Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #46
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #47
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #48
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

I bought my hotel and tickets right now on Travelocity. I was able to link my resort but its not letting me link my tickets.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #49
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

What number are you putting in on MDE? It only shows my Disney reservations, not my Travelocity?
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #50
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
What number are you putting in on MDE? It only shows my Disney reservations, not my Travelocity?
I put the hotel confirmation room # for the hotel. That worked.

Then I put the Will Call confirmation number underneath my ticket voucher barcode.. I called Disney and they said it should work. I don't get it.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #51
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=circus4u;49304770]Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.[/Q

We are booked through Travelocity for Sept as well. How do you check in on line, I can't seem to figure it out. I called Disney and was told I can't do anything until 10 days prior to arriving since I booked with Travelocity. I wanted to make a room request also. Thanks.
Disney grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #52
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Really? We can get the magic bands/FP + through Travelocity? I thought that was only for packages booked through Disney? I did get my travelocity hotel only ressie linked on MDE, but how do I do the rest?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #53
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? We can get the magic bands/FP + through Travelocity? I thought that was only for packages booked through Disney? I did get my travelocity hotel only ressie linked on MDE, but how do I do the rest?
Yeah, I booked through another on-line service via my credit card and got the magic bands for the June test period.

Create your account on MDE if you haven't already and then link your reservations. You'll need the Disney confirmation number to do the link (14 characters if I remember correctly) which may NOT be the confirmation number you got from the travel site. If you don't have the Disney confirmation number you'll have to call the travel-site customer service to get it (I had to).

Once your reservations are linked and you're confirmed to be booked at the resorts running the test program you'll have an option on your MDE home page to order the magic bands on the right hand side-bar (under link reservations).

Good Luck!
Skywise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #54
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Will one and two-year-old have magic bands too?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #55
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Will one and two-year-old have magic bands too?
That I couldn't tell ya for sure.

I think I've read elsewhere on the forum that everybody (including one and two year olds) can get them but they don't have to wear them. (Basically whomever gets listed on your room resservation/has a ticket will get one but I don't know the specifics)
Skywise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #56
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982

I put the hotel confirmation room # for the hotel. That worked.

Then I put the Will Call confirmation number underneath my ticket voucher barcode.. I called Disney and they said it should work. I don't get it.
I'm surprised Disney said it would work. I had tickets through Travelocity and a split stay booked. Had to cancel the tickets because they were attached to the second half of my stay and couldn't be used at check-in.
Prior to cancelling, I tried to add them to MDE.
My understanding is the vouchers from Travelocity are not in Disney's system until 2 or 3 days before their use date.
mumzie2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #57
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumzie2three View Post
I'm surprised Disney said it would work. I had tickets through Travelocity and a split stay booked. Had to cancel the tickets because they were attached to the second half of my stay and couldn't be used at check-in.
My understanding is the vouchers from Travelocity are not in Disney's system until 2 or 3 days before their use date.
Travelocity let you cancel the tickets? I thought those were non-refundable?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #58
Shelli_5
Wants a Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke purse!

I made a room-only reservation through Travelocity for October & haven't had any problems at all. I was able to pull up my reservation on MDE & I received my Magical Express envelope last week. Between the Disney discount, an additional Travelocity discount, & Ebates, I saved a ton of money!

Shelli
Dec 2004 - Shades of Green
Sept 2005 - Pop Century
Feb 2011 - Shades of Green
Oct 2013 - Coronado Springs
Nov 2014 - Universal Studios - planning in progress
Shelli_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #59
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982

Travelocity let you cancel the tickets? I thought those were non-refundable?
Long story, but I was offered a refund when they couldn't guarantee me that Disney would issue me the tickets prior to the date on the voucher (which would have been day#3 of our vacation). During all the back and forth, I found a pop-up page that said I had till Sept to cancel the type of tickets I had purchased. Apparently, it is different for every date and type of ticket booked.

Many Disboard members stated they had no problem under circumstances similar to mine but Travelocity and Disney refused to put it in an email that the tickets would be usable. Squeeky wheel I guess. Still waiting for refund to hit my account. Won't consider it resolved until then.
mumzie2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #60
texasadam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumzie2three View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get it to work closer to their vacation. I assume Travelocity does this to prevent fraud (so the tickets can't be picked up before you're actually on vacation). I'd be really interested to find out exactly how far out we'll be able to link the tickets...and hopefully do a little Fastpass+ planning.

Maybe someone here has a vacation coming up soon that was booked through Travelocity and will be able to fill the rest of us in.
texasadam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: