Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

While we are a family of 3, so space isn't an issue for us, I think there needs to be more affordable options for families of 5 and more. At the very least guaranteed adjoining rooms if booked that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post

I would also suggest more "bookable" categories. You should be able to BOOK, mansions section rooms at POR. Ranchos or Cabanas at CSR. Etc. Some of these are deal breakers for guests. On our last trip we wanted Mansions section POR and had NO interest in AB section.
I agree with that. I originally was going to stay at POR and the mansion section was the only one I wanted. Plus Disney should actually show what the AB rooms look like in their Preferred Room Photos since ALL POR preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou. Weird.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
sweetnjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
4under4
DIS Veteran

I would like to see more of the Murphy beds (like AoA) rather than fold out couches (for both size & comfort). I think it would also be great to have 2 sleeper chairs rather than one pull out couch in most resorts to more easily accommodate groups that don't want to share beds but really don't need a second room.

I also think that resort QS should have very early hours (6ish). Early risers shouldn't have to wait until 7:30 to get breakfast, especially on checkout days when people really need to grab a bite and head to the airport.

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I wish that you could get guaranteed connecting rooms at any resort.

And loyalty discounts based on the number of previous onsite stays.
Yes to this!!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Definitely more options for families to have separate spaces with real beds, no pullouts. Like the kid suites at Universal.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #20
GadgetTheInventor
Mouseketeer

smoke-free outdoor benches

It seemed as if most, if not all, of the benches were designated smoking areas...BC, POP, and AoA come to my mind immediately. It's disgusting to be sitting on the only available bench on the Boardwalk by the BC and a smoker walk over and light up, forcing me to immediately get up and leave so my asthma won't act up.

I know Disney makes the best outdoor areas designated smoking areas to encourage smokers to use them, but it is still disgusting considering it is a family resort.

I also like the idea of at least a basic fitness room at all the resorts. Why shouldn't the POP have at least a weight room?
Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
katiee37
DIS Veteran

I interpreted the OP's question as ideas of the design and/or theming of an entirely new resort, so I was thinking something winter-like? I guess a spinoff of Blizzard Beach with snow themed common areas, play "igloos" in the pools, snowmen along walking paths, stuff like that. Speciality hot chocolate flavors could be served in whatever counter or table service restaurants the resort has, as well as many varieties of soup and cookies. Not sure how often people would be hot chocolate or soup in the summer in FL, but they might to go along with the resort's theming! Disney has all of the beach theming and island theming down, so even though an actual blizzard would be unlikely to happen in FL, it would be interesting to stay in a blizzard themed resort!

And in this resort, I would make sure many connecting rooms are available and would be guaranteed when guests request them. Handicapped rooms would also be readily available, including some that are also connecting since I know many larger families that have one disabled child that need those accommodations that can't always be filled because of their large family.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #22
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I wish that you could get guaranteed connecting rooms at any resort.

And loyalty discounts based on the number of previous onsite stays.
maybe something like on board credits the cruises do?

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #23
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

i would love to see another monorail resort and dvc cl availability

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
Grendalynn
Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
More options at moderates for a family of 5.
ITA!!
- Dad 40 - Mom 37 -DS15 -DS11 - DS7
Grendalynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: