Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #2761
DISNEYGAMMIE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Don't overthink it, just ask for any corner room as near as possible to the pool and the lobby. If you start asking for particular room numbers, you might be out of luck and find it's already occupied (or maybe even out of use).

Andre
Thank you Andre, I faxed using the GotFreeFax website and am now wondering if anyone got it at the resort. I've never used that service before.
Is that the one everyone was using successfully?

I did as you said and kindly requested early check in to get the most of the day for my Granddaughter's 10th birthday trip on the first floor, corner room with 2 windows, close to pool and lobby if possible. And that I paid for a Royal room, garden view.
I just hope they do get the fax as you have noted they don't always confirm by e-mail.

Thanks again for your help
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #2762
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Andre, what building number is the one that you can see behind the Ol Man pool?
Magnolia Terrace, that's where our room was in fact.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #2763
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
1. Rooms close by (not necessary to be connecting or adjoining; same bld, same floor, same general area)
2. Mansion building
3. 1st floor (due to mobility issues; may have a scooter)
Possibly a 4th, but this may not make sense if requesting the mansions
4. Close to food court (again due to mobility issues)
Sounds fine to me, send your request about 5 days before the start of the first booking (which should already be linked anyway). "Same floor/general nearby area" is what Disney regards as "adjoining" anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
I did as you said and kindly requested early check in to get the most of the day for my Granddaughter's 10th birthday trip on the first floor, corner room with 2 windows, close to pool and lobby if possible.
Asking for particular features and then asking for early check-in are not always very compatible concepts - early check-in tends to mean getting any room that has been vacated early and is clean and ready for you (unless they can find one that was empty the day before, anyway) which may limit the available feature choices. You are more likely to get location requests if you don't particularly mind when you get access to the room.

You should have received a confirmation report that the fax has been delivered I would have thought?

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #2764
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds fine to me, send your request about 5 days before the start of the first booking (which should already be linked anyway). "Same floor/general nearby area" is what Disney regards as "adjoining" anyway.

Andre
Thanks!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #2765
ALD85
DIS Veteran

During online check in, is there an option to select or a way to note you'll be arriving early (day of check in)?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #2766
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Magnolia Terrace, that's where our room was in fact.

Andre
Well that seems like a great place for a room!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #2767
delgrec
Mouseketeer

We leave POR tomorrow and I just wanted to check in and say how much I have fallen in love with this resort. It is so beautiful. Our room is in Magnolia Terrace and it is so convenient to everything. Busses have been touch and go but I really think it has just been bad luck. It seems everywhere we are headed, several other buses from all three other parks come and go before ours shows up. But again, just bad luck because there is a constant stream of busses. Spending the morning at the pool and then hoop de doo and Magic Kingdom tonight.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #2768
tkbbmom
Mouseketeer

Not arriving until Nov. -- but reading through the last few days activity in this thread leaves me w/ a few questions.

It seems that we'll likely have the bands -- so I'm guessing that I should call Disney and see if they can fix our MyDisneyExperience since it has members of our party having multiple 10 day PH/WP tickets and still has our oldest ds that isn't going listed. Do we then get an e-mail to do the MagicBands closer to our leave date?

What if we had wanted to pick up tickets a day early since we'll be at AOA our first day - can we still use the MagicBands or will that not be an option?

With the new RFID cups -- can you mix drinks at one time or am I understanding that once you stop filling it you can't get more for 3 minutes? My youngest ds normally puts every single type in his cup at once -- I know gross and disgusting but he's ADHD/OCD/SPD and it's his routine --- so I need to begin now preparing him if that won't be an option.

We have two royal rooms at POR, my TA requested one refrigerator for medical needs, do I need to note that as well when I do on-line check-in?

How is the food-court at POR w/ noting allergy info? In particular nuts.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #2769
Kalea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
During online check in, is there an option to select or a way to note you'll be arriving early (day of check in)?
Yes! I just did our online checkin today, and it asked for the times we would be arriving and departing.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #2770
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post

Yes! I just did our online checkin today, and it asked for the times we would be arriving and departing.
Good to know, thanks!!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #2771
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Yes, you enter your estimated arrival time as part of the online checkin process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Well that seems like a great place for a room!
It was, did you watch the webcam I streamed of the view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbbmom View Post
Not arriving until Nov. -- but reading through the last few days activity in this thread leaves me w/ a few questions.
I wouldn't worry too much about your MDX account as yet, there's a lot of testing between now and November. But if it's still an issue closer to the time, get in touch with them.

I doubt you'll be able to get a Magic Band set up for early ticket-only use, but you never know.

You can mix drinks with the Rapid Fill system, it knows if you've stopped the flow and thus only used half of your fill capacity in the first go.

In Nov, hopefully fridges will no longer be an issue.

The food court should indeed be able to help you with alergy-related issues. Best to contact them a few days in advance with your needs though.

Andre

Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #2772
gmedolphin
Earning My Ears

MagicBands

Our MagicBands just arrived, we check into POR on Sept. 15... 25 days and counting.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #2773
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=andrewilley;49337348

It was, did you watch the webcam I streamed of the view?

Andre[/QUOTE]

No I didn't! It was probably while I was avoiding this thread because I didn't think we were going to be staying here after all!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #2774
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
I did online check in Wednesday, FP+'s completed on Thursday and did the Magic Bands on Friday. I expected Mickey mail today (and it was right on time, so to speak), since today is 17 days prior to check in Sept 5th.

As of right now my magic bands say they are shipping soon. I have heard that they may arrive about the same time that changes! I should get them in one or two days. I will report immediately!

Tick, tick, tick...

5:15am this morning received the shipping email! (I was not sitting up all night waiting for it, honest!) When I checked, MDE in the Magic Bands area says simply, "Shipped to TIMOTHY WILLIAMS."

Now I'll see how long it takes. (Yawn)
9:14am delivered by UPS!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #2775
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
9:14am delivered by UPS!
How exciting! Did the Magic Band box arrive in plain brown package, or was your address slapped on the side? My MBs haven't shipped yet, but I am curious as our kiddos still don't know about our trip next month and that fancy-pants box right there might be a dead give-away!

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: