Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #136
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68 View Post
We just checked in to Pop today. Fridge off with note on it, so no fridge. I asked about a credit and was told I could have one. I was also told I could put any cold items in their fridge at the front desk if I needed to.
I have gotten ice at the machine for our cooler twice so far and there seems to be plenty.
We checked into Pop today. I was told I could not have a credit if it wasn't a medical necessity. I told them I booked this package a year ago with a fridge and we were staying for 13 days and Garden Grocer was delivering today. They told me I could use the fridge at the front desk. I finally asked to speak to the manager and finally got my credit, but I had to work for it.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #137
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any recent experience at ASMovies? I checked the first post, no info on that resort there.

My mom & sis check in next week and she's curious to know. TIA!

Me - DBF -

Last edited by AngieMouse86; 08-19-2013 at 01:46 AM.
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #138
RookieLady
Mouseketeer

Fresh back from the Boardwalk. We had one in a Garden Suite last week.
RookieLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #139
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
We checked into Pop today. I was told I could not have a credit if it wasn't a medical necessity. I told them I booked this package a year ago with a fridge and we were staying for 13 days and Garden Grocer was delivering today. They told me I could use the fridge at the front desk. I finally asked to speak to the manager and finally got my credit, but I had to work for it.
Seriously? They expect people to walk to the front desk when they want a something from their fridge? The whole reason I buy things to keep in the fridge is so that I don't have to walk to the lobby/food court.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #140
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

We are here at Yacht club & happy to report we have a fridge.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #141
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
EXCUSE ME???? They wanted you to leave your food at the front desk fridge!? I think not!! Were they serious? Sorry but thats disgusting. I would never! how do I know what the staff are doing to my food when im not there? So lets say i wanted milk for my cereal, i'd have to come up to the front desk to get it? Wow!! just wow. Im guessing the CM you spoke with was either new, or severely misinformed.

Here's another question. Are they offering this to everyone at pop? Cause if so, that must be one massive fridge!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #142
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
EXCUSE ME???? They wanted you to leave your food at the front desk fridge!? I think not!! Were they serious? Sorry but thats disgusting. I would never! how do I know what the staff are doing to my food when im not there? So lets say i wanted milk for my cereal, i'd have to come up to the front desk to get it? Wow!! just wow. Im guessing the CM you spoke with was either new, or severely misinformed.

Here's another question. Are they offering this to everyone at pop? Cause if so, that must be one massive fridge!
Its actually a large-ish walk-in cooler in Bell services, the same place they'll hold your GG/WGS orders if you aren't in your room when they arrive. I would suspect the area is under video surveillance, and I doubt any Bell Services or Front Desk CM would be willing to risk their job by tampering with your food just like they wouldn't risk their job going through your luggage that you have held at Bell Services or delivered by DME.

Yes, if you wanted to retrieve milk for cereal in the morning, you would have to go to the Bell Services counter outside the main building, have them bring you your milk, use it, and have them put it back for you if you didn't use the whole container. The point of the $15 per night room credit is to offset the cost of you going to the pre-pack section in Everything Pop and getting a single-serve milk, snack, or other beverage that you would have otherwise bought in advance and stored in the fridge you expected to be there. Of course you could just apply that credit to souvenirs and food throughout your trip and use the money saved to buy a fridge (an 8-night stay's worth of credits would buy a 4.6 cubic foot fridge/freezer from walmart.com including tax with free shipping) then just sell or even give away the fridge if you don't want to ship/take it home.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #143
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when refrigerators will be put back in at All Star Music? We are checking in November 10th. I am hoping for a fridge.

JUNE 2010- POFQ NOVEMBER 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC Septmber 2015- Caribbean Beach Resort

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #144
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDan523 View Post

Its actually a large-ish walk-in cooler in Bell services, the same place they'll hold your GG/WGS orders if you aren't in your room when they arrive. I would suspect the area is under video surveillance, and I doubt any Bell Services or Front Desk CM would be willing to risk their job by tampering with your food just like they wouldn't risk their job going through your luggage that you have held at Bell Services or delivered by DME.

Yes, if you wanted to retrieve milk for cereal in the morning, you would have to go to the Bell Services counter outside the main building, have them bring you your milk, use it, and have them put it back for you if you didn't use the whole container. The point of the $15 per night room credit is to offset the cost of you going to the pre-pack section in Everything Pop and getting a single-serve milk, snack, or other beverage that you would have otherwise bought in advance and stored in the fridge you expected to be there. Of course you could just apply that credit to souvenirs and food throughout your trip and use the money saved to buy a fridge (an 8-night stay's worth of credits would buy a 4.6 cubic foot fridge/freezer from walmart.com including tax with free shipping) then just sell or even give away the fridge if you don't want to ship/take it home.
Exactly what we're going to do... Need a small fridge for out pop up... Opportune time to get one ... Walmart.... We will have a car and "will" pick one up if not furnished.... will demand fridge credit... Have had a fridge for 49 trips....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #145
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post

Exactly what we're going to do... Need a small fridge for out pop up... Opportune time to get one ... Walmart.... We will have a car and "will" pick one up if not furnished.... will demand fridge credit... Have had a fridge for 49 trips....
Wow 49 trips that's a lot. How can I become a part of the family. :rofl: Have they all been at POP because POP just installed fridges in 2012. And seriously how do I become a part of the family to go with you. My DH is making us wait a couple years after this trip to go again.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #146
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post

Yes, when we checked in to Music Aug. 4 I asked about the fridge and the cm tried to sell me on leaving the food at the front. When I told her that the whole purpose was to avoid the walk back and forth she told me I could buy a small cooler at the gift shop for $6.95. I finally asked for the credit and she replied cheerfully that we could have one if we wanted it. Um, yes!
They will try anything to accommodate you other than offering the credit unless asked for.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #147
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would post for everyone's info. that since our trip is paid for in full before we arrive and we never leave credit card info. for room charging I asked for a gift card for the fridge credit. I was told that I would have to buy one myself and was given the credit in cash instead.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #148
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

Well, we check in at AS Movies tomorrow and we will pass along word. I am a Type 1 diabetic and have called twice in the past 2 weeks to request a fridge. I was told no problem both times. Fingers are crossed.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES
vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #149
Tink313
Mouseketeer

So whats considered a medical condition. My mom has alot of medications and most of them say must take with food. We need a fridge. Going back and forth is not really an option. If we cant get a fridge at sports will they give us a credit?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #150
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Just got to Pop today. We are in the 60s section. The fridge is physically in the room but it is unplugged and has a note on it saying not to use it because of the recent difficulties.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: