up on the way, okay? I'm bringing the snacks.

Dani: Hugs, my friend. It'll just be that much sweeter on your return trip since you'll be able to relax. Gonna rub it in that I'm so glad I can keep up with ya on FB... now I can add this next bit:

Jen: I'm fourthing/fifthing the "Get on FB" request! And Janet, Jeanette and Kooksterama. Y'all should just make incognito accounts that none of the undesirables can find and you can chit-chat with the rest of us.

I know I'm forgetting something... back after I ruin some laundry!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #1982
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
lol you are so cute! I was actually planning for the end of August as well! I can't believe it has been over a year since my last vacation from work. In June I just rearranged my schedule without taking time off. It is NICE to not have to get up and go to work. I've been cleaning and cooking all day. Of course no one eats what I make but me, but her, that's alright! lol
Time off is awesome sis You know me & Brian love you guys...and Brian really liked Danimal too! He has a way with kids...he's like the baby whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Our dates are 8/16 - 8/24!!!! So far, we are at CR Garden Wing....can't imagine that will last much longer though...
You can ch-ch-change to WL and hang with us Candace! or Poly..or we can all keep ch-ch-changing around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sounds like next Aug could be an RC meet up!!! Of course I know all your dates will change!
That would be awesome..my dates are pretty set (did I really say that) I am set on my birthday..and I might be done with school
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #1983
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Heya ladies!

Linda: Remember to pick me up on the way, okay? I'm bringing the snacks.

Dani: Hugs, my friend. It'll just be that much sweeter on your return trip since you'll be able to relax. Gonna rub it in that I'm so glad I can keep up with ya on FB... now I can add this next bit:

Jen: I'm fourthing/fifthing the "Get on FB" request! And Janet, Jeanette and Kooksterama. Y'all should just make incognito accounts that none of the undesirables can find and you can chit-chat with the rest of us.

I know I'm forgetting something... back after I ruin some laundry!
Maybe we can morph into one account our name can be Triple J Kookerific

Miss E...ruin laundry??? I hope you meant run
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #1984
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Time off is awesome sis You know me & Brian love you guys...and Brian really liked Danimal too! He has a way with kids...he's like the baby whisperer

You can ch-ch-change to WL and hang with us Candace! or Poly..or we can all keep ch-ch-changing around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon



That would be awesome..my dates are pretty set (did I really say that) I am set on my birthday..and I might be done with school
My dates are set too, though I might add a night or two at the end...we are at 8 and usually do 10....but last time that was a touch too long....

Seriously considering just going back to WL CL, so it's funny you say that. We just love that place and always talk about it.

My only issue is that it does not move us forward in our quest to try every resort, but our top choice for the monorail resorts (Poly) is out of the question due to construction...what to do, what to do???
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #1985
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Before I can start packing I need to get DD up here, her stuff put in storage and then settled in here .... I can only stand just so much disorganization at once!

Since we are staying DVC I have 4 adults on the reservation .... just in case. But since so far just DD and I are going I customized 2 for each of us. DD is a huge Oakland A fan so she's getting green and yellow. I ordered red and pink for me.

What?! My name isn't on that reservation?!

Hey, my RC friends!

Sorry I am not around these days...I do read as much as possible...I am terrible at trying to post because I want to include everyone and doing almost anything on this iPad would drive me to drink if I wasn't so allergic to the stuff!

Enjoying all the RCing going on here and thrilled about all the upcoming trips for you all!

Have a great rest of the week.
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #1986
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Who's next up on the list besides Linda and Wookie? We've got... SeptemberGirl, DznyCrzy11 and not too long after, Willows909, Ginny and Candace. Then we're into October!

Jeanette: I forgot to congratulate you on the new job (was too excited to post my "Happy Birthday" wishes to you that it slipped my mind!) Totally meant to type "ruin" ... so if it comes out okay, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Candace: We know you're not done changing.

I_Heart: Wowsa, what a deal on GF! So glad things got better for you over at BC.

~~===============~~

Thanks for the support over the kiddo and not being with her friends in her new class. We went to a "Meet the Teacher" last night and whilst the teacher seems engaging and caring, it was far worse than I'd imagined classmate-wise. Not only is she not with any of her Girl Scout friends, she's not with any of the girls she knew from her previous class OR from other classes. It's like 20 girls -- not a single one of them in her class. Of course, I didn't say anything to her but she picked up on it straight away and was really down about it. I know she'll make new friends and she'll see the other friends at recess but it really has got me wondering how they sort out the kids. (It's like less than a 1% chance that she'd have wound up with none of the other girls she knew. Weird.) I wrote an email to the principal, out of curiosity, asking what the criteria is for placement. Anywho, life goes on.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #1987
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Hello RC Family

So far behind, wont even try to catch up

Well those expiring AP's wont stay expired for long DH's cousin and I did a little scheming this weekend and managed to book another cousin's family trip for F&W Well I should clarify.....wives are going to F&W and the hubbies are taking the kids into the parks! We will be off property again since we are going together. BC is available the weekend we are going but at about $400/nt per family, we will pay a third of that staying off property, and I would rather use the money at F&W

Kids are back to school. Yesterday was a great day and today was good with one little hiccup, but I'll take it compared to the end of last year. I spent yesterday and today catching up on "me" things, breakfast with a friend, Target ALONE, today my got my hair straightened.....all those things that have been waiting for months and months, LOL!

Oh and I agree with the FB comments, just create some fake name accounts and log on with us

I'll be watching all those August trips for next year, as I am sure there will be lots of ch-ch-changing!!!

HUGS all around!


Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #1988
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Who's next up on the list besides Linda and Wookie? We've got... SeptemberGirl, DznyCrzy11 and not too long after, Willows909, Ginny and Candace. Then we're into October!

Jeanette: I forgot to congratulate you on the new job (was too excited to post my "Happy Birthday" wishes to you that it slipped my mind!) Totally meant to type "ruin" ... so if it comes out okay, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Candace: We know you're not done changing.

I_Heart: Wowsa, what a deal on GF! So glad things got better for you over at BC.

~~===============~~

Thanks for the support over the kiddo and not being with her friends in her new class. We went to a "Meet the Teacher" last night and whilst the teacher seems engaging and caring, it was far worse than I'd imagined classmate-wise. Not only is she not with any of her Girl Scout friends, she's not with any of the girls she knew from her previous class OR from other classes. It's like 20 girls -- not a single one of them in her class. Of course, I didn't say anything to her but she picked up on it straight away and was really down about it. I know she'll make new friends and she'll see the other friends at recess but it really has got me wondering how they sort out the kids. (It's like less than a 1% chance that she'd have wound up with none of the other girls she knew. Weird.) I wrote an email to the principal, out of curiosity, asking what the criteria is for placement. Anywho, life goes on.

Me, Me, Me....Aug 31 to Sept 2!!! Short trip, but still a trip

Sorry about Miss M, that is hard and I agree weird that she does not know anyone, so unlikely Hopefully she will make some new friends and who knows maybe even a bestie
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #1989
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Melissa: Thanks. (She'll be fine after the first couple of weeks are out of the way, I'm sure.) Glad things are off to a good start with your kiddos. And... Target ... alone? I am green with envy! Those sorts of short trips are lovely -- just wish we could manage a bunch of them, but no dice from all the way up here. Oh and more money for F&W? Yes please!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #1990
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Well hopefully I remember to actually post this post this time. I made a post, previewed it to make sure the picture looked right, got destracted by something and ended up leaving the page and losing my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
1 week .... 7 days .... count 'em 7 days and I'll be leaving on a jet plane!!!
We start our drive towards WDW in 17 days, check into the Swan in 18 days (on 9/7), and check into the AKL on 9/8.

Love that song btw


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm SO READY!!! Well except for packing .....
Me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Rooms was disney 30% plus another 20%
That is a great deal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks for the support over the kiddo and not being with her friends in her new class. We went to a "Meet the Teacher" last night and whilst the teacher seems engaging and caring, it was far worse than I'd imagined classmate-wise. Not only is she not with any of her Girl Scout friends, she's not with any of the girls she knew from her previous class OR from other classes. It's like 20 girls -- not a single one of them in her class. Of course, I didn't say anything to her but she picked up on it straight away and was really down about it. I know she'll make new friends and she'll see the other friends at recess but it really has got me wondering how they sort out the kids. (It's like less than a 1% chance that she'd have wound up with none of the other girls she knew. Weird.) I wrote an email to the principal, out of curiosity, asking what the criteria is for placement. Anywho, life goes on.
I'm sorry she doesn't have anyone she already knows in the class, but I have no doubt she will have a class full of friends before the week is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hello RC Family

So far behind, wont even try to catch up

Well those expiring AP's wont stay expired for long DH's cousin and I did a little scheming this weekend and managed to book another cousin's family trip for F&W Well I should clarify.....wives are going to F&W and the hubbies are taking the kids into the parks! We will be off property again since we are going together. BC is available the weekend we are going but at about $400/nt per family, we will pay a third of that staying off property, and I would rather use the money at F&W

Kids are back to school. Yesterday was a great day and today was good with one little hiccup, but I'll take it compared to the end of last year. I spent yesterday and today catching up on "me" things, breakfast with a friend, Target ALONE, today my got my hair straightened.....all those things that have been waiting for months and months, LOL!

Oh and I agree with the FB comments, just create some fake name accounts and log on with us

I'll be watching all those August trips for next year, as I am sure there will be lots of ch-ch-changing!!!

HUGS all around!


Melissa
I would love to do another adults only trip, and I would really love to do a girls only trip (even if it was just for the weekend).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just got notification that my Magic Bands will be arriving by 10:30 am today.
WOO HOO!! I got ours today as well.


Joey and I have tried ours on. They are a lot bigger than I thought they were going to be. I had been afraid, with the size of DH's wrists, they would be tight on him. I don't think it will be. I just need him to get home so he can try them on. I toyed with the idea of taking the outside grey part off of mine and Joey's, but decided against it. We would be using the holes at the very end of the center and I am just paranoid to take the middle out. I might take the center out of JM's though.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #1991
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
What?! My name isn't on that reservation?!

Hey, my RC friends!

Sorry I am not around these days...I do read as much as possible...I am terrible at trying to post because I want to include everyone and doing almost anything on this iPad would drive me to drink if I wasn't so allergic to the stuff!

Enjoying all the RCing going on here and thrilled about all the upcoming trips for you all!

Have a great rest of the week.
One quick phone call and your name is on the reservation!!! Just sayin .....
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #1992
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I seriously have to get with it....and get on FB!! Glad to hear the TA is going well, and yes, getting family things straightened out comes first.
YES! YES you do my friend -- we need you to join us in FB land would love to see you over our way

Dani: I love being able to keep connected on FB, since I'm there EVERY day, compared to when I can jump on over here , LOL
Glad to hear you got some help with Danimal, I hope his meds and new counselling are just the ticket to some comfort and peace for both him and you! You did the right thing cancelling your trip for a less stressful time, I am sure the time will fly, and you'll be back to WDW again before you know it! Hey, my trip seems to be forever too! looking like Oct 2014/ or Jan/Feb 2015 -- all depending on when/if Andrew gets into the military this spring. He's in grade 12 this yr. and we'll start the recruiting process around Feb/March, hoping it all goes smoothly for him!
So -- it's a waiting game, plus trying to save the money we need is no small task either! we shall see what next yr. brings. Keep strong Dani, you are a wonderful mom, and I know things will work out for you
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #1993
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Awww I just love my RC family.

sis sounds like a plan! Danimal is just dying to try out Universal. I'm too chicken for the rides though so he's out of luck.

Sheila you mean my two little brats?

Janet I'm on vacation for two weeks! Daniel is down the shore with his grandparents until tomorrow. Then they'll bring him home for his therapy, and Thursday we all leave to go back. Taking the kids to Ocean City, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Cape May...squeezing a whole summer's activities into a week and a half! lol
Dani Not brats! Beautiful Babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sounds like SO much fun!! Janet and I are going to do a dinner one day soon...it would be fab to come get you and Lily! I am bringing the girls too (Danimal can join but all girls dunno if he'd like it)

Between Brandon and myself, and now Kate! you won't have to brave the scary stuff...hang with Brian and Maddie, all good! So far the dates are 8/16-23 at WL, then US/Busch Gardens...wherever we end up. We will have the PasMobile so we can drive you guys
Jeanette We stayed WL in August one year and it just seemed a tad cooler there with the pine trees, perfect choice for those H&H Florida days

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
lol you are so cute! I was actually planning for the end of August as well! I can't believe it has been over a year since my last vacation from work. In June I just rearranged my schedule without taking time off. It is NICE to not have to get up and go to work. I've been cleaning and cooking all day. Of course no one eats what I make but me, but her, that's alright! lol
Dani



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Our dates are 8/16 - 8/24!!!! So far, we are at CR Garden Wing....can't imagine that will last much longer though...
Candace I was reading about the offerings at WL and they sounded so good I was looking at WL for my trip and it was available, then Bob started telling me about an old work buddie of his being at CR last week but BWI is the perfect location for this trip I have to stay strong


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sounds like next Aug could be an RC meet up!!! Of course I know all your dates will change!
GG I wish I could do the heat of Aug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
What?! My name isn't on that reservation?!

Hey, my RC friends!

Sorry I am not around these days...I do read as much as possible...I am terrible at trying to post because I want to include everyone and doing almost anything on this iPad would drive me to drink if I wasn't so allergic to the stuff!

Enjoying all the RCing going on here and thrilled about all the upcoming trips for you all!

Have a great rest of the week.
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well hopefully I remember to actually post this post this time. I made a post, previewed it to make sure the picture looked right, got destracted by something and ended up leaving the page and losing my post.


We start our drive towards WDW in 17 days, check into the Swan in 18 days (on 9/7), and check into the AKL on 9/8.

Love that song btw


Me too!!

That is a great deal!!

I'm sorry she doesn't have anyone she already knows in the class, but I have no doubt she will have a class full of friends before the week is over.

I would love to do another adults only trip, and I would really love to do a girls only trip (even if it was just for the weekend).

WOO HOO!! I got ours today as well.


Joey and I have tried ours on. They are a lot bigger than I thought they were going to be. I had been afraid, with the size of DH's wrists, they would be tight on him. I don't think it will be. I just need him to get home so he can try them on. I toyed with the idea of taking the outside grey part off of mine and Joey's, but decided against it. We would be using the holes at the very end of the center and I am just paranoid to take the middle out. I might take the center out of JM's though.
wookie Your trip is getting so close!

I am hopeing the Magic bands are rolled out by our trip in Nov.

To anyone I missed
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1994
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I am hopeing the Magic bands are rolled out by our trip in Nov.
Even the DH is finally happy about our stay at the AKL since we are getting to try the bands. Hopefully, they will be rolled out by your trip, or at least your resort will be a test resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie Your trip is getting so close!
I know!!! It can't come soon enough, so this Summer-of-Endless-Cowpattiness (cow patty was the only way substitute for the word I wanted to use) will be over. Now the DH has to replace two tires, one of it has the metal coming out the side, tomorrow and the inspection (or maybe it's the tags) are due by the end of this month on his work car.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #1995
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani We have missed you Love seeing the pics of Danimal and Lily on FB



jenny I know we love the BWI ( I am excited about trying CL ) and while I'm hopeing for a BW View the pics I have seen of Garden View are awesome and the lounge is beautiful too.
Thanks Sheila! I am crunching numbers away here, and hoping for a new ap offer soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Dani, it's wonderful to "see" you back on our RC home You have been greatly missed!!



Dani, sounds like a good plan with waiting it out with Daniel's new course of treatments and therapists. Praying that it all comes together for you and your beautiful family.



A Princess cruise (or any cruise) would be awesome!!

Jen, hoping you get your Christmas wish early for BWI CL!! You better be good!!
JanetB: ugh, being good is,not easy for me! I am a brat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
1 week .... 7 days .... count 'em 7 days and I'll be leaving on a jet plane!!!

Just got notification that my Magic Bands will be arriving by 10:30 am today.

Also email from Costco that my water is shipping today.

DH and DD are doing the last minutes packing up the apartment and driving the moving truck from So Cal to Nor Cal tomorrow. DD's last class is tonight but she still has 2 papers to write by next Tuesday.

So far no ME mail for my latest resort add on .... but that's a piece of cake to handle.

I'm SO READY!!! Well except for packing
Linda: who hoo! 7 days! That is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
WooHoo gave dh choices of WL, CSR and GF and he picked GF!

Shout out to I_heart with info on cheaptickets

Rooms was disney 30% plus another 20%

Also with 6 digit code from cheaptickets my res loaded right into my experiences , easy peasy

Dates are 11/8-11 at GF and heading to F&W before its over!

It is kind of cute dh and I spent one night each at CR and Poly and grand anniversary finale is at Gf

Amazing planning a trip helps take away the sting of dd leaving in 2 days for college. At least she can drive home in 4 hours. Going to Buffalo if any you ladies in that area.
That is amazing! When I do the cheap tickets thing I get nowhere near that discount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Heya ladies!

Linda: Remember to pick me up on the way, okay? I'm bringing the snacks.

Dani: Hugs, my friend. It'll just be that much sweeter on your return trip since you'll be able to relax. Gonna rub it in that I'm so glad I can keep up with ya on FB... now I can add this next bit:

Jen: I'm fourthing/fifthing the "Get on FB" request! And Janet, Jeanette and Kooksterama. Y'all should just make incognito accounts that none of the undesirables can find and you can chit-chat with the rest of us.

I know I'm forgetting something... back after I ruin some laundry!
Miss: you are right, what good alias can I use??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Who's next up on the list besides Linda and Wookie? We've got... SeptemberGirl, DznyCrzy11 and not too long after, Willows909, Ginny and Candace. Then we're into October!

Jeanette: I forgot to congratulate you on the new job (was too excited to post my "Happy Birthday" wishes to you that it slipped my mind!) Totally meant to type "ruin" ... so if it comes out okay, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Candace: We know you're not done changing.

I_Heart: Wowsa, what a deal on GF! So glad things got better for you over at BC.

~~===============~~

Thanks for the support over the kiddo and not being with her friends in her new class. We went to a "Meet the Teacher" last night and whilst the teacher seems engaging and caring, it was far worse than I'd imagined classmate-wise. Not only is she not with any of her Girl Scout friends, she's not with any of the girls she knew from her previous class OR from other classes. It's like 20 girls -- not a single one of them in her class. Of course, I didn't say anything to her but she picked up on it straight away and was really down about it. I know she'll make new friends and she'll see the other friends at recess but it really has got me wondering how they sort out the kids. (It's like less than a 1% chance that she'd have wound up with none of the other girls she knew. Weird.) I wrote an email to the principal, out of curiosity, asking what the criteria is for placement. Anywho, life goes on.

I think the school admin people should explain their criteria too. I do wish they would place them with at least one friend. Hugs for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hello RC Family

So far behind, wont even try to catch up

Well those expiring AP's wont stay expired for long DH's cousin and I did a little scheming this weekend and managed to book another cousin's family trip for F&W Well I should clarify.....wives are going to F&W and the hubbies are taking the kids into the parks! We will be off property again since we are going together. BC is available the weekend we are going but at about $400/nt per family, we will pay a third of that staying off property, and I would rather use the money at F&W

Kids are back to school. Yesterday was a great day and today was good with one little hiccup, but I'll take it compared to the end of last year. I spent yesterday and today catching up on "me" things, breakfast with a friend, Target ALONE, today my got my hair straightened.....all those things that have been waiting for months and months, LOL!

Oh and I agree with the FB comments, just create some fake name accounts and log on with us

I'll be watching all those August trips for next year, as I am sure there will be lots of ch-ch-changing!!!

HUGS all around!
Melissa
Hi Melissa! Glad u have a wee bit more time to yourself. It is very important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
YES! YES you do my friend -- we need you to join us in FB land would love to see you over our way

Dani: I love being able to keep connected on FB, since I'm there EVERY day, compared to when I can jump on over here , LOL
Glad to hear you got some help with Danimal, I hope his meds and new counselling are just the ticket to some comfort and peace for both him and you! You did the right thing cancelling your trip for a less stressful time, I am sure the time will fly, and you'll be back to WDW again before you know it! Hey, my trip seems to be forever too! looking like Oct 2014/ or Jan/Feb 2015 -- all depending on when/if Andrew gets into the military this spring. He's in grade 12 this yr. and we'll start the recruiting process around Feb/March, hoping it all goes smoothly for him!
So -- it's a waiting game, plus trying to save the money we need is no small task either! we shall see what next yr. brings. Keep strong Dani, you are a wonderful mom, and I know things will work out for you
Marie: I hope it all falls into place for your DS, when I was younger I almost joined the military too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Even the DH is finally happy about our stay at the AKL since we are getting to try the bands. Hopefully, they will be rolled out by your trip, or at least your resort will be a test resort.



I know!!! It can't come soon enough, so this Summer-of-Endless-Cowpattiness (cow patty was the only way substitute for the word I wanted to use) will be over. Now the DH has to replace two tires, one of it has the metal coming out the side, tomorrow and the inspection (or maybe it's the tags) are due by the end of this month on his work car.
Wookie: thanks for that picture of the bands! They look super cute with your names too!

Typing on iPad, no fun! Sorry for the short responses. The DD's are at day camp this week, and they are exhausted! DD4 was having such a meltdown over some crackers I had a hard time not laughing out loud at her! Too funny.

Jen
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: