Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
You got it! And I'm 13.

Surprised at how many don't get sarcasm.

Katie
I don't think any of us believed that you truly would prefer death over Avatarland.

As for the 12 years old comment, well, that nearly hit the nail on the head huh? I think because younger people do tend to be pretty harsh (or extreme) sometimes with their comments and feelings. At your age I'm sure I said I'd prefer death over a lot of things. Now that I'm much older, well, I never say that any more lol. It's an understandable comment for a 13 year old. If you were an adult, maybe not so much.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
I don't think any of us believed that you truly would prefer death over Avatarland.
No you're right, were just giving Katie a hard time! Now that being said... had we been talking about Captain EO, I would of thought she was totally serious about wanting to die first.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
People having such strong feelings about a land that they haven't even seen concept art for is really bizarre.

The land is going to just be visually based upon the movie, it's not like you're going to be forced to become an Avatar and join the Navi. The visuals of the movie were fantastic, the land will be as well.

Please go watch Song of the South before you ride Splash Mountain the next time.
Oh? So you've seen the plans for the attractions and offerings of Avatarland then? I was under the impression that nothing had been released.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
Odelay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You got it! And I'm 13.

Surprised at how many don't get sarcasm.

Katie
You're right. Sarcasm can be difficult to get. Or convey.
Odelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #35
TJSkinner
Earning My Ears

Obvously I must have watched a different movie than some of the respondants here. Flowers and trees that glow, mythical looking animals. A society that is centered on taking care of their environment and living in harmony with it. Did I miss something or doesn't this sound like something the Imagineers could go all out with. Three more movies are in the development and it will be a great tie in for what ever Disney plans to do. Think a mystical land would be a great addition to AK. Without imagination Disney would not exist.
Disney Cruise November 2013
TJSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #36
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
No you're right, were just giving Katie a hard time! Now that being said... had we been talking about Captain EO, I would of thought she was totally serious about wanting to die first.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #37
flashcal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSkinner View Post
Obvously I must have watched a different movie than some of the respondants here. Flowers and trees that glow, mythical looking animals. A society that is centered on taking care of their environment and living in harmony with it. Did I miss something or doesn't this sound like something the Imagineers could go all out with. Three more movies are in the development and it will be a great tie in for what ever Disney plans to do. Think a mystical land would be a great addition to AK. Without imagination Disney would not exist.
I COMPLETLY agree. It may not be a great movie but its message was spot on. The same as the animal kingdoms message. It's visuals were stunning so the land should be gorgeous. I just this people should be reasonable. No one is asking you to watch the movie or know about the movie.
I think you all could manage to enjoy the sheer gorgeousness of the concept of Pandora on a couple of rides. Joe Rodhes(sp) will make it beautiful. I'm confident.
flashcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #38
Stitch76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree completely. While not my favorite movie, Avatar was indeed a beautiful movie to watch, and I am excited to see how Disney brings Pandora to life.
You don't have to be a fan of a movie to enjoy the attractions. My family could care less about Harry Potter. We didn't really like the movies, and I couldn't even pay my kids to read the books, (and DS(14) reads constantly ). But, having said that, we still want to go to Universal someday and check out all the Harry Potter stuff. Not because it's Harry Potter, but just because it looks cool.

2008 All Stars Movies Resort
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Port Orleans Riverside
2015 ????Maybe????
Stitch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #39
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:

I agree. I didn't love the movie, and there are some ideas that I would like much better than this one. Still, I think it could be fantastic with the right attractions and decorations.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
old lady
DIS Veteran

They should made a ride about it. not a land.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #41
Buddyex
Earning My Ears

I don't doubt Disney Imagineers could make Avatarland something really special, Pandora itself has a lot that could translate well to AK. I guess I have to add myself to the people that wonder if the franchise is strong enough to capture the public imagination in the same way that something like Harry Potter or Star Wars has.

Regardless of the fact that its the biggest Box office film of recent years, since its release it seems to have earned a reputation of being hugely overated and with a six year gap between the first movie and the 3 planned followup movies it does seem a big gamble that the planned movies will be as successful as the originalfilm, let alone that the general public will be interested enough to flock to the animal kingdom's version of Pandora.
I'm sure it'll be amazing and popular, but I doubt many people will be planning their vacation around it.

As much as Animal Kingdom needs the attractions to make it a full day park.
i think Disney would get better bang for their buck with Star Wars land at HS and improvements at Epcot.
Buddyex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #42
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyex View Post
I don't doubt Disney Imagineers could make Avatarland something really special, Pandora itself has a lot that could translate well to AK. I guess I have to add myself to the people that wonder if the franchise is strong enough to capture the public imagination in the same way that something like Harry Potter or Star Wars has.

Regardless of the fact that its the biggest Box office film of recent years, since its release it seems to have earned a reputation of being hugely overated and with a six year gap between the first movie and the 3 planned followup movies it does seem a big gamble that the planned movies will be as successful as the originalfilm, let alone that the general public will be interested enough to flock to the animal kingdom's version of Pandora.
I'm sure it'll be amazing and popular, but I doubt many people will be planning their vacation around it.

As much as Animal Kingdom needs the attractions to make it a full day park.
i think Disney would get better bang for their buck with Star Wars land at HS and improvements at Epcot.
good news for you then because star wars is coming to DHS
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #43
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Seems like I may be one of the only ones excited about Avatarland. I really enjoyed the movie and cant wait to see what Disney does. AK in my opinion needs more attractions so I am excited to see what will be added with Avatarland.

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #44
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
Seems like I may be one of the only ones excited about Avatarland. I really enjoyed the movie and cant wait to see what Disney does. AK in my opinion needs more attractions so I am excited to see what will be added with Avatarland.
nah
theres a lot of people excited about it... people will flock to it when they see the floating mountains and bioluminescent flora and fauna

just my opinion

my hope is people give it a chance and not prejudge it
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #45
Ego831
Earning My Ears

Avatarland: Small loud (clueless) naysayers!

Quote:
My opinion.

Katie
Just shows how much you should judge the people on this board's opinion of Avatarland. Quite a dumb statement to say you would rather die than go to Avatarland - how old are you?

In the end I think there is a small group that hates the idea - but like all other negative people - they are the loudest.

Folks that are more reasonable understand that you have to see what will be there before you can say Yay/Nay....right now everyone is basing it on the movie - which I agree - whose story was really not that intersting...fun for once but not a movie you see over and over again - but visually the movie was ground breaking!

Translating those visuals and concepts into theme park rides I think will in the end be a very enjoyable experience.

I thought I would add a positive note to all the loud negative news. Not that it will convince too many of the naysayers because as you can see from "this" post - not a lot going on upstairs....

I am actually looking forward to seeing Avatarland, Carsland and Starwarsland. They all have great potential for creative "theme-ing" and exciting rides!
Ego831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: