Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #2716
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
Andre, just wondering if you knew if the new mugs were the same size as the old ones, specifically, the lids?
Yes, they do seem to be.

The RFID chipped ones that they were selling last week did not have the "Rapid Fill" logo on the side, which seemed odd as the All Star ones currently have a large logo on them. I expect that will change.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #2717
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

I'm back!!!! For FD I was only able to get CSR for our Nov trip. I was so bummed and tried to get excited about it. Well I kept checking the website and POR finally had availability for our dates! After 75 minutes on the phone we have POR with FD!!! I'm SO excited!!! Now to catch up on what I have missed here since Aug 1. I see a lot of Magic bands talk. I need to figure all that out
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #2718
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

If I remember correctly there is just one and it is on Ol' Man Island.
I only saw one in April & it was always full with adults & kids. That was the only downside to our entire trip. We used the quiet pool by our room instead since it was nice & empty although after a day in the parks a soak in the hot tub would hv felt great.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #2719
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
I only saw one in April & it was always full with adults & kids. That was the only downside to our entire trip. We used the quiet pool by our room instead since it was nice & empty although after a day in the parks a soak in the hot tub would hv felt great.
Yeah we have thought the same as well. But when we went it was full of teens, literally over crowded in the hot tub. It was nuts, so we also favored the Quiet Pools.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #2720
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
I'm back!!!! For FD I was only able to get CSR for our Nov trip. I was so bummed and tried to get excited about it. Well I kept checking the website and POR finally had availability for our dates! After 75 minutes on the phone we have POR with FD!!! I'm SO excited!!! Now to catch up on what I have missed here since Aug 1. I see a lot of Magic bands talk. I need to figure all that out
Congrats!! Same thing happened with us. Staying 11/16-11/24...just got into POR with FD last week! Super excited . Happy it worked out for you!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #2721
tigerfan2012
Mouseketeer

So is POR Riverside taking part in Fastpass+ testing in Sept or something? I can now choose fastpass options during my stay Sept 26th-29th. I didnt have this ability before. Does that mean we get magic bands too?

Also I see where my son who is 18 months doesnt have an option for fastpass Im guessing we just bring him with us and he doesnt need a FP right?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #2722
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I was just messing about with some of the images I shot a few days ago... this is just a really quick-and-nasty stitch based on the low-rez JPEG backup files straight from the camera, but I think once I colour-correct it from the full resolution images (and erase the sky-writing!) it won't look too shabby...

http://www.portorleans.org/temp/IMG_..._2724_temp.swf

(sorry iDevice people, it's FlashPlayer only for now)

Andre
Andre, this is excellent. Love your room panoramas and can't wait to see more like these of the resorts. Well done!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #2723
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2012 View Post
So is POR Riverside taking part in Fastpass+ testing in Sept or something? I can now choose fastpass options during my stay Sept 26th-29th. I didnt have this ability before. Does that mean we get magic bands too?
Please read back through the last four days of posts on this thread. POR will begin Magic Band / FP+ testing on 3rd Sept. There is some talk about problems with FP+ bookings after 28 Sept - were you able to book any for 29th Sept?

Anyone under three (who does not need a ticket) should be able to accompany their parents into FP+ rides I assume.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #2724
DISNEYGAMMIE
Mouseketeer

Good morning! Putting in my room request fax this morning for Friday arrival.

We have a Royal room garden view reserved, what would be the best corner room request to be near the pool and the lobby?
I am looking at the map of rooms and there are so many

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #2725
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, your credits will be on your Magic Band. Your server will bring a small hand-held (iPod) device to your table, just tap your band against it and type in your PIN on the screen. Done!

Andre

Andre, when you do set up your pin number? When you order the bands or at check-in ?

Thanks!

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #2726
lazer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post

Andre, when you do set up your pin number? When you order the bands or at check-in ?

Thanks!
We set ours up when we ordered. I also read you can change the pin at check-in.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #2727
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Andre, this is excellent. Love your room panoramas and can't wait to see more like these of the resorts. Well done!
I agree!!!

Great work Andre! Something else wonderful for me to drool over until our vacation time

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #2728
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
We have a Royal room garden view reserved, what would be the best corner room request to be near the pool and the lobby?
Don't overthink it, just ask for any corner room as near as possible to the pool and the lobby. If you start asking for particular room numbers, you might be out of luck and find it's already occupied (or maybe even out of use).

Andre

Old 08-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #2729
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
Good morning! Putting in my room request fax this morning for Friday arrival.

I am looking at the map of rooms and there are so many

Thanks for your help!
Stack the deck in your favor. Do a bit of research about where your "good rooms" are, so you can word the request with the best possibility of getting what you want. Then, if you're assigned something you don't care for, you'll already know what you want, and how to ask for it. Follow the guidelines in Andre's excellent piece: http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Stupid Judy.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #2730
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
I shot a number of panoramas around Riverside while I was there, and also got one of the new POFQ lobby.

Here's one from the Riverside bridge between the main building and Ol' Man Island that I've just finished working on. I've created HQ versions too, plus Quicktime files for the Flash-challenged iPeople:

Flash: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.swf
Quicktime: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.mov
Flash HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.swf
Quicktime HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.mov

Andre

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: