Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #1531
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

We ended up in Jamaica 46 which is awesome!! Right by the bus stop and a close walk to old port royale.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #1532
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
We ended up in Jamaica 46 which is awesome!! Right by the bus stop and a close walk to old port royale.
Ooo, that is a great spot. Tell us how you like it. Is your room one of the mildly re-habbed rooms ?
When we visited CBR we fell in love with Jamaica village in particular. Must have been the colors, LOL ! Its seems very close to everything, and Jamaica pool/beach area seems great.
We reserved a waterfront room for october and requested Jamaica. Hopefully we will get 44 or 45 looking out over the pool / lake .
Have a good time !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #1533
summersun47
Mouseketeer

If I dont request a room where am I likely to end up. (I no theres no straight answer)

gateway inn i-drive 98'
qip 05'
enclave suites 09 (also our wedding)

cbr nov 14'
Old 08-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #1534
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun47 View Post
If I dont request a room where am I likely to end up. (I no theres no straight answer)
Anywhere within your booking category. There is no default section they put people, it's just whatever is available for your dates, in your booking category.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 08-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #1535
jsrj21
Frathouse

Hello all-
Just got back from CBR- 8/5 - 8/14. Had some issues at the start but as is the Disney way, they took care of it. My family and I have stayed at CBR a total of 12 times. I feel that the resort is in need of some "refreshing." The grounds are beautiful and lush but the rooms to me at least, need some attention. We've never really complained about this resort except for our last two stays - and we don't plan on staying anywhere else. However, I wanted to mention this to see if this has been experienced or if other CBR enthusiasts feel the same way.

Here's what we found in our room at check in:
- A/C not working
- Two bulbs over our vanity not working
- Shower valve handle fell off
- Female hair (handful) in tub
- Mildew on tub surround
- Clock not working
- Wet rug

Now, last time we were there in 2011, we had a broken fridge, moldy smell in the room and a dirty toilet. We had housekeeping come and clean the room and the A/C fixed but am I wrong in telling them that the housekeepers should be more vigilant? I was a little perturbed because we spent 2 hours taking care of these issues. They finally changed our rooms but we were a bit surprised that these things happen when someone must have noticed these issues prior to them giving us the room. At $170.00 a night, I shouldn't be spending 2 hours of my precious Disney time rectifying housekeeping and maintenance issues.
Disney did comp me for one night and apologized extensively. As I told the supervisor, I love the resort and don't want to read/hear negative reviews about it. These issues should not happen.

By the way, our room had a fridge....and it worked!!!

......and for those who need pictures, just pm me and I can get you pictures of the resort. I've taken tons over the years and I walked the resort this last trip and took pictures of the grounds and buildings, etc.
July 2001 -CBR, July 2002 - CBR, July 2003 - CBR, August 2004 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, August 2007 - CBR, August 2008 - CBR, August 2009 - CBR, August 2010 - CBR, Xmas 2010 - [One Day @ MK], August 2011 - CBR, August 2013 - CBR, August 2014 - CBR [Son's HS Grad Trip], and I pray for many more visits to come......
Old 08-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #1536
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrj21 View Post
Hello all-
Just got back from CBR- 8/5 - 8/14. Had some issues at the start but as is the Disney way, they took care of it. My family and I have stayed at CBR a total of 12 times. I feel that the resort is in need of some "refreshing." The grounds are beautiful and lush but the rooms to me at least, need some attention. We've never really complained about this resort except for our last two stays - and we don't plan on staying anywhere else. However, I wanted to mention this to see if this has been experienced or if other CBR enthusiasts feel the same way.

Here's what we found in our room at check in:
- A/C not working
- Two bulbs over our vanity not working
- Shower valve handle fell off
- Female hair (handful) in tub
- Mildew on tub surround
- Clock not working
- Wet rug

Now, last time we were there in 2011, we had a broken fridge, moldy smell in the room and a dirty toilet. We had housekeeping come and clean the room and the A/C fixed but am I wrong in telling them that the housekeepers should be more vigilant? I was a little perturbed because we spent 2 hours taking care of these issues. They finally changed our rooms but we were a bit surprised that these things happen when someone must have noticed these issues prior to them giving us the room. At $170.00 a night, I shouldn't be spending 2 hours of my precious Disney time rectifying housekeeping and maintenance issues.
Disney did comp me for one night and apologized extensively. As I told the supervisor, I love the resort and don't want to read/hear negative reviews about it. These issues should not happen.

By the way, our room had a fridge....and it worked!!!

......and for those who need pictures, just pm me and I can get you pictures of the resort. I've taken tons over the years and I walked the resort this last trip and took pictures of the grounds and buildings, etc.
Oh so sorry! Our air was actually too cold and had to turn it down. My first ever too cold disney room.

I just posted some pics but didn't get any night shots. So please get some if possible.

Thanks in advance!

I think refurb next year would fix a lot of your complaints and your next trip more magical

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 08-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #1537
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

we have been lucky, all of our past stays have been great with no issues at all. Glad to hear they responded to your concerns, lets hope this kind of situation happens rarely, as I know things can t always be perfect and at times be neglected. Overall I do think most of the staff at cbr are great and go out of their way to please!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #1538
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Anyone know what time the Old Port Royale food court is open until at night ? We are coming in pretty late in October, around 11-11:30 PM and will likely be a little hungry whn we finally get to CBR. Will the food court be an option for us, or should we plan on something else.

Thanks,
Syndrome

Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #1539
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Anyone know what time the Old Port Royale food court is open until at night ? We are coming in pretty late in October, around 11-11:30 PM and will likely be a little hungry whn we finally get to CBR. Will the food court be an option for us, or should we plan on something else.

Thanks,
Syndrome
If I remember correctly it was open until Midnight. Hopefully someone else that has been recently can confirm or correct me.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #1540
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
If I remember correctly it was open until Midnight. Hopefully someone else that has been recently can confirm or correct me.
Midnight would ge GREAT ! Hopefully that will be the case. That would work for us.

Thanks,
Syndrome

Old 08-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #1541
jsrj21
Frathouse

Old Port Royale is open until 11:00pm. We just got back on Wednesday and this was their closing time every night we were there.
July 2001 -CBR, July 2002 - CBR, July 2003 - CBR, August 2004 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, August 2007 - CBR, August 2008 - CBR, August 2009 - CBR, August 2010 - CBR, Xmas 2010 - [One Day @ MK], August 2011 - CBR, August 2013 - CBR, August 2014 - CBR [Son's HS Grad Trip], and I pray for many more visits to come......
Old 08-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #1542
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Old Port Royale is open until 11:00pm. We just got back on Wednesday and this was their closing time every night we were there.
Yup. It was 11 when we were there in the spring.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #1543
summersun47
Mouseketeer

how does the resort bus service work or is it the normal disney bus that stops at all stops??
Old 08-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #1544
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

We just booked a Pirate room for Dec 21-28. So excited to have free dining!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1545
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
Yup. It was 11 when we were there in the spring.
Thats what I thought. We visited a few weeks ago to check it all out before we booked a BB offer for October. I didnt rememember the hours. I was pretty sure that midnight, like I was hoping, was a little optimistic !
O.k. I guess we will have to get something to eat at the airport .

Thanks for the confirmation ,

Syndrome

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: