Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #3451
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4mouse View Post
I feel like an idiot, but need help! Just arrived for Day 1 at the YC (love it!!!!) and cant find the safe in my room.... I have looked everywhere! Im assuming its in a very obvious spot and I've just missed it, but is anyone able to clye me in about where in the room i should look? Thanks!
I think it is in the closet about shoulder level, maybe.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #3452
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel like an idiot, but need help! Just arrived for Day 1 at the YC (love it!!!!) and cant find the safe in my room.... I have looked everywhere! Im assuming its in a very obvious spot and I've just missed it, but is anyone able to clye me in about where in the room i should look? Thanks!
BC here and had to call the concierge with the exact same question! In ours it is inside the closet, on the right, at the same level that the hangers are. In ours, the hangers were blocking it so we could not find it. It is completely flush with the wall. It has an old school key, which I think is insane. I have not seen that in years. Usually you can program your own code.

In our room when facing the closet, the room door is to the right. If yours is to the left, the safe may be on the opposite side.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #3453
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

YCFAN - so sorry for your loss
Feckless - ouch, you are not supposed to literally start a with "trip"
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #3454
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post

I think it's Lights, Motors, Action.
Ah! Thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #3455
DisneyFan714
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think it's Lights, Motors, Action.
Yes, lights, motors, action. I thought there may be a reserved section possibly but it is only a separate line that just merges under the stadium and then you just fend for yourself for general seating. Enjoyed the show but don't use a fastpass + for it.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #3456
DisneyFan714
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The safe is in the closet on one of the side walls inside.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #3457
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 225-231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
I wanted to know if YC had a pumpkin carving contest for the CMs? I had stayed at AoA last year in October & they had it there. It was so adorable & the pumpkins were really creative.

May I add you to the Be Our Guest list for October?

I have never heard of a pumpkin carving contest at the resort in October. That would be cool- I am always impressed with the creativity I see when people carve pumpkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
If you have a certificate, add it in under my disney experience as an older ticket purchased before February. It should have a second barcode number under the confirmation barcode that will work. That's what I did! Staying in the Beach Club in September! We have FP+ and MagicBands that should arrive tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but this is my first time staying at the Beach Club! Do the balcony doors not slide at the BC?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

Great question about the doors. I definitely had a door on our last trip and I could have sworn that the other two trips were sliding doors, so as another poster indicated, I think they have both. Can't believe that I don't remember definitively, will have to check my pictures!

BTW- I see in your signature you will be doing Hard Rock/cruise/BC. In July, my family did a Hard Rock/Beach Club split. I have a trip report in progress- I have a detailed Hard Rock update and I have just started on the studios theme park.

I am actually going to jump ahead and start the Beach Club/Disney part of the trip in the next day or two- I'll give everyone the bat signal when I have those updates posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplexdis View Post
4 weeks from today we will be staying at BC for the first time, and I can't wait. This was a last minute change from our regular family trip resort, the Poly, and I hope I made the right decision! Took me months to convince hubby to try it out, he loves being on the monorail.

Can anyone tell me what time they do the movie on the beach at BC? Thanks!!
The time for the movie can change every month. I usually receive the Activities schedule on the first or second day of the month, so check here on Sept 1 or 2.

Movie was at 8:30 pm in Sept 2012.

I have you added to the Be Our Guest list for Sept. Is your checkin date Sept 15?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #3458
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Morning Dee Loving the family photo. Love the sound of the sea so more than a wee bit jealous of you living so close to it lol

Quote:
Off topic: my 13 1/2 year old dog, Bubba, passed away today in his sleep. We'll miss him so much.
So sorry for your loss

Fecklessglad to hear you made it and are having fun (sorry you tripped though). Wish I was there too. Make sure you let us know when the TR starts so we can join in
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #3459
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Got some clarification on the new mugs.

There are indeed installed and they are selling them. It's not officially started yet though.

The prices listed before are correct. A chip is on the bottom on the mugs. If you purchase a one day mug at 9 PM Sunday night, it stops working in three hours. Midnight is the cut off time ... doesn't matter when you purchase them.

The "length of stay" mugs are really 14 day mugs. Let's say you check in today at the BC and purchase the length of stay mug. It's good at any Disney resort (and now they are saying only resorts, not water parks) for 14 days. So you can do split stays, you can go on a 3 day cruise and come back and for 14 days, your mug works. If your reservation is for 17 days, you bring the mug back to merchandise on the 14th day and they will reprogram it for the next 3 days. They can "read" the chip that is on the mugs so they can tell the day you purchased it, etc. As far as loosing one, you MUST show your receipt.

You cannot microwave these mugs. It fries the chip. If you bring it back to merchandise with a fried chip, then you are out of luck, receipt or not.

There is also a regular old cardboard cup that can be purchased for a few dollars. It is good for 2 hours and/or 4 refills. It also has a chip on it.

The dispensers only dispense 12 ounces at a time and once you use your mug for a fill-up, you cannot get another fill-up for 2-1/2 minutes.

Thank you so much for this info Teena!!!

I am updating the first post/first page of this thread daily with Rapid Refill Mug news as we receive it.

My questions/requests for info:

I am guessing that the stations are set up at both The Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's. Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone know if you will still be able to use the Ale & Compass for refills in the morning? That's not self-serve, is it?

Could someone who is there now please take a picture of the mug display and refill machines at both/all locations. No need to post until you return from your trip, I know it can be difficult to post pictures while away.

Would also appreciate confirmation of the beverages available: soda, lemonade, PowerAde?, Ice Tea flavors, hot tea, coffee. Are there any juices included?

Many thanks!

Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #3460
jrw118
Mouseketeer

2 more sleeps till we arrive at BC! Hope Monday and Tuesday go fast. Yesterday felt like a week.
Aug 23-Aug 29 2012 AKV Kidani Savanna
Aug 21- Aug 27 2013 Beach Club
Old 08-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #3461
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
page 225-231

May I add you to the Be Our Guest list for October?

I have never heard of a pumpkin carving contest at the resort in October. That would be cool- I am always impressed with the creativity I see when people carve pumpkins.
Yes you can add me to the list.

Oh it would be nice if they did. It was pretty cool seeing it at AoA. The pumpkins were set up in Landscape of Flavors & the guests were suppose to vote for their favorite. The winner was announced that weekend.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #3462
ocalla
DIS Veteran

YCFAN: so sorry for your loss.

Dee: great family pic!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 08-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #3463
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Off topic: my 13 1/2 year old dog, Bubba, passed away today in his sleep. We'll miss him so much.
My heart goes out to you. Our cat Grace had a situation last week that I thought was going to out her in medical danger, and for a day or so, I started thinking about life without her (she's only 7), And the thought was unbearable. I will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time, I'm sure Bubba knew how much he was loved, and I am so glad he was at least able to leave this world peacefully in his sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #3464
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan714 View Post

Yes, lights, motors, action. I thought there may be a reserved section possibly but it is only a separate line that just merges under the stadium and then you just fend for yourself for general seating. Enjoyed the show but don't use a fastpass + for it.
We have never seen that show but are hoping too this time. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #3465
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I haven't posted in ages but I have been lurking and catching up....I just wanted to share my excitement that I will be "unexpectedly" staying at the Beach Club on Friday night!! Here's the story:

We had originally booked a trip for this week on a bounce back from last summer's stay. Unfortunately, my son couldn't get the time off from work and my husband, who is self employed, wasn't sure about the dates as well. I was crushed, as planning and anticipating my WDW trips is a part of my life! My daughter, who is 20, wanted to do something "tropical", so, instead of going to Disney without them, we cancelled our trip and booked a cruise for just she and I which leaves Sunday from Miami. WELL...my brother, his wife and my nieces, ages 10 and 13, will be at the Beach Club this week before heading out on their Disney Cruise on Saturday. He suggested we fly into Orlando instead of Miami a couple of days early and surprise the girls...I thought about this a total of one second, hung up and booked the Beach Club! I was able to get a garden view room, which is all they had left, and they even gave me the discounted rate I booked my original reservation with - bonus!

I cannot tell you how excited I am. I LOVE LOVE the Beach Club. It is my "happy place", and even though we are only there for Friday night (we are driving to Miami Saturday afternoon, staying in South Beach, leaving for cruise Sunday) I will be in heaven. I am bummed out I don't get to stay club level - we have stayed there the past three trips - as I just love the CM's who work there, but it is sold out (at least for the discounted rate). We should arrive in Orlando Friday about 10:00, hoping to get the car and be at check-in by 11-11:30 latest. We can dump our bags, and head to the MK to surprise the girls at the castle - my brother has some big plan in place!

Anyway, just wanted to share in my excitement with people who "get it"!!
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005, 2014
Dolphin - 2013
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: