Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
MelPel
Earning My Ears

Bed bugs at Beach club!

Hello members,

FYI, A friend of mine just returned from WDW on Saturday 8/10/13 and she told me that after her first night at Beach Club 4th floor room, she was bitten by bed bugs, the hotel brought dogs in to confirm. She is a nurse by profession and acually checked all their beds before they got in them. Both her and her husband could not see these bugs even after she was bitten! They were quickly moved to Yatch Club to a new room, where they then found spiders and had to have the room sprayed. She is very traumatized by the event and said her ankles were bitten badly. They couldnt take their luggage with them to the new room right away so hotel management gave their family $ to buy new clothes. Took a day of shopping for everyone (family of 4). They eventually got their luggage back days later, but she had the dogs come back and sniff them once they returned. She cant remember the room number it was 42?? she wants to forget it. But she said the hotel staff was more than accommodating to them after the fact and REALLY bent over backwards to make the rest of their stay a magical one.

I just wanted to inform anyone who might be staying there to be careful.

Mel
Feb 1973 DisneyLand offsite,Apr 1975 WDW offsite,July 1980 WDW offsite,Aug 1983 WDW offsite, Feb 1989 WDW offsite, Oct 1990 WDW offsite, Oct 1995 WDW offsite, Oct 1998 WDW Contemporary, Feb 2000 WDW Dixie Landings, Oct 2000 WDW Contemporary,June 2001 DisneyLand Hotel Apr 2002 WDW Polynesian, June 2003 WDW Boardwalk Villas, Dec 2003 DisneyLand offsite, Oct 2005 WDW Boardwalk Villas, Apr 2006 WDW Contemporary, June - July 2007 WDW Villas at Fort Wilderness,Oct 2007 WDW All Star Sports, May 2008 WDW OKW, Sep 2008 WDW OKW, Dec 2009 WDW Bay Lake Tower OKW, Jun 2011 DL GCV, Aug 2011 DCL, (Dream Ship) & BLT, Jun 2012 DCL (Magic ship), Oct 2012 AKV (Kidani), Jan 2013 DCL (Dream ship) SS Member Only Cruise , June 2013 DL GCV, Aug 2013 D23 EXPO DL...
** Oct 2013 AKV (Kidani)** ,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: