Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbin View Post
Soo.. You guys have been so great.. just a couple of questions.

IF we can't stay at Poly was thinking of one of the following.

1. Change back to family suite at AOA--> we just came back earlier this month from staying in a Nemo suite, I really enjoyed it, and it's a great resort. My only complaint was transportation. It took forever to get anywhere, and folding a double stroller to get on the bus at the end of the night to get back was a disaster. If we switched back, would end up renting a car and driving.

2.) Stay at a moderate: Looking at CBR pirate room which my boys would love, again I would rent a car as I have heard bad things about transportation from here as well.

3.) Beach Club-No car. The reason I wanted to switch to Poly was because we are spending 1/2 of our time at MK or Epcot, and the idea of having more dining options at the resort was attractive to me. I know that I read somewhere that Beach Club is a great location for those spending most of their time at MK and Epcot.

We know we wil be spending more time at the resort this time, so a great pool is important.

So hard to make these decisions without knowing which discounts are going to be available if at all...
1. I can't comment on AOA as we have never stayed there. We visited the resort on the weekend it opened. It just isn't our thing. We are a family of 4 so we don't need a suite. If I am going to spend that kind of $$$ for a room, we would much prefer to stay at a Deluxe.
2. We are considering a stay at CBR. The theming of the Pirate rooms look great! But they are sooo far away from the Food Court and Pool. If we do stay there, I will definitely book a preferred location for convenience sake.
3. Beach Club is also on our list - the location is fabulous for Epcot and DHS - but if I understand things correctly, it may not be the most convenient for MK - in order to take the monorail to MK you need to walk through the International Gateway and all the way to the front of the Park to get the Monorail to the TTC , then switch to the MK one. My other concern is that the BC (depending on the time of year) can share buses with the Yacht Club and well as the Swan and Dolphin? )

Here is my unofficial opinion. If you plan on renting a car, I HIGHLY recommend a Pool View room at AKL. The resort is AH-mazing. The theming is like no other. There are tons of excellent activities for the kids, the food options are excellent and the pool is huge and gorgeous. The pricing is on the lower end for a Deluxe resort. With the room discount last May we got a GREAT deal.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbin View Post
Soo.. You guys have been so great.. just a couple of questions.

IF we can't stay at Poly was thinking of one of the following.

1. Change back to family suite at AOA--> we just came back earlier this month from staying in a Nemo suite, I really enjoyed it, and it's a great resort. My only complaint was transportation. It took forever to get anywhere, and folding a double stroller to get on the bus at the end of the night to get back was a disaster. If we switched back, would end up renting a car and driving.

2.) Stay at a moderate: Looking at CBR pirate room which my boys would love, again I would rent a car as I have heard bad things about transportation from here as well.

3.) Beach Club-No car. The reason I wanted to switch to Poly was because we are spending 1/2 of our time at MK or Epcot, and the idea of having more dining options at the resort was attractive to me. I know that I read somewhere that Beach Club is a great location for those spending most of their time at MK and Epcot.

We know we wil be spending more time at the resort this time, so a great pool is important.

So hard to make these decisions without knowing which discounts are going to be available if at all...
1. I can't comment on AoA as we've never stayed there.

2. Our first onsite stay was at CBR and we loved it. I think the pirate rooms look great for little ones (I know I would have booked one if they had them when we stayed there). The resort is pretty spread out, but we loved it.....the atmosphere was beautiful, the pool was fun (and has been redone since our stay), the food court was great, and the transportation was quick and efficient. One of the (many) things I loved about CBR is that the resort is centrally located so it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD.

3. We've stayed at the BC and while we did like the resort, we had a horrible experience with the buses. You can't beat being within walking distance to Epcot and DHS, but getting to MK can (sometimes) take forever. During our stay, the buses were shared among all 5 resorts, with the buses always showing up at the BC packed with standing room only. With that said, I think the buses are hit or miss with the Epcot resorts as some people report the buses only share between the BC & YC for going to MK, but during our stay, they were shared among all 5 resorts. I have read recent reviews that the buses are still sometimes shared among all of them, so you really won't know what the situation will be until you get there.

The Poly, IMO, is the best for what you're looking for as it's just 2 monorail stops from MK and is just a 5-7 minute walk from the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: