Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #1546
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun47 View Post
how does the resort bus service work or is it the normal disney bus that stops at all stops??
There is a bus stop at every village and one at OPR. Every bus stops at every one of them before heading to their destination.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #1547
Hokiesfan02
Earning My Ears

We have booked a room at CBR for our first family trip to WDW. Are there standard rooms in all buildings? For example, can I request any of the Martinique or Jamaica buildings? So far I have seen Jamaica 44/45 and Martinque 22/23/24/25 recommended. We are most concerned with main pool and bus stop.

Thanks for any guidance!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #1548
Tiggr924
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiesfan02 View Post
We have booked a room at CBR for our first family trip to WDW. Are there standard rooms in all buildings? For example, can I request any of the Martinique or Jamaica buildings? So far I have seen Jamaica 44/45 and Martinque 22/23/24/25 recommended. We are most concerned with main pool and bus stop.

Thanks for any guidance!
Martinique is mainly preferred rooms.. well 26, 25, and 24 are. Personally I think Jamaica 45 is closer than the other Martinique buildings. We also like Aruba 52. The last two times we've gone we requested Jamaica 45 and when we got there we were told there was no rooms available. As a result we end up in Aruba. So you can try to request a building but there is no guarantee.

1986 ~ Hotel Plaza 1988,1991,1993 off-site 1995,1997 ~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, 2009, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #1549
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post

Ooo, that is a great spot. Tell us how you like it. Is your room one of the mildly re-habbed rooms ?
When we visited CBR we fell in love with Jamaica village in particular. Must have been the colors, LOL ! Its seems very close to everything, and Jamaica pool/beach area seems great.
We reserved a waterfront room for october and requested Jamaica. Hopefully we will get 44 or 45 looking out over the pool / lake .
Have a good time !

Syndrome
It's been great so far! I love the location, so close to the bus stop!! Room has been cleaned really well every day. I'm not sure what the rooms looked like before but I don't think ours has been rehabbed at all.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #1550
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
It's been great so far! I love the location, so close to the bus stop!! Room has been cleaned really well every day. I'm not sure what the rooms looked like before but I don't think ours has been rehabbed at all.
From what I have seen the old rooms have full comforters vs. the new room rehab which has duvet style with runners at the end of the bed. That and new paint !
Glad to hear mousekeeping is doing a bang-up job !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 08-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #1551
Tiggr924
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

Quote:
From what I have seen the old rooms have full comforters vs. the new room rehab which has duvet style with runners at the end of the bed. That and new paint !
Glad to hear mousekeeping is doing a bang-up job !

Syndrome
Are they not making the change to queen beds with the new rehab? I think they're replacing all the furniture The pictures I've seen look great We were there in July and we didn't have a comforter or the new duvet... but the rooms weren't rehab yet.

1986 ~ Hotel Plaza 1988,1991,1993 off-site 1995,1997 ~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, 2009, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #1552
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Anyone know what time the Old Port Royale food court is open until at night ? We are coming in pretty late in October, around 11-11:30 PM and will likely be a little hungry whn we finally get to CBR. Will the food court be an option for us, or should we plan on something else.

Thanks,
Syndrome
It's open til 11pm
Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #1553
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggr924 View Post
Are they not making the change to queen beds with the new rehab? I think they're replacing all the furniture The pictures I've seen look great We were there in July and we didn't have a comforter or the new duvet... but the rooms weren't rehab yet.
The rehab with the queen beds, new furniture, etc doesn't start until April of next year.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #1554
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
The rehab with the queen beds, new furniture, etc doesn't start until April of next year.
But they are doing a small soft-goods rehab from what I have heard ??? I saw pictures somewhere of the "mildly" rehabed rooms where the double beds were still retained ???

Syndrome

Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #1555
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Here it is .............
Thanks to trishadono

I think this is the mild rehab going on now, before the major rehab next year ? Still doubles.

Syndrome

Old 08-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #1556
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Here it is .............
Thanks to trishadono

I think this is the mild rehab going on now, before the major rehab next year ? Still doubles.

Syndrome
Yes, that's why I said the one with queen beds, new furniture and such is starting next year in April. I know this is going on now.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #1557
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Yes, that's why I said the one with queen beds, new furniture and such is starting next year in April. I know this is going on now.
OK, thats what inquiring minds want to know, lol.

So they are indeed doing a mild rehab NOW, with soft goods and paint?

Next year they will be doing the more major rehab with furniture / queen beds ?

Kind of a strange way to rehab, maybe thats why it confusing for some uf us . Wondering what the time frame for completion is on the mild rehab ?

Back to the original question to Hanna. Was your room in Jamaica like the picture of the mild rehab?

Thanks !
Syndrome

Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #1558
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
OK, thats what inquiring minds want to know, lol.

So they are indeed doing a mild rehab NOW, with soft goods and paint?

Next year they will be doing the more major rehab with furniture / queen beds ?

Kind of a strange way to rehab, maybe thats why it confusing for some uf us . Wondering what the time frame for completion is on the mild rehab ?

Back to the original question to Hanna. Was your room in Jamaica like the picture of the mild rehab?

Thanks !
Syndrome
I do agree it's weird, since they are replacing all the double bedding, then going to have to replace it again for the queen beds next year. I'm sure it makes sense to someone though!

Old 08-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #1559
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
I do agree it's weird, since they are replacing all the double bedding, then going to have to replace it again for the queen beds next year. I'm sure it makes sense to someone though!
Hmmm, I think they are pullin a fast one on us. Looks to me like they just cut a few of the full size comforters up into "foot runners" at the end of the bed ! LOL

Syndrome

Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #1560
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm, I think they are pullin a fast one on us. Looks to me like they just cut a few of the full size comforters up into "foot runners" at the end of the bed ! LOL

Syndrome
I thought that but the runner was "thinner" than the comforter.(I stayed there last year so have had both rooms)

Also I borrowed dd refill mug and noticed CBR has "water" as an option where the sodas are. I am assuming it is filtered water. Had I known that I would have used that for my coffee maker in room instead of buying water.(found it last night of course)

I tipped the maid daily and was left lots of coffees, and soaps, shampoo etc.

For those you heading down there soon. We had a great time! Busses ran good. Not too crowded at pools/found a chair easily each day. We called bell services the day before departure for pickup of our luggage and us! That went smoothly too. This resort is too big to drag your own suitcases. I do it every where but here (unless Barbados).

Happy Planning, Trish
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: