Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Tiger
Earning My Ears

$15 refrigerator credit?

Checking into POR next week and understand we might not get a frig.
Will they really credit u $15 a night? Do u say something at checkin? Has anyone gotten it? Not gotten it?
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Will they really credit u $15 a night?
Yup.

Quote:
Do u say something at checkin?
I believe you will have to wait until you get to your room. I don't think the CMs at the Check In desk will know if your room has a fridge or not.

Quote:
Has anyone gotten it? Not gotten it?
Everyone I have seen post about it have gotten the credit once they asked for it. I have not seen one person say they did not get it. Disney announced the $15 credit so I can't see why they would refuse it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Tiger
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I've been reading all the refrigerator threads but was starting to get confused...
Was hoping for some current experiences too....
Old 08-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Leaving Saturday, staying at AoA in LM room. When I ask for the credit if no refridgerator will they put it back to the credit card or on my account for purchases?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramsr View Post
Leaving Saturday, staying at AoA in LM room. When I ask for the credit if no refridgerator will they put it back to the credit card or on my account for purchases?
i had a similiar question will they put it on my card that i payed the deposit or refund iton the many gift cards i used to pay for the trip with ?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if All Star Music will have refrigerators in middle of November around the 10th?

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
i had a similiar question will they put it on my card that i payed the deposit or refund iton the many gift cards i used to pay for the trip with ?
The credit is applied to your account (as in room keys) and If you have charging added to the room acct. then you just have a credit to use. At the end of the trip, any credit left on the account goes on the credit/debit card that was set up for charging on the room key. IF no charging was available then they will give you cash back. Anyways that is how it worked when we were there a couple weeks ago.

At POP we had a room only with no charging on the room keys. Therefore no CC was attached to the account. I had used disney GC's to pay for the room. I did have one of the disney GC's with me that I had used to pay for the room. However, at the end of the stay, I simply went up to 'check out' and there was a room credit of $30 on my room account. She handed me $30 cash and I was on my way!!

At POR we had a $60 credit for the fridge, we also had a credit from another problem that we had and so we ended up with a fairly large credit. We DID have charging priv. on that room key so we used most of the credit during our stay. At the end of the stay upon check out the credit was applied to the credit card that was used for the charging to the room.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

We returned a week ago and I knew about the credit, but I was never offered it. There were other circumstances involved, that we let the lack of refrigerator in our room go. We were at POFQ. I am fortunate enough to go again in September. Maybe I'll ask for it, if we don't have a fridge in our room.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
Tiger
Earning My Ears

Yeah I don't think they offer it...you have to ask. They probably don't even know what rooms have working refrigerators and what don't at this point of the mess.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Tiger
Earning My Ears

And my husband, the fireman, says the people that plug their non working refrigerators in and hope for the best are crazy! Hope we aren't staying in the same building of someone who decides to do that....
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
And my husband, the fireman, says the people that plug their non working refrigerators in and hope for the best are crazy! Hope we aren't staying in the same building of someone who decides to do that....
So true!

It seems that if you ask for it you will get it, but you do have to bring it up with them and you may need to request a manager in order to be successful. It seems like some people have been told its for people with medical needs only but asking for a manager or pressing on fixes that
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Does anyone know if All Star Music will have refrigerators in middle of November around the 10th?
The announcement was made on July 10 or 11 that it could take up to four months to replace all the potentially faulty refrigerators in all the resorts across the country (three states).

So, yes, there should be working refrigerators in all rooms by November 10.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #13
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Very easy for maintenance person who unplugged defective units to cut the plug off....then replugging in units is a moot point..

DIS Dads Club Member

Last edited by pepe of ohio; 08-20-2013 at 01:38 PM.
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
The announcement was made on July 10 or 11 that it could take up to four months to replace all the potentially faulty refrigerators in all the resorts across the country (three states).

So, yes, there should be working refrigerators in all rooms by November 10.
Thank you for the quick response! I am so glad we should have a refrigerator.

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
bdink921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
The credit is applied to your account (as in room keys) and If you have charging added to the room acct. then you just have a credit to use. At the end of the trip, any credit left on the account goes on the credit/debit card that was set up for charging on the room key. IF no charging was available then they will give you cash back. Anyways that is how it worked when we were there a couple weeks ago.
This worked the same for us too just this week. We received a credit and family traveling with us with no charge card attached to their reservation received cash back. The credit is not offered, you have to ask for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: