Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #1981
DisneyWorld4Ever
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll buster View Post
I booked a preferred room because we like to be near the food court. Which building and/or room should I request?
Preferred buildings are Casitas 1, 2 & 3. We usually stay in Casitas 3 because it is a pretty even walk to El Centro and the Dig Site. Also because there is a quiet pool in between Casitas 3 & 4 but if you wanted to be closer to El Centro then maybe Casitas 1 or 2.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #1982
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Some questions --
Any ideas for how you make the desk work for two kids to eat breakfast? Am used to having the table and 2 chairs. Also, is the only chair in the room the one at the desk?

And the picture of the room layout my TA sent me showed two sinks in the bathroom. But most of the pictures I see only shows one sink. Do some rooms have two? If so, which ones? Is it random or by building?
There is just the one chair, but there is also two little ottoman type things you can sit on. There is only one sink, but there is lots of counter space.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #1983
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad 88 View Post
Just got back from a quick visit with my kids before school starts on Monday here in Florida. We are AP holders and usually stay Deluxe with a room only discount, thus this was our first stay at CSR. We enjoyed the pool as much as any Deluxe.Stayed in Cabanas standard and got a Lake view which was nice. The room was ok nothing special. Biggest concern is that it can get loud at night with families returning home, but my 7 & 5 year old slept right through it. The biggest surprise was that the place was dead. Not a lot in the pool, and yesterday morning there were 7 families eating breakfast at 8:00 am. The parking lots in some sections were deserted. It was nice for a quick stay and the pool functions were great. The biggest concern I would have personally is that when it is crowded it may get a little overwhelming because the place is so big.
Actually the great thing about the big spread out resorts like CSR and CBR is that they aren't overwhelming when they are full. We have two Christmas stays at CSR and one at CBR under our belts. Even with that being the busiest week of the year and the resorts full they never seemed that way. There is always a quiet place to relax and it never felt crowded. The only time you would really notice is if you try to eat or swim at the main pool at the peak times, but if you wait an hour to eat or swim at say 4pm instead of 3pm its not too bad.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #1984
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Some questions --
Any ideas for how you make the desk work for two kids to eat breakfast? Am used to having the table and 2 chairs. Also, is the only chair in the room the one at the desk?

And the picture of the room layout my TA sent me showed two sinks in the bathroom. But most of the pictures I see only shows one sink. Do some rooms have two? If so, which ones? Is it random or by building?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
There is just the one chair, but there is also two little ottoman type things you can sit on. There is only one sink, but there is lots of counter space.
Not all of the rooms are configured the same. Last Dec. in Ranchos we had the desk, desk chair & 2 small square ottomans, as stated above (and as shown in the room pics on the Disney site). This week in Cabanas we had the desk, desk chair & 1 large soft chair. Years ago in Casitas (before the renovations) we had a desk, desk chair AND a small table with 2 chairs. That was a corner room, so possibly a tad larger to accommodate the extra table.

I don't recall ever having 2 sinks in either Casitas, Ranchos & definitely not in Cabanas this week.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #1985
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Hi all, I have a reliable update on the fridges at CSR. This information is credited to Buzz, who is the most reliable source of info related to CSR.

They have currently replaced 1200 of the 1900 fridges. Target date to have the other 700 replaced is Aug. 25th. There is a huge convention that has the entire resort booked from 8/25-8/28 and then the big car show weekend after that. They are hoping to have all the fridges replaced for that. I think this is good news for many on this thread!
Yay! Thank you so much for this update. It looks like I'll be able to place a Garden Grocer order after all.

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #1986
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Does CSR have a Marina with boat/sea raycer rentals? What about bike or surrey bike rentals?
Old 08-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #1987
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Does CSR have a Marina with boat/sea raycer rentals? What about bike or surrey bike rentals?
November will be my first visit there, but from what I've researched it sounds like they used to have this but don't anymore. When I went on the Disney site and looked up recreation, they are not listed.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...rt/recreation/

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #1988
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

Has anyone had a cake made by CSR for in-room dining? I am thinking of something for DD's Birthday next month and wonder if this is an option or if we should just arrange to do it at one of our dining reservations.
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 08-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #1989
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Those who have stayed before how convenient is the room service breakfast for getting to the parks early? If we call at 7 what time does the food typically arrive?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #1990
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post
Those who have stayed before how convenient is the room service breakfast for getting to the parks early? If we call at 7 what time does the food typically arrive?
Personally I wouldn't rely on room service in the least.... Years ago we gave it a shot.... Felt like we would never see it.... Long time before delivery...

A lot easier and quicker, just go to the food court or CS and get it yourself... Room service saves no time!

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #1991
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Personally I wouldn't rely on room service in the least.... Years ago we gave it a shot.... Felt like we would never see it.... Long time before delivery...

A lot easier and quicker, just go to the food court or CS and get it yourself... Room service saves no time!
Unless you are looking for eggs or other hot items, what I've done to save time is on my way back from the parks, stop at the quick service area (Well not at CSR this is my first time and have to figure it out) and bring a muffin back to my room or fruit/yogurt to tie me until once I"m in the parks and closer to lunch.
I know my boys are happy with that kind of breakfast vs a big one.
Just a thought.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #1992
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer

So looking forward to our first CSR stay and business class --- 36 days!!!!

2000 - AS Sports; 2009 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 CSR, NEXT TRIP - 2015 CSR CHRISTMAS VACAY
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #1993
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksgirl View Post
I stayed there in April and loved it!!!

Don't be afraid to take some fruit or anything from breakfast for your afternoon snack.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #1994
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksgirl View Post
Congrats on your trip! I love the title of your ticker! WTG - kicking its butt!

Wishing you a magical vacation!

DH and I are heading to AKV (DVC studio) next Monday, then on 8/31 we move to CSR Business Class for the weekend of the Mustang Club of America Grand National Show and Dreams Car Weekend! Should be lots of activity at CSR!

I stayed Business Class in February. Happy to be going back!

Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #1995
surfybeachbabe
Earning My Ears

Only a couple of weeks and we'll be here! can't wait. Good news that most of the fridges are replaced.
I'm travelling with a couple of people who have bad backs and knees is there an easy way to put in a ground floor room request before we get there? (we're based in the UK)
Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: