Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize that you could refill at the bar (when open). (thanks, trishadono!)
I wish we'd known this when we were there in Nov. 2011!

We were back near stop #3 (which is actually the second stop). I hated how far we were from the main building and I also was disappointed in their gift shop. There wasn't a whole lot there, IMO and I didn't like Cafe Rix--they didn't have the light lemonade.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize that you could refill at the bar (when open). (thanks, trishadono!)

I did like walking around the whole resort and the ranchos did look beautiful. I like walking around all over, so for me, I'm sure the walk to El Centro would be nice.

Really, you'll be fine OP whatever you do or get. It's a great resort. (but really, try to avoid bussing from El Centro).
You are welcome and have fun on your POR/BC trip!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
giwastar
Earning My Ears

A note..about CSR

Hi
I too wanted to stay POR. I had a reservation but when i got through to Disney to get my free dining plan they were all booked. So I guess you have to rebook so we decided on CSR. One tidbit of info that was of inportance to me was that they do not offer a bus the Sisneys Boardwalk. We have a ADR at Couzzinas so we will have to find other arrangements
Probably will take a taxi.
Hope yall have as much fun as we hope to have!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPOrocks View Post
Where should we eat at Coronado, if you have to pay gratuity in Pepper market??
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
Another piece of info I am glad I found out before we ever decided to stay there. The air conditioners have motion sensors and at night when nobody is moving around the a/c cuts off.

To bypass this you have to call maintenance to come down every 2 days and do something to the unit to get it to stay on.
The maya grill is awesome, and for QS still there is a QS place that you can grab food from and bring it back to your room.

I have seen a bunch of people post stuff about the A/C units with the motion sensors. In Feb 2012, this was not our experience at all. The A/C stayed on all night, even though we weren't moving. We were in Cabanas 9A.

Coronado is awesome, just beautiful, the Maya Grill is great, and the Dig Site is possibly the best pool at Disney
Old 08-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
bennifer
Mouseketeer

I think everyone has covered everything! it's my favorite mod, and I'm going to miss it this year while we're at AoA!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
v.t.
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to read all the positive comments. We wanted POR but for FD had to go with CS. We did get a preferred, because Mom and I get breakfast to go for the group every morning. Should we have paid the extra?
How long does it take to get to DTD? That is why we wanted POR, we all love WPE!

Great thread, thanks for all the info.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

cS is our favorite moderate resort! We have stayed there many times in the past and loved every visit!! It's a big resort, so one piece of advice is to request the cabanas section. It's close to the dig site pool, el centre and the pepper market.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #23
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giwastar View Post
Hi
I too wanted to stay POR. I had a reservation but when i got through to Disney to get my free dining plan they were all booked. So I guess you have to rebook so we decided on CSR. One tidbit of info that was of inportance to me was that they do not offer a bus the Sisneys Boardwalk. We have a ADR at Couzzinas so we will have to find other arrangements
None of the resorts offer a bus to the Boardwalk, unless you're actually staying at a boardwalk area resort and walk over (or take the boat). POR does not offer direct bussing to the boardwalk that I'm aware of.

You have to do a transfer from a park, or from DTD or if you're in Epcot, walk over.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giwastar View Post
Hi
I would suggest taking place the bus to Hollywood Studios then the boat to the Boardwalk

Tinker Pam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: