Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Kona Cafe Breakfast

Hi everyone. When I go, I'll have 21 table service credits, and I've booked 22 meals- I just booked breakfast at kona cafe.

In your opinion, is it better using my dining plan, and cancelling another reservation, or just paying out of pocket?

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I would pay out of pocket for Kona because it is pretty cheap. You can get their huge breakfast platter called the Big Kahuna for around $11.99. Other entrees are around the same or a little cheaper.

This is one of the cheapest table service meals you can get really besides Olivia's at old Key West.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I would pay out of pocket for Kona because it is pretty cheap. You can get their huge breakfast platter called the Big Kahuna for around $11.99. Other entrees are around the same or a little cheaper.

This is one of the cheapest table service meals you can get really besides Olivia's at old Key West.
Great. Thanks!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Kona has a delicious breakfast menu and it is fairly inexpensive so a good choice for paying out of pocket. For breakfast you only get the entree and one non-alcoholic fountain beverage for your TS credit so it's not a very good use of a credit anyway. The Pineapple Macadamia Nut Pancakes, The Samoan (Eggs Benedict) and the Big Kahuna (great for big appetites or for sharing) are our favorites. We've had the Tonga Toast as well and it's very sweet. For our beverage we've been able to order the Pressed Pot of Kona Coffee for 2 using both our beverage entitlements for it.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
Kona has a delicious breakfast menu and it is fairly inexpensive so a good choice for paying out of pocket. For breakfast you only get the entree and one non-alcoholic fountain beverage for your TS credit so it's not a very good use of a credit anyway. The Pineapple Macadamia Nut Pancakes, The Samoan (Eggs Benedict) and the Big Kahuna (great for big appetites or for sharing) are our favorites. We've had the Tonga Toast as well and it's very sweet. For our beverage we've been able to order the Pressed Pot of Kona Coffee for 2 using both our beverage entitlements for it.
Looks like I'll be going there a few times on my trip, I've looked at the menu and it all looks delicious! I'll definitely be paying rather than using a TS credit. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: