Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #811
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
We're driving down for our late September vacation. We're now thinking of bringing DH's truck so we can bring a mini-fridge we have to use in the room. We have planned all along to drive my car as it get's much better gas mileage. I wonder how the lack of a fridge is being handled at the deluxe and moderate resorts. I also wonder if they will get replacements before the values.
I believe the deluxes are done or almost done. Following that pattern, the moderates will probably be done before the values. You could always call your resort a couple days before you head down to see what the fridge situation is and decide which car you want to take then.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #812
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB

Is it $15 per night? I could use that and order a mini fridge to be delivered from Walmart
Ha ha ha, love that idea!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #813
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416

I believe the deluxes are done or almost done. Following that pattern, the moderates will probably be done before the values. You could always call your resort a couple days before you head down to see what the fridge situation is and decide which car you want to take then.
Staying at Pop so I'll keep watching this thread and call to check before we leave. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #814
Stormeyes
The Disney Fox

Just a heads up: I'm checking in 9/12 and JUST got notification that I'm now a part of Magic Band, FP+ testing. Oddly enough, I still haven't gotten my Mickey Mail either.

Jan '97 - Contemporary Resort
April '00 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
April '01 - All Star Sports
Oct' 08 - Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott
Sept '10 - All Star Music
Sept. 12, 2013 - POP Century - Disney Engagement <3
Planning DFTW Sept '15
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #815
linmarinelli
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post
Why arent there fridges in the rooms? I thought that it was standard that they had them now?
I don't think its all the rooms. We were just there on Aug 5-10 on 3rd floor 60's building corner room facing the lake., and we had a working fridge. I went thinking we wouldn't have one or I would have bought more snacks and drinks that needed to be refrigerated. I heard a lot of people staying at the same time as us saying they didn't have one though, or they had one and it had a note on it saying don't use. Ours was in perfect working order..we used it mostly for the water we brought, or if one of the kids didn't finish all their food at lunch.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #816
linmarinelli
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post
I received my magic bands and made my fastpass+ selections but I'm hearing horror stories. Should I be nervous?? Is anyone having a good experience with them??
Like I said, I was just there Aug 5-10 and tested the magicbands and fp+. I don't know what horror stories you have heard, but everything worked perfectly for us! We had a great experience with them. Every fp+ I scheduled we got on with no problems...even changed the time on one once when we were running late, did it on my phone on the bus! FP+ made our vacation so much less stressful, no running to get regular FP and waiting for the return time. Just go to your scheduled park, at the scheduled time and get right on the ride usually! My boyfriends kids loved it! And I was able to schedule all high priority rides at each park with no problems. They rode everything they wanted, sometimes twice, because we had hoppers and did 2 parks a day, so we went back to each park 2 or 3 times. We would go to a park in the morning, ride whatever we wanted because the crowds were smaller, go back to POP to rest and swim then head to the park for the afternoon/evening where are FP+ were scheduled. Except for the day we went to AK, I scheduled the FP+ for the morning there, we were on the safari before 8:30! So don't be nervous, I don't know if I was lucky or not, but it was amazing for us. Not to mention how good the bands work to get in your room when your hands are full. Going swimming without carrying the key cards, and how easy it was to charge to the room too. The boys liked using it to make their cars for test track too!
Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #817
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Just went through the POP picture thread and can't wait to be there! I'm wondering if anyone knows about the christmas tree : when is it up? Is it only in December or we'll get a chance to see it early november?

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 08-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #818
leftaslide
NW GA. DDC #751

From what I've read, looks like the decorations go up in mid November. I'm not 100% on that, though. Someone could correct me.

Dragging the Kids Back to WDW, a Sept. 2014 PTR!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #819
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftaslide
From what I've read, looks like the decorations go up in mid November. I'm not 100% on that, though. Someone could correct me.
IME, Resort decorations don't go up as early as the park decorations. Some were up in mid November and they added right up until right after Thanksgiving...it was the last couple of days of November before they put the Biggest Lobby Tree up at POP. That was a few years ago...but that was the progression then.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #820
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

We have Chef Mickey reservations at 9:30am. Do the Disney buses run early enough to get us to MK to walk over to the Contemporary for our reservation?

Me DH DD

Old 08-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #821
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
We have Chef Mickey reservations at 9:30am. Do the Disney buses run early enough to get us to MK to walk over to the Contemporary for our reservation?
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #822
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

IME, Resort decorations don't go up as early as the park decorations. Some were up in mid November and they added right up until right after Thanksgiving...it was the last couple of days of November before they put the Biggest Lobby Tree up at POP. That was a few years ago...but that was the progression then.
I agree. Resort decorations usually don't really go up until around Thanksgiving, usually right after.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 08-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #823
blue gatorade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
SOMETIMES the bus driver will drop you off directly at the resort. Last year we told the bus driver we were going to Chef Mickey's and he dropped us off there after he stopped at Magic Kingdom for the other guests. I guess it will depend on your driver/how crowded it is. It never hurts to ask!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #824
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linmarinelli View Post
I don't think its all the rooms. We were just there on Aug 5-10 on 3rd floor 60's building corner room facing the lake., and we had a working fridge. I went thinking we wouldn't have one or I would have bought more snacks and drinks that needed to be refrigerated. I heard a lot of people staying at the same time as us saying they didn't have one though, or they had one and it had a note on it saying don't use. Ours was in perfect working order..we used it mostly for the water we brought, or if one of the kids didn't finish all their food at lunch.
We are in a preferred room today (just checked in) 60's section, first floor, no working fridge....but close to ice machine!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #825
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
We are in a preferred room today (just checked in) 60's section, first floor, no working fridge....but close to ice machine!
When we set up our reservations a few weeks ago for early October the cast member said we would have a fridge even though some of the web chatter said they were currently having problems.

I hope for all of us they get them changed out quickly
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: