Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would yo pay extra for towel animals?
No way - Waste of Money 372 83.04%
No way - They should be included in the price of the room 84 18.75%
Yes - but only for $20.00 a night or less 4 0.89%
Yes - I'd pay more than $20.00 a night, we LOVE towel animals 1 0.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 448. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #121
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers View Post
If it was a pay extra option, would you pay to receive a towel animal every day with your mouse keeping? I'd pay an extra $20.00 a night Would you?
I think they should be included in the room. However, maybe for an extra one or two I'd pay an extra couple bucks. NOT $20. lol
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #122
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
I agree completely. At Disney, you aren't just paying for a room, you are paying for the experience, and yes, I totally expect at least one little sprinkle of pixie dust from mousekeeping during our stay.
You ARE paying for a room and the location of the room. You expect the room to be cleaned daily and that all items in the room work - A/C, TV, toilet etc. Expecting pixie dust will certainly ruin your experience. We are adults and we get towel animals on occasion. We smile when we walk in and see them.

IF you kid MUST have a towel animal then look up how to make them and then leave them for you kids when you leave. There you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee;49318471[B
]I think they should be included in the room.[/B] However, maybe for an extra one or two I'd pay an extra couple bucks. NOT $20. lol
Then you can include them yourself.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #123
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

While towel animals are fun to find when you walk into your room, our stay is NOT RUINED if we don't get them! We have been at WDW for a couple six night stays and have only seen one towel animal the entire stay on one of them. And that's the Mickey silhouette on the very first night. We have never had a stay where we have had one every morning.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #124
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

I agree completely. At Disney, you aren't just paying for a room, you are paying for the experience, and yes, I totally expect at least one little sprinkle of pixie dust from mousekeeping during our stay.
And you make that experience yourself while at Disney.....Disney sets the stage, you complete it by opening yourself up to the real experience with yourself, family, or friends or cast members.

What are you going to remember more, a smile on a child's face during the afternoon parade or a washcloth left on your sink that looks like a mouse.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #125
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
And you make that experience yourself while at Disney.....Disney sets the stage, you complete it by opening yourself up to the real experience with yourself, family, or friends or cast members.

What are you going to remember more, a smile on a child's face during the afternoon parade or a washcloth left on your sink that looks like a mouse.
Why should it be either or ? When paying the cost to stay at Disney, EVERYTHING should be magical. The Hotels, the hotel service, the extras they provide ... everything.

Seriously, you think when yur paying 250-500/night (and those aren't even the most expensive, or the cheapest to be fair) for a hotel room they would do allllll those little extras, and more.

You know what, why not just scrap the Disney transit system while yur at it ... lol.

If you are willing to except less for your dollar, people will give you less. I prefer to demand more for my dollar.

To each their own.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #126
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Why should it be either or ? When paying the cost to stay at Disney, EVERYTHING should be magical. The Hotels, the hotel service, the extras they provide ... everything.

Seriously, you think when yur paying 250-500/night (and those aren't even the most expensive, or the cheapest to be fair) for a hotel room they would do allllll those little extras, and more.

You know what, why not just scrap the Disney transit system while yur at it ... lol.

If you are willing to except less for your dollar, people will give you less. I prefer to demand more for my dollar.

To each their own.
You can expect towel animals or even try and demand them, but that doesn't mean you will get them. I could expect Tinkerbell herself to come tuck me in, but that doesn't mean she will. Or that Disney ought to provide that service.

Honestly a few posters are reminding me of Veruka--I want it now!!!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #127
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I much prefer the 'hunt' for towel animals. So much more fun to see if you get one on each stay. It becomes commonplace quite easily. If everyone gets one, every time they say at WDW, it stops being 'magical'. I just can't get all excited about a hand towel or face cloth fooled to look like a fish or a bunny. But others feel differently. I doubt you are going to see Disney offering the darn things for sale. You either get 'em or you don't. No one is more entitled to them than some one else.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #128
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I disagree with posters who feel towel creations should be included for the price of the room. Like others have said its a little pixie dust magic added to your trip and if everyone got them all the time it wouldn't be special anymore.

I didn't have any my first onsite stay and after reading about them here I was really excited to see of we did on our recent trip. If we didn't I would have had a moment of thinking what a bummer but that would have been it. We lucked out though and had a flower, a swan and an elephant during our stay. I think I got a bigger kick out of it than my kids and mostly because I knew it wasn't something everyone got.

As for the price of the rooms I'm paying for location, transportation, EMH, extra dining options and perks for deluxe, the pools, activities, etc. I'm also paying for top notch Disney customer service which may or may not include a towel creation here and there.

Dis703 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #129
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

for those stating they are paying for top notch service for their dollar (in $$$ rooms) and therefore wanting/needing/being disappointed with no towel animals... by implication you are stating that those who pay less (in $ rooms) are only going to get mediocre service for their dollar, and again by implication, are less likely to be pixe dusted and/or receive towel animals.

i think the idea of pixie dust being granted based on the price of your room to be ludicrous.

someone staying in the cheapest room onsite has just as much chance of being pixie dusted (with any experience) than those staying in the most expensive room on site.

disney customer service is disney customer service, regardless of price paid for the room. i know lots of people at pop who have received pixie dust (in various forms) and people who have visited mods & deluxe & villas who received none (in any form).

towel animals are so not on my list of things to bring magic to a family vacation for me....just accept the pixie dust if it happens, and if it doesn't, create your own.

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #130
Spacepest
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I agree, I would not pay more for towel animals. For $20, I could buy a book on how to make them myself.
My local library has a book on how to make towel animals, so you could learn how to do this yourself FOR FREE.

And nope, I wouldn't pay extra for towel animals. I just want a freaking clean room with towels! Mousekeeping has enough to do without making me a towel animal circus during my stay.

In fact, I'd rather not have towel animals if it meant I or the hotel guest next door was going to get a dirty toilet or an improperly cleaned room.
Spacepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #131
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't pay extra or leave a note asking for them. We like the surprise of finding them, and if we don't we say it was someone else's turn for extra magic that day.
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #132
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers
If it was a pay extra option, would you pay to receive a towel animal every day with your mouse keeping? I'd pay an extra $20.00 a night Would you?
No. I can live without them. They are cute to come back to after a day at a park, but they aren't needed for my Disney stay to be amazing.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #133
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

We went in May, stayed at PoR (first time) I was hoping for a towel animal & we had one upon arrival. Was so excited...but my boys could care less! Hahahaha!!!!!! Ages 13, 13, 9. In fact one of em needed to wipe his hands so I look over and he is taking the animal apart.!!! I was in shock and he said "ummm mom it's a towel". So there u have it. Nope i would not pay a penny extra. I would rather housekeeping skip us on towel animals and make them for kids who get a kick out of it.
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #134
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
Definitely. Towel animals are part of the experience. CM's make them just for you! Of course I will and I have paid them extra for towel animals!

Katie
No, you really shouldn't have paid extra for towel animals! They are free, gifts from your housekeeper. Yes, we can keep them. I have a small collection..both from WDW as well as our cruises. Finally said enough is enough.
Here's the thing....there was the time we stayed at Pop..just me dd and I. We walked back to our room each day, seeing all the windows along the way decorated with towel animals as well as the guests plush. Well, when we got to our 'hallway', we noticed there were no towel animals at all...not a one. Got to our room and nothing. No big deal for us, but we did find it to be curious. We asked at the front desk why some areas had huge numbers of the stupid things while other areas were barren. The answer? Some housekeepers don't make them...they either don't know how, or they don't want to take the time.
On the other hand...there was the time my adult dd and I walked to our Pop room. We went in and dd mentioned that she didn't see any of those towel things that we have at home. I told her that it doesn't always happen, but hey...we were a Pop family of the day and had a nice certificate and some chocolates. Well, we left the room, and were standing there, chatting, looking at the lake and such. Dd again mentioned that she was a bit sad that there were no towel animals in our room...geez girl, get over it!!!! You're an adult!!! Well....a housekeeper seemed to have overheard us...she tapped my dd on the shoulder and pointed at our window. Ah, yeah. There were four towel animals sitting there, in the window!!! I was so embarrassed!!! I thanked her profusely. She just laughed and continued along her way!!!
So, it all depends on the housekeeper. If it's important to you, I would ask about it at the front desk, or call housekeeping. Try to have them leave something that day or the next.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #135
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
We went in May, stayed at PoR (first time) I was hoping for a towel animal & we had one upon arrival. Was so excited...but my boys could care less! Hahahaha!!!!!! Ages 13, 13, 9. In fact one of em needed to wipe his hands so I look over and he is taking the animal apart.!!! I was in shock and he said "ummm mom it's a towel". So there u have it. Nope i would not pay a penny extra. I would rather housekeeping skip us on towel animals and make them for kids who get a kick out of it.
Smart boy. An extra towel in the room. That's what I think, too.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: