Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #2161
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Have to share this story- my dh asked me the other day what our plans were for disney (mind u, he never ever gets involved) so I tell him and as usual I don't think he's listening to a word I'm saying ... When all of a sudden he asked "why r we leaving to come home on a Saturday?!?!" I said "because that's what I booked"... Dh "who leaves on a Saturday?!?!" Me: Ummm we do!!! Dh "I don't want to leave on a Saturday, can we change it???" .... Sooooo needless to say it changes and we are now leaving to come home on a MONDAY...
HOLLA!!!!! Who's a happy girl with 2 more days in disney!?!?!? I am!!!!! Lol.....

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #2162
lifeguardette
Mouseketeer

Hi,

I thought I would join this thread, my family is going to wdw for an all adult trip from nov. 16-23, flying in early on the 16th on a red eye. We are surprising my mom with this trip as its her 65th birthday in September. I was hoping to stay at POR, but had to switch to CSR to get the free dining. Soooooo excited to be going to the world after many trips to the land.
lifeguardette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #2163
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Have to share this story- my dh asked me the other day what our plans were for disney (mind u, he never ever gets involved) so I tell him and as usual I don't think he's listening to a word I'm saying ... When all of a sudden he asked "why r we leaving to come home on a Saturday?!?!" I said "because that's what I booked"... Dh "who leaves on a Saturday?!?!" Me: Ummm we do!!! Dh "I don't want to leave on a Saturday, can we change it???" .... Sooooo needless to say it changes and we are now leaving to come home on a MONDAY...
HOLLA!!!!! Who's a happy girl with 2 more days in disney!?!?!? I am!!!!! Lol.....
Happy for you! My DH is also getting into this trip. But hasn't asked me to extend it. He has given his input and keeps telling me the daily count. As if I don't already know.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #2164
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardette View Post
Hi,

I thought I would join this thread, my family is going to wdw for an all adult trip from nov. 16-23, flying in early on the 16th on a red eye. We are surprising my mom with this trip as its her 65th birthday in September. I was hoping to stay at POR, but had to switch to CSR to get the free dining. Soooooo excited to be going to the world after many trips to the land.
Welcome to the adult trip week November 16-23.
My DH and another couple are coming down that same time.
We leave on an early flight but don't arrive until late morning.
We had planned POFQ but moved to CSR for the free dining also.
Now that I've done more research of this resort I'm just as happy.
Keep us posted on how your Mom likes her surprise birthday gift.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
Old 08-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #2165
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Wow, can we trade DH's? I wanted to fly home on Sunday, but when the flights were available to book the price was substantially cheaper on Saturday or Monday ... I asked DH, and he said had a slight preference towards Saturday so he'd have a few days to relax at home after the trip but would leave it up to me. DS and I both have Monday off anyways (I have to go back to work Tues, DS's school is off all week), so I picked Monday night. He wasn't unhappy about it, especially since the nights I added on are at AKV, which DS has been begging to go to, but its another one of those ... "why did you ask me if you knew what you were going to do anyways ..."
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #2166
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Wow, can we trade DH's? I wanted to fly home on Sunday, but when the flights were available to book the price was substantially cheaper on Saturday or Monday ... I asked DH, and he said had a slight preference towards Saturday so he'd have a few days to relax at home after the trip but would leave it up to me. DS and I both have Monday off anyways (I have to go back to work Tues, DS's school is off all week), so I picked Monday night. He wasn't unhappy about it, especially since the nights I added on are at AKV, which DS has been begging to go to, but its another one of those ... "why did you ask me if you knew what you were going to do anyways ..."
Ya I made the mistaking of asking. We could have come home on Sunday but I decided to give him the extra day to relax. Dah on my part. Kicking myself as the extra day didn't matter the flight was the same price either day. grrrr
Oh well there was other considerations I put out there too. I'm just happy to be going. Hope you have a blast and he thanks you for the extra time.

Any chance you can give him the option to stay behind and sit by the pool to relax on one of the extra days?
Then you and your son get your extra and he can chill by the pool or in the room watching TV or whatever his chill would be at home.
Just a thought.

Last edited by RejoyceoverDisney; 08-16-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: forgot a thought.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #2167
lifeguardette
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Welcome to the adult trip week November 16-23.
My DH and another couple are coming down that same time.
We leave on an early flight but don't arrive until late morning.
We had planned POFQ but moved to CSR for the free dining also.
Now that I've done more research of this resort I'm just as happy.
Keep us posted on how your Mom likes her surprise birthday gift.

Thanks!! Yeah I was a little disappointed about not getting POR, but I am starting to feel better about CSR. I hope the weather is decent and the crowds are low
lifeguardette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #2168
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Soooo awesome! Yay for a DH that is excited about Disney!
My DH asked last night how many nights we are going (yes, he is that uninvolved) and he was saying how long it was. 9 nights in Disney too long????? Sorry, no way am I shortening this trip after what it took to talk him into it! And one thing that was required was the FD deal, because otherwise he wanted to just wing it. I could see it now, we would be eating PB & J every meal! He is very cheap when it comes to eating out btw, and we do not go out often...I SO needed FD, otherwise this would not have been a real vacation!
I'm hoping when he sees the excitement on the kids faces when they walk down Main St at MK he will finally "get" the magic.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #2169
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!! Yeah I was a little disappointed about not getting POR, but I am starting to feel better about CSR. I hope the weather is decent and the crowds are low
Perfect weather and low crowds would be good but as my friend said to me today "I just want to get down there and walking in the rain at Disney is way more fun than sitting around here".
I have to agree with her. There is so much fun to be had that as much as I'd like perfect weather, I'll put on a jacket or wear a poncho to still be able to experience the sights and sounds of Disney. We will have fun no matter what!!
That's what I keep saying to myself.
It's going to be magical.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #2170
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

Soooo awesome! Yay for a DH that is excited about Disney!
My DH asked last night how many nights we are going (yes, he is that uninvolved) and he was saying how long it was. 9 nights in Disney too long????? Sorry, no way am I shortening this trip after what it took to talk him into it! And one thing that was required was the FD deal, because otherwise he wanted to just wing it. I could see it now, we would be eating PB & J every meal! He is very cheap when it comes to eating out btw, and we do not go out often...I SO needed FD, otherwise this would not have been a real vacation!
I'm hoping when he sees the excitement on the kids faces when they walk down Main St at MK he will finally "get" the magic.
I know ur gonna have a blast!!! The spirit of Mickey will (or better) make him smile! Lol lol....
Although I love the idea of adding two more days it had caused me nothing but a headache!!! Looking forward to it though!!! Lol lol

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #2171
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Happy Friday everyone

We decided to make some changes to our November trip. We were originally booked at CBR with FD for all 13 days.

We are now booked at POP Preferred Pool View from 11/13-11/17 with the room only discount then we switch over to WL Woods View from 11/17-11/25 with Free Dining

This trip will be at a much slower pace with more resort time. We went during this time 2 years ago and loved the weather compared to June and July when we usually go. Can't wait to see all the beautiful Xmas decorations

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #2172
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigandergirl View Post
It's official! Airfare has been booked! We'll be there 11/23 to 11/30 and staying at AOA. Soooo excited!

Now off to look for that Facebook page...
whoo-hoo!!!

Quote:
what wonderful news!!! I think my DH is staring at me wishing I would be quiet about our trip sometimes.

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Happy Friday everyone

We decided to make some changes to our November trip. We were originally booked at CBR with FD for all 13 days.

We are now booked at POP Preferred Pool View from 11/13-11/17 with the room only discount then we switch over to WL Woods View from 11/17-11/25 with Free Dining

This trip will be at a much slower pace with more resort time. We went during this time 2 years ago and loved the weather compared to June and July when we usually go. Can't wait to see all the beautiful Xmas decorations
I'll make the changes for you! OMG....I just realized you're from Middletown! Except for a brief stint, I have worked in Delaware for the past 15 years. We were looking at houses there, but I can get the same house for 1/2 the price in NJ (plus, our parents still live here). Maybe one day I'll move to Davenport (FL).....

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #2173
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Ticker is working

Yahooooo! My banana friend is missing today. So this guy will have to happy dance for me.

So ya all tickers are working and I'm officially under 3 months of waiting.
Honestly I have so much to accomplish here at home that I'm glad to have the extra time. But still can't wait to get there.

November is coming closer!!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #2174
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Yahooooo! My banana friend is missing today. So this guy will have to happy dance for me.

So ya all tickers are working and I'm officially under 3 months of waiting.
Honestly I have so much to accomplish here at home that I'm glad to have the extra time. But still can't wait to get there.

November is coming closer!!!!
And some bananas for you

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #2175
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
And some bananas for you
Wonder why they are not showing up in my chooses???

Thanks for sending them along for me.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: