Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
emmakatbaby
Proudmomof3
 
emmakatbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south Louisiana
Posts: 199

Roll away beds?

We are staying at Pop Century soon and my 2 teen sons are not exactly thrilled about sharing a bed ( they both sleep in queen beds at home). Does anyone know if Pop has roll away beds for guests to use or if they would allow us to bring an air mattress for one of them to sleep on? Thanks!!
__________________
A family who LOVES everything Disney
DH Me DS 16 DS 12 DD 8
emmakatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran
 
GaSleepingBeautyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,343

Most of the resorts don't have any rollaway beds anymore and don't allow them. I think Pop is one of them.

But you can bring an air mattress and use that - I wouldn't get anything bigger than a twin one though - there isn't alot of extra space in the value resort rooms.
__________________
Me DD14 DS18 DH Lola Rocky

Connie

WDW: 15 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: AKL, BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
mom to minnie&mickey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 493

We just returned from an 11 night stay at Music and saw many rollaway beds
being brought to rooms or being taken away. They were the size of about a twin bed folded in the middle with wheels. I would phone Pop to confirm if they have them there.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
archrd
Mouseketeer
 
archrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 85

I have asked the chat support several times about roll away beds and they always say no as it is against fire codes. I have even brought up that I have seen huge storage rooms full of the in the 50's section at the Pop and hey still say thy don't allow them. I am travelling with my two adult brothers and we would love to stay at a moderate but because they don't have cots available it is costing us more to stay in either 2 value rooms or a family suite at the ASMu resort with quick service dining rather than at a moderate with DDP. We have looked at staying deluxe with the daybed but that is out of our price range for a 17 night trip.
archrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrd View Post
I have asked the chat support several times about roll away beds and they always say no as it is against fire codes. I have even brought up that I have seen huge storage rooms full of the in the 50's section at the Pop and hey still say thy don't allow them. I am travelling with my two adult brothers and we would love to stay at a moderate but because they don't have cots available it is costing us more to stay in either 2 value rooms or a family suite at the ASMu resort with quick service dining rather than at a moderate with DDP. We have looked at staying deluxe with the daybed but that is out of our price range for a 17 night trip.
The rollaway beds would be against fire codes if you used them for more people than the room allows. The fire codes don't take space in the room into account. Just the number of people in each room, the width of stairs and corridors and how quickly people can evacuate in an emergency.

If they do have rollaways, you should be able to get one since you are not exceeding room occupancy.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
sturowski
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 144

We have had roll aways at the pops and coronado, but we did not exceed the room occupancy.. The boys did not want to all share a bed, lol...
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran
 
momtwoboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,960

we also had a rollaway bed at POP this past April. Family of 4 here.
__________________
: me (42)
DH (43)
DS (15)
DS (13)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,446

Are they available at OKV or BWV? Tks!
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Are they available at OKV or BWV? Tks!
Nope, no DVC resort will provide rollaways or cots. You have to bring your own airbed (and bedding) if you need additional sleeping spaces without going over occupancy.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 5,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The rollaway beds would be against fire codes if you used them for more people than the room allows. The fire codes don't take space in the room into account. Just the number of people in each room, the width of stairs and corridors and how quickly people can evacuate in an emergency.

If they do have rollaways, you should be able to get one since you are not exceeding room occupancy.
Not always true - certain room configurations would prevent easy exit in event of an emergency and therefore rollaways would not be permitted in these rooms, no matter the number of occupants.

You can certainly ask for a rollaway but I would double check to see if there is a cost. In a resort I used to work at (not Disney), it was $15/night for a rollaway. Might be easier to bring an air mattress so then you can move it out of the way during the day too.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
emmakatbaby
Proudmomof3
 
emmakatbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south Louisiana
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturowski View Post
We have had roll aways at the pops and coronado, but we did not exceed the room occupancy.. The boys did not want to all share a bed, lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
we also had a rollaway bed at POP this past April. Family of 4 here.

Thanks for all of the replys everyone!! I really appreciate it.

Sturowski or momtwoboys-- do you remember what the charge was per night? We have the same problem-- they really just don't want to share a bed. My oldest is over 6 feel tall and likes to sleep "curled" up which doesn't leave much room in a double bed
__________________
A family who LOVES everything Disney
DH Me DS 16 DS 12 DD 8
emmakatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 6,538

We travel with an Aerobed so our teens don't have to share a bed.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
emmakatbaby
Proudmomof3
 
emmakatbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south Louisiana
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
We travel with an Aerobed so our teens don't have to share a bed.
Do you have trouble with security at airlines? Such as the pump for the bed? or with it making your luggage over the weight limits?
__________________
A family who LOVES everything Disney
DH Me DS 16 DS 12 DD 8
emmakatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Nope, no DVC resort will provide rollaways or cots. You have to bring your own airbed (and bedding) if you need additional sleeping spaces without going over occupancy.
Thanks for the reply! We are a family of 4 so we are not over occupancy but we have a DD and a DS. We may take an air bed
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
njsmama
Mouseketeer
 
njsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 128

We took an air mattress for our son when we stayed at Pop. It was a twin and it barely fit, so don't get a larger one! I don't think any of the WDW resorts offer a roll away any more. Have a great time!
__________________
njsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.