Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
cobright
DIS Veteran

Tipping the Front Desk Agent at Check In

I will apologize right up front for where this thread will eventually go. But this is a topic I haven't seen so much on Dis and I'm curious.

At check in pretty much anywhere I stay I pass the concierge/front-desk a $20 along with my credit card and let them know that if at all possible I would like a corner room and the same housekeeper for the duration of my stay. I won't go into the full extent of why on earth I make such a request, suffice it to say it is a mixture of practical concerns, convenience, and eccentricity.

In any case, my request is almost always declined on those occasions when there is not a gratuity offered. Politely, but... sorry nothing we can do... With that little extra to start the conversation it is rare that I am left wholly unsatisfied.

Disney Resorts are kind of a different breed though. We almost always stay at moderate resorts and the kid across the counter always has a very 'business NOT as usual' look on his face. And some of the less practical requests I have made have actually been turned down.

Anyway, does anyone else have any experience in this regard? Are Disney check-in agents more of a fast-food cashier than a front-desk manager?
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: