Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #3706
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
watch them from the marina, from right outside gasparilla's, or from the dock.
good to know. i was kind of wondering this as well. cant really picture the layout in my mind. we are staying in sl, i know the marina borders one side of that building. just curious because i didn't think so, but is it possible to see from sl balconies?

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/CR TPV CL June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
Old 08-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #3707
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Heading out to the GF in a little under 2 weeks. My sister and I are staying at the TPV but my parents are staying in a Lagoon View outer building.

I've requested the Boca Chica for them. Do all the lagoon views of the Boca Chica have a partial MK view?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #3708
jecon
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever used the concierge itinerary planner to make the 180 day ADRs? What's the advantage over just making them myself online?
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #3709
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

We have stayed at the Poly, but not CL. I am very excited to try it as I have read about that awesome view from the lounge and can't wait to see it in person .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
Where do we watch the fireworks from the grand. Last year we stayed poly concierge and watched the movie/water parade/fireworks beside the pool on nights we were not in the parks. Is there a comparable place at GF.? Should we just walk Down to the poly ? Really nervous that GF won't compare to poly!
As bethclayton posted, the best places for the fireworks are the marina landing in front of Gasparilla's and the boat dock. Keep in mind, you cannot see the Electrical Water Pageant from the marina, you'll have to watch it from the boat dock, the beach or in front of Boca.

Don't worry, I think you will love the GF as much as the Poly! Different, but equally as wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
good to know. i was kind of wondering this as well. cant really picture the layout in my mind. we are staying in sl, i know the marina borders one side of that building. just curious because i didn't think so, but is it possible to see from sl balconies?
There is a large map in the first post of this thread - you can see the layout of the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Heading out to the GF in a little under 2 weeks. My sister and I are staying at the TPV but my parents are staying in a Lagoon View outer building.

I've requested the Boca Chica for them. Do all the lagoon views of the Boca Chica have a partial MK view?
Congrats on your upcoming trip - so soon!

Not all lagoon views in Boca have a partial MK view, but I think many of them do. Most will be blocked by trees, but some may be blocked by the shape of the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
Has anyone ever used the concierge itinerary planner to make the 180 day ADRs? What's the advantage over just making them myself online?
Lots of DISers use the IPO for their dining reservations. Now, with online booking, the main advantage is simply convenience, you don't have to time it perfectly.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #3710
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Congrats on your upcoming trip - so soon!

Not all lagoon views in Boca have a partial MK view, but I think many of them do. Most will be blocked by trees, but some may be blocked by the shape of the building.
Thanks!

We're there for 3 days/2 nights with one night being in MK for the fireworks. My thoughts are that the other night we'd watch the Water Parade and fireworks from their room balcony. Does the Boca-Chica have specific upgrades for MK views that still overlook the lagoon or can I ask for a partial MK view?

Alternatively we could just walk out onto the grass in front of the lagoon and watch the fireworks that way...Do they pipe the Wishes music onto the pier out by Narcoossee's?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #3711
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
you are going to love poly cl! amazing!
Thanks.....I am really looking forward to it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Heading out to the GF in a little under 2 weeks.
Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
It's just personal preference, IMO. I have never used IPO on any of our CL stays as I enjoy all of the planning and love making my own ADRs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Don't worry, I think you will love the GF as much as the Poly! Different, but equally as wonderful.
I second this .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #3712
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

I think I know the answer to this but when you watch Wishes from GF do they have the music there?
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

Old 08-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #3713
mtnmomma3
Earning My Ears

We are heading to the GF RPC in a few weeks and it seems that GF is excluded from the September fastpass testing while all of the deluxe resorts except WL are getting to test... Everyone is booking up there FP+ choices and we got nothing. Feeling bummed and that we are going to feel the negative effects on our trip
Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #3714
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
For some reason the GF is usually the last stop on the ME Monorail resort drop off..at least thats been our experience on the last several trips... I think total time to resort is about an hour or so...

You're welcome! I meant to get over to the beach area to check on that..but just never did...

SueM I do think ( at least I hope so!!) there will be a BB for late Jan/early Feb..and other dates too in 2014 too..as there has been in the past..I just asked hoping that maybe they were already available...just not yet in the printed literature...but so far only FD..which does not interest our family personally...I much prefer a RO discount...

I does kind of look that way! LOL..Lets hope there is some kind of construction covering on them for now..

Trishadono Great pics!

davale4 Seems that we might have been at the GF at the same time...wonder if we crossed paths in the lounge???

k&a&c's mom How is that new thread coming along..??? LOL..I kow what you mean about looking thru the pictures...Makes me wish I was back at the GF too...

MickeyNut How is the December planning going??? Any resort changes before or after the cruise... Just wondering!!!
We prefer RO discounts too. We're here till 9/1 so I'll check next week, I seem to remember those BBs usually come out closer to the end of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome Home View Post
I am trying to decide if we should go to Blizzard Beach while staying at GF or Beach Club. Does anyone know the bus route between GF and Blizzard Beach?
Don't know if you have an answer, but busses to BB usually stop at AK too. I can't remember which is first!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #3715
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Checking into GF in 3 hrs! Just wish I could get a couple more hrs sleep
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #3716
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Sorry I missed seeing you! Have a great trip! I have 41/2 months to my next GF stay

The tea room was empty Thursday, you may be able to get a stand by spot if interested.

I love the smell of the GF rooms

Let us know what building and floor you got etc!

Trish

you are there!!!!

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 08-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #3717
Hedobaby
Earning My Ears

Location: I live in Devon England But I am a Floridian who grew up addicted Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmomma3 View Post
We are heading to the GF RPC in a few weeks and it seems that GF is excluded from the September fastpass testing while all of the deluxe resorts except WL are getting to test... Everyone is booking up there FP+ choices and we got nothing. Feeling bummed and that we are going to feel the negative effects on our trip
What a shame. I woner if that means it will test there in October. We are going the 25 th and hope it will!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #3718
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time! I will be checking in 11 months from now and always think about my return to the GF. My name is Gina and I am addicted to the Grand Floridian!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #3719
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time and enjoy the GF .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #3720
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: