Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #32
Jenne03
Earning My Ears

Of course people make false claims or think they have been bitten by a bed bug and report it. That's why I like to read the reports. You will see someone say they were bit by a bed bug but not report it until a week later and then refuse any treatment. If they have made a report and describe what happened, normally you can kind of see whether the person is mistaken , making it up or really believes that it was bed bugs. Sometimes they include pictures of the bites. But I will say that if I see multiple reports ..that definitely raises suspicions and I would stay elsewhere.

I like when people report it because alot of times it gets the hotel manager's attention and they will say what happened on their end..I have seen that a lot on tripadvisor and bedbugregistry. I don't think it's useless at all.

Fyi: I just went on the bed bug registry and was looking at a Disney hotel's reports. Some that were reported were from a couple months ago and in the persons report they said that they were "confirmed cases". They took the person's luggage , moved them and also gave them some $$ from clothes. That seems right on par with what the OP was reporting. There was also a report that said housekeeping found some in a persons room and reported it(big applause for mousekeeping!!!). Don't think it's useless at all .

Honestly, I think its fine to be a little paranoid about it...just because of the nonsense that you will need to go through if you bring them home.

You can also go to any of these websites and see how to check for bed bugs. You have to check nooks and crannies, lift up the mattress, check the box spring, check the tags , look at the headboard, open up drawers,etc. I also heard to put your luggage either on the luggage rack or in the tub. Keeping everything in those giant ziploc bags has been said to be helpful too. I like using them anyway. I always pack my clothes in the bags and then in the suitcase. I pack an extra so I can put my dirty clothes in there and seal it up.

I was also told that if there is a concern, not to bring the bag into your home. Leave it in the garage for a bit. Take out the clothes and immediately wash them as hot as possible..

With all that being said, you can still get bed bugs and at some point just have to cross your fingers. I feel like if I check as well as I can using reviews and checking the room...then I have done all I can do.

Last edited by Jenne03; 08-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: