Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
mommame2
Earning My Ears

In room celebrations

Has anyone had in room celebrations performed by someone other than disney florist. If so who?

If you have used disney florist for grand welcome, was it worth the money?
mommame2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
jadelane1
Mouseketeer

I was looking into that and doing some research and found gifts of a lifetime. They do that sort of thing too but seemed a little pricey compared to disney florist. I think after researching both that I'm going to do it myself and just have a gift basket delivered for the kids instead. Good luck
jadelane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

we did the grand welcome and it was awesome. so cool to see the little guys face wish we videotaped it

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
mommame2
Earning My Ears

I have a 3 and 10 yr old. How old was your child?
mommame2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommame2 View Post
I have a 3 and 10 yr old. How old was your child?
he was 3. i have some pictures i will share...not that great.... phone pictures.

there are better ones on the site actually and there is another banner on the balcony door. a Tinkerbell shadow on the mirror and a bunch of footprints around. he really thinks mickey did it.

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)

Last edited by jcjen519; 08-18-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I was looking at this as well. In the past I have always used memories by betsy for the kids baskets and they have been happy. Since I would need 2 I think the Grand Welcome is out of my price range

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I was looking at this as well. In the past I have always used memories by betsy for the kids baskets and they have been happy. Since I would need 2 I think the Grand Welcome is out of my price range
just so you know they will work with you to adjust whats in the package to accommodate two. like....two mickeys or two Minnie instead of one of each....add an extra autograph book....substitute things.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have done Memories by Betsy gift baskets, Disney Florist in room celebrations and gift baskets and I did have a custom event done by Gifts of a Lifetime (not room decorating).

GoaL does custom work so I would expect to pay more. Disney Florist does a great job and although they will work with you to switch a few things out, you aren't going to get a custom package--they are limited to using the items that they have been authorized to use.

Memories by Betsy is nice enough but it's not at the level of either Disney Florist or Gifts of a Lifetime. However, prices are much less.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I have done Memories by Betsy gift baskets, Disney Florist in room celebrations and gift baskets and I did have a custom event done by Gifts of a Lifetime (not room decorating).

GoaL does custom work so I would expect to pay more. Disney Florist does a great job and although they will work with you to switch a few things out, you aren't going to get a custom package--they are limited to using the items that they have been authorized to use.

Memories by Betsy is nice enough but it's not at the level of either Disney Florist or Gifts of a Lifetime. However, prices are much less.
true and you can get an idea of what those items are by checking out the website. i think if you can get it on the website in some capacity then its available.

also...had not heard of memories by betty. great savings it looks like.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Betsy will customize also whatever you want , FYI . I never looked at gol

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Here's my experience - I am ordering for the first time from Disney Florist. This is my first trip to WDW so I cannot offer any advice about the other vendors.

I placed two separate orders with Disney Florist and both are surprise gift baskets for my DH. The first item, ordered 2 weeks ago from the old website, is a customized version of "Mickey, Minnie, & Me" which was geared toward children. The "Dream Maker" took out the crayons, changed the mouse ears from a child size to an adult, and added in an extra set of mouse ears for myself.

Disney Florist released their new (better!) website last week and I customized an Anniversary basket for DH. This time, I built a basket using their Custom Gift Builder but I added some items on that are normally only available with specific in-room celebrations. Again, the Dream Maker was very accomodating.

Both baskets are scheduled to be in our room on arrival day after we return from MK.

If you see a celebration that needs a little tweaking, I would recommend calling them and asking. It can't hurt!
kimmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
trainingupmy4princes
Mouseketeer

Has anyone done the royal princess child? I was trying to find what was in this celebration but it doesn't list everything like some of the other celebrations?

DL: 2005 Aug. DS's 1st (offsite), 2005 (offsite), 2006 July (offsite)
WDW: 2002 May(offsite), 2006 Oct. Free Dining and MNSSHP(POR),2007 our anniversaryand MVMCP(BC&WL), 2008 Sept. My birthday trip with sisters (ASSP), 2009 Sept. Free Dining with oldest DS Birthday and MNSSHP(CBR Pirate room),2013 Oct. DD's 3rd Birthday Princess Trip with BBB and MNSSHP (CBR)
trainingupmy4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
White Rose
Mouseketeer

I am surprising my hubby with two different items...one is the Hero Medal. They are dropping it off at the resturant we are eating at, on our first night.

really looking forward to my hubby's reaction!!
10/11/15 - 10/16/15 Adult Exclusive ABD Southern California
Past Trips:
2013: Poly, Platinum Plan, 10th Anniversary, Disney Dream
2008: Poly, Platinum Plan 5th anniversary
2003: AKL. Platinum Plan Honeymoon (Grand Marshals: HS Stars and Cars Parade) <picture below>
http://loonbeam.smugmug.com/Travel/2...on/i-pccprjq/A
1999: POFQ
1992: Swan
1986: CR
1980: Golf Resort / Disney Inn (Now Shades of Green)
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Betsy will customize also whatever you want , FYI . I never looked at gol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: