Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #3691
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Has anyone that's staying soon been able to choose FP+ options? We arrive in 2 weeks and on MDE mine shows that there are options but says that it has to be within the window when I try to do anything?? huh? I admit I haven't paid much attention to the whole FP+ thing so I'm not sure if that's right or not.

PS-- beautiful pics trishadono!! Sorry it's time to for you to leave. It's always a terrible day!!
we check in at gf on the 9th...Polynesian on the 4th... and are getting that message as well.

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
Old 08-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #3692
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

It's official, we have switched from CR to the Grand for December. I am really excited about staying at a 'new to us' resort.

I am now on a mission to learn as much as possible about the Grand before our stay and look forward to getting to know all of you experts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #3693
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post

Thank you so much for the info, I just got off the phone with Wdw to pay my balance so now it's official! I'm so excited!
Zero balance, woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I think we're set . We are booked CR CL for prior to the cruise and Poly CL for after. I looked into a VGF 1 BDRM but my DH wants to try the CR, so I went with that.....and I have to try my beloved Poly's CL, so that's how I made my resort decisions . The CR will be nice to try and I have been wanting to try Poly CL for some time, so I'm excited and can't wait for December to get here .
Have you not yet stayed CL at the Poly? I realized after reading your post, I did not list it in our "CL list" in a previous post - you will love Poly CL, the lounge view is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

4:55 ME!going home day is so
Aww, sorry it's your last day, looks like it is almost time for the bus. Safe travels home.

Thanks about the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Has anyone that's staying soon been able to choose FP+ options? We arrive in 2 weeks and on MDE mine shows that there are options but says that it has to be within the window when I try to do anything?? huh? I admit I haven't paid much attention to the whole FP+ thing so I'm not sure if that's right or not.
I'm right there with you, I don't have a clue about the new FP+ system. I'll have to research like a newbie for our next trip.

Good luck, I hope you are able to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome Home View Post
I am trying to decide if we should go to Blizzard Beach while staying at GF or Beach Club. Does anyone know the bus route between GF and Blizzard Beach?
The bus to AKL should stop at BB, there and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
We have booked a standard view studio at Grand Floridian Villas for next June. Looking at the new construction pics im wondering what view we would likely have. I would guess we will be facing out the back and have a view of the monorail..?

any way to know where the studios would be located?
Hope someone can help, I don't have much info on the Villas yet. Have you looked on the DVC forums? If I get time, I'll search for a room map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post
It's official, we have switched from CR to the Grand for December. I am really excited about staying at a 'new to us' resort.

I am now on a mission to learn as much as possible about the Grand before our stay and look forward to getting to know all of you experts.
Congrats on your upcoming Grand stay! I think you will love it, especially during the Christmas season.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #3694
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hulles - I did a quick search on the DVC Resorts board and found a couple threads that might help, here and here.

I'll try to find more later. HTH!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #3695
trishadono
DIS Veteran

My Me was 4:55 am!!!!

Am home with dh and ds16. One missed me one didn't ! Teens!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #3696
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

Would you do a theme park view room or a room in the sugar loaf club level?

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #3697
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
we are doing sl next month. we love cl and while we like a good view, dont enjoy it as well as we do cl. we have recently realized we don't make good use of a view.

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #3698
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Blue Skies - welcome back, glad you had a magical vacation. Thanks for the updates! I imagine you ARE wishing you were back at the Grand, always the way after a wonderful trip.

LOL about the new FAQ (smashing computer - so apt!)! It is almost ready, I was going through my most recent photos this morning, trying to get everything lined out. I'm going to try to start the new thread today or tomorrow.

Please, everyone, do not post in the new thread until I remove the "under construction" title, as I need to be able to grab those first page posts for all the photos and text.

trishadono - thanks for the photos! Beautiful. Hope you enjoyed HS and RR.

Do you mind if I copy one of your photos to the Villas section of the new FAQ?

Thanks for the update, I'll add this to the first page of the new thread.

Very excited for you! We love doing a BC/GF split (or YC!), love both resorts.

I doubt you are going to get many posts giving the BC CL top billing, here on the GF FAQ! We are pretty biased, after all. I have not stayed in BC CL, but have in YC. We enjoyed it very much, the CMs were lovely and we had a great time. We've stayed CL at AKL, BWI, WL, YC and the Grand, and though we enjoy most of them, the Grand remains at the top of our list for service and amenities. And RPC is the very best - as others have posted, the lounge area can't be beat, CMs are great and the food service is fabulous.

Glad you are having such a good time. You are so right, the days leading up to vacation sloooow down, then the days during vacation speed up! Not fair!

Sorry about your struggles with health issues, it's just the worst when kids are sick. I think your girls will fall in love with the resort.

Don't worry, even the furthest room in RPC is pretty close to the lounge.

Standard room views will be either the courtyard pool or the beach pool and DVC building.
Help yourself to photos!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #3699
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Am home with dh and ds16. One missed me one didn't ! Teens!
Yuck, I hate early flights home. Glad you arrived safely. LOL about the teen.

I added your DVC photos to the new FAQ.

Quote:
I agree with jcjen519, we prefer SL over a TPV. The views are nice, and if it is your first stay or you have a little one along, that might be worth it. For us, we have had the view many times and now prefer the amenities of club. The marina or pool view in SL is so pretty, anyway.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #3700
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At cr and poly I would pick CL because you have a good view of park from the lounge.

GF is a little different in that the lounge area is blah and no view at all. However the food is great and more plentiful than the other CL's. Even the best view at GF to me is not as good at CR so I would go for the offerings at SL over a non CL room with any view.

Actually I am booked for one night there for 1/1/14

Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #3701
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

Thanks k&a&csmom and jcjen519! That was my hunch, too, but wanted viewpoints from actual experiences. This will be our third trip to the world and our first stay at Grand. We previously stayed at Poly and CSR. Originally we were going to do Poly again, but with all the construction talk, we have decided to give Grand a try. We have visited the Grand many times for dining, and I just love the music in the lobby and the ambiance of the resort. So excited about this visit coming up in January!

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #3702
DrDoodle
Earning My Ears

Where do we watch the fireworks from the grand. Last year we stayed poly concierge and watched the movie/water parade/fireworks beside the pool on nights we were not in the parks. Is there a comparable place at GF.? Should we just walk Down to the poly ? Really nervous that GF won't compare to poly!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #3703
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
Where do we watch the fireworks from the grand. Last year we stayed poly concierge and watched the movie/water parade/fireworks beside the pool on nights we were not in the parks. Is there a comparable place at GF.? Should we just walk Down to the poly ? Really nervous that GF won't compare to poly!
watch them from the marina, from right outside gasparilla's, or from the dock.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #3704
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post

Congrats on the switch. You are going to love the GF .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Have you not yet stayed CL at the Poly? I realized after reading your post, I did not list it in our "CL list" in a previous post - you will love Poly CL, the lounge view is awesome!
We have stayed at the Poly, but not CL. I am very excited to try it as I have read about that awesome view from the lounge and can't wait to see it in person .

Quote:

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #3705
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Congrats on the switch. You are going to love the GF .

We have stayed at the Poly, but not CL. I am very excited to try it as I have read about that awesome view from the lounge and can't wait to see it in person .

you are going to love poly cl! amazing!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: