Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #1951
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Could not resist. I had to book 3 nts at the GF. I decided to still keep that first night at YC so that we can do F&W all day Thursday and then Friday early afternoon before heading over to the GF. All of my many other ressies have officially been canceled.

I'm so excited!!!

trish - Hoping your anniversary redo is

wookie - I like the change in plans. Although I'm not the biggest DTD fan, so take that for what it's worth

Grumpy Grandma - The FP business is so screwy right now. By the time we got to AKV we could pull FP using our APs plus our KTTW from Poly, BC and AKV all at the same time.

We didn't abuse it too much since we couldn't actually move quickly enough to use up that many FP's anyway.

I was trying to picture you pulling FPs for all (is it 6 resorts now???) of your KTTW at a time.
No it's only 5 resorts. I won't be able to do anything else but pull FPs! I'll never have time to use them .... just pull them!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #1952
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
No it's only 5 resorts. I won't be able to do anything else but pull FPs! I'll never have time to use them .... just pull them!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #1953
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
wookie - I like the change in plans. Although I'm not the biggest DTD fan, so take that for what it's worth
If we were at WDW longer, I would mind spending a night at DTD. It just takes so much park time away. Plus I really want to enjoy our resort this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
I have to tell you all that I just got a text message from my DSis, not 5 minutes ago, that said "I think we should do Grand Floridian."

Cracks me up that I created this Resort Changing habit in her too!!

Thanks! And we've discussed it, but it seems like it would be an issue if we do the dining plan, and now that they have these new RFID mugs...I'm just not sure. I've priced a couple of options but haven't found any that really work for us. Maybe I'll keep trying.

We had thought about doing a split stay for our trip to save enough money on the first part, to be able to upgrade to a savanna view at the AKL. The one thing that stopped us was the dining plan. Since they see each resort as a separate ressie, we would have had to had park tickets on both the AKL and CSR. Once we had to do that, it didn't give us any savings really.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #1954
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I've been MIA since about 2 months ago. Things are crazy around here...Daniel has a new therapist and psychiatrist and is on a new course of meds. In the meantime I have cancelled for October. We will postpone until next year when he is better stabilized and I don't have to worry so much about his outbursts. I'm looking at August next year. Still a year away.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #1955
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been MIA since about 2 months ago. Things are crazy around here...Daniel has a new therapist and psychiatrist and is on a new course of meds. In the meantime I have cancelled for October. We will postpone until next year when he is better stabilized and I don't have to worry so much about his outbursts. I'm looking at August next year. Still a year away.
Oh Dani! Sorry to hear your hands have been full. Also, cancelling, that is too bad, but it sounds like you are working on more important things with your DS. HUGS to you, and glad to hear from you. Are you still doing the TA thing? How is Lily?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #1956
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We sure have been missing you around here!!! Hugs to you and the kiddos!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #1957
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh Dani! Sorry to hear your hands have been full. Also, cancelling, that is too bad, but it sounds like you are working on more important things with your DS. HUGS to you, and glad to hear from you. Are you still doing the TA thing? How is Lily?
I would much rather have him on the right track than to go back before he's ready and have a repeat of our June trip. What a nightmare.

Still doing the TA thing, and just signed on to sell even more destinations with other vendors! I am looking forward to a possible cruise on Princess or Norwegian next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
We sure have been missing you around here!!! Hugs to you and the kiddos!
You see me all the time on FB though! lol
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1958
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like a good option to move your trip. You will enjoy it more if actually relaxing instead of stressing. Time will fly and your trip will be here before you know it.

Some people only ever go once, can you imagine???

This gives you more time to save up and possibly more options?

Also magic bands issues may be fixed by then too

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #1959
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You see me all the time on FB though! lol
I seriously have to get with it....and get on FB!!

Glad to hear the TA is going well, and yes, getting family things straightened out comes first.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #1960
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Dani! I was just thinking about you earlier today and almost posted a where's Dani? question.

Sorry about Daniel My DS7 just got his Dx earlier this year and things have been a MESS with him. It can be so frustrating trying to get everything under control. Luckily he does really well traveling, but home is a whole 'nother story though

Sorry about your trip too, but at least you have lots of time to plan and save!

Don't forget to take care of yourself too, ok?
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #1961
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

DH just gave the go-ahead that if we can get X-mas presents kick started now, and get the bulk done, why don't we do CL at the BWI in November?

I knew I created a monster. But it was so nice... HELP!!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #1962
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH just gave the go-ahead that if we can get X-mas presents kick started now, and get the bulk done, why don't we do CL at the BWI in November?

I knew I created a monster. But it was so nice... HELP!!
I loved BWI CL! Do it!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #1963
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I loved BWI CL! Do it!
So you recommend it? I really think for the ease of what it provided us at BC (food, convenience, a feeling of homeyness) it was worth it for us. Is it true that all of the CL rooms at BWI are boardwalk view? EDITED: Nevermind, I see not all standard rooms CL face boardwalk, some are GV or PV . But still...Talk me into this!!

Last edited by jennyjinx3; 08-19-2013 at 10:30 PM.
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #1964
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

We had thought about doing a split stay for our trip to save enough money on the first part, to be able to upgrade to a savanna view at the AKL. The one thing that stopped us was the dining plan. Since they see each resort as a separate ressie, we would have had to had park tickets on both the AKL and CSR. Once we had to do that, it didn't give us any savings really.
That's what I've found when working out the cost. I even thought maybe two nights at one without dining, but it still didn't save much. I am back to looking at my hat full of slips of paper. Maybe I'll just draw one and let fate decide!
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #1965
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you recommend it? I really think for the ease of what it provided us at BC (food, convenience, a feeling of homeyness) it was worth it for us. Is it true that all of the CL rooms at BWI are boardwalk view? EDITED: Nevermind, I see not all standard rooms CL face boardwalk, some are GV or PV . But still...Talk me into this!!
I think if you liked BC CL you will love BWI CL.

The CMs are super nice, the lounge is fairly large and well appointed, and the offerings are pretty good. The convenience factor is the best part for me. No walking down to the boardwalk just for a mug refill or whatever.

It is nice that you can get a BW view, but we had a GV that had a view that we loved of Spaceship Earth, the Eiffel Tower and Illuminations!

Now I'm wishing BWI was available for my dates.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: