Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #586
katmu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnee View Post
Welcome, katmu! My DS9 was just recently diagnosed with Aspergers, and he's really looking forward to FW. Hope all goes well with your planning!
Hi Zabnee! Glad to hear your son is looking forward to FW. DS asked to incorporate some nature into our trip so I thought that would make FW a good fit.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #587
Zabnee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmu View Post
Hi Zabnee! Glad to hear your son is looking forward to FW. DS asked to incorporate some nature into our trip so I thought that would make FW a good fit.

I bet it will! There's so much to do there, even if you just want to walk/ride around and enjoy the shade and all!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #588
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by needacrane View Post
I read somewhere that Crockett's Tavern is now closed. Is it true?
Thanks!
We drank there two nights ago. So, they are open!
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge resort not yet decided!

Old 08-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #589
Kaewin
GameMaster

What kind of locks are on the doors? The slider key card ones or traditional locks? Also has there been anything heard about them upgrading to the new bracelet things?

72, 79, 83, 85, 87 off site, 93 Dixie Landings (honey moon), 2001, 2004, 2006 off site, 2008 Coronado Springs, 2010 Riverside, 2011 Riverside, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Not going 2014 Cabins
Old 08-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #590
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaewin View Post
What kind of locks are on the doors? The slider key card ones or traditional locks? Also has there been anything heard about them upgrading to the new bracelet things?
All the locks are now RFID technology, using either your KTTW card or your MagicBand.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge resort not yet decided!

Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #591
Kaewin
GameMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
All the locks are now RFID technology, using either your KTTW card or your MagicBand.

Thanks much, looking forward to the bands next year.

72, 79, 83, 85, 87 off site, 93 Dixie Landings (honey moon), 2001, 2004, 2006 off site, 2008 Coronado Springs, 2010 Riverside, 2011 Riverside, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Not going 2014 Cabins
Old 08-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #592
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Hey gang! Ressie question.

My cousin made a ressie and we made ours however, we are travelling on the same dates. How can we get cabins next to eachother? I would be happy getting our cabins at the same loop at least.

Ty!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #593
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
Hey gang! Ressie question.

My cousin made a ressie and we made ours however, we are travelling on the same dates. How can we get cabins next to eachother? I would be happy getting our cabins at the same loop at least.

Ty!
You need your cousin's confirmation number and then call and say you want to link your reservations together and be next to each other. They should be able to do it for you.

When are we going back? Not sure, hate the DAS, FP+ and the rooms keep getting more and more expensive.

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #594
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Wooh! Thanks! :-)
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #595
Zabnee
Mouseketeer

Since it seems, so far, that we aren't going to have MBs to play with, I have a different question:

Where are there drink stations at FW? IS there one at the Chuck Wagon near the campfire? How about the two pools?

TiA!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #596
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since it seems, so far, that we aren't going to have MBs to play with, I have a different question:

Where are there drink stations at FW? IS there one at the Chuck Wagon near the campfire? How about the two pools?

TiA!
Good question...I know you can fill up your mug at Trail's End. Not sure about the campfire. If I remember correctly, my dad took his mug to the pool and filled it up. Allears.net has tons of info about all things Disney...tried to look there but their site is down for some reason.

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
Old 08-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #597
Zabnee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good question...I know you can fill up your mug at Trail's End. Not sure about the campfire. If I remember correctly, my dad took his mug to the pool and filled it up. Allears.net has tons of info about all things Disney...tried to look there but their site is down for some reason.
I've been through allears.net's fact sheet and didn't see anything.. I'll have to see if I can find anything else.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #598
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:

TiA!
Definitely NOT at the cabin pool, I think you can fill up at the Meadows, either in the trading post or the pool snack bar (or both!). Don't think you can at the chuck Wagon, though.

The take-out area at Trail's End also has one, which is easy to and from the boat to MK from the Settlement bus stop.

When are we going back? Not sure, hate the DAS, FP+ and the rooms keep getting more and more expensive.

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #599
dato63
DIS Veteran

We stayed at FW back in 2009 and 2010. We drove back then. Rented a cart from Kenny one year, brought our own cart the second year.

In 2011 when planning another trip - my DH was not coming so my DDs and I were going to fly. I came on here and asked how luggage was handled with Magical Express. Someone was kind enough to share that they thought it would still be delivered to your cabin. In the end we switched and stayed at a Deluxe in 2011 and 2012 though. So I still do not know first hand how this work.

So, now my DH wants to go with us again, does not want to drive but wants to stay in the cabins.

I still have questions regarding ME/luggage.

Can anyone who has stayed at the cabins without a car tell me. When you arrive does ME deliver your luggage to your cabin - just as they would to your room at a resort?

Also, how do you handle luggage when you check out?

I've not decided at this point if we will rent a golf cart. I'm guessing we will. But I would like to have the luggage point worked out so we know FW will work regardless of whether or not we have a cart.

Thank you!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #600
Zabnee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Definitely NOT at the cabin pool, I think you can fill up at the Meadows, either in the trading post or the pool snack bar (or both!). Don't think you can at the chuck Wagon, though.

The take-out area at Trail's End also has one, which is easy to and from the boat to MK from the Settlement bus stop.
Thanks so much for the info, sharadoc! At least it means the coffee drinkers can refill their mugs before heading out to the parks, and when we're out at the main pool for the kids to enjoy the water slide!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: