Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Red Sox
Earning My Ears

Avis Shuttle to/from Port Canaveral

I am sure it has been asked but I could not find any recent answers. How is the Avis shuttle to/from Port Canaveral? We did a one way rental that we are dropping off at the Avis that is near the port for our upcoming cruise. Should I drop my family off before dropping off the car or should I make them ride the shuttle. We can get on the boat between 11 and 11:30.
Red Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

Avis is my preferred rental company in Port Canaveral. It doesn't really matter if you drop the family off first or not. I tend to drop everyone off since it means that if the van is full then fewer people are left behind. This usually isn't a problem with Avis (can't say the same for Budget).

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

On both our cruises we used Avis. Both times we just went straight to the lot and unloaded the family and the luggage. Typically a 5-10 minute wait for a shuttle. Driver helps load and unload luggage.

Shuttles get pretty full, but never so full that we missed one and had to wait for the next. Out arrival time at the lot was between 10:30 and 11:00 each time.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
ssawka
DIS Veteran

We did a one way rental from Alamo in Jan. I found it easiest to drop the Fam off first. If you have little kids, there are often characters in the terminal, so the kids might like that.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
CastawayCayLover
Mouseketeer

I've done this with Avis many times and not had a problem. Last month however, I dropped the family off at the port at around 10:15, went and dropped off the car and then waited for a shuttle for about 30 minutes before calling a cab and just making it to the port in time for our boarding at 11:25. This was on a Saturday.
CastawayCayLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Budget shuttle?

SSHAW- did you have an issue with the Budget shuttle?
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

The only thing I find with Avis is that if you like to get there early, they don't start running the shuttle until the ship had been cleared. Last year I was going for an upgrade at the port, but by the time we got there on the first shuttle, people were already checking in and of the were any sites, they were gone by the time we got there. This year I'm going to drop my wife off first then the car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Red Sox
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the answers. Information is very useful. What time does the ship normally get cleared. We are supposed to check in between 11 and 11:30. Don't want to be waiting for the shuttle.
Red Sox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: