Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
GDL
Earning My Ears

Yacht Club to AKL for Boma breakfast?

Got a 9:30 breakfast at Boma next week. Staying at the Yacht Club. Is my best bet to get there via Disney is to walk to either Epcot or HStudios and then take a bus to the AKL? If so, which one would be the best, Epcot or the Studios?

Also, one more question about getting back to our resort after an evening at DD.
Would it be worth it to fork over $20 for a taxi back to the Yacht or just take the bus. I think I have read horrific times back to the resorts via Disney from DD.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

My suggestion to get to your Boma breakfast is definitely to take a taxi. Otherwise, take the boat to HS then bus to AKL. That will take well over an hour and I would allow 90 minutes. If you arrive early, explore the Lodge!
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Farps
Mouseketeer

Boat to DHS and bus to AKL is a good plan. And from our experience with DD buses, they have been a nightmare. We have sworn to never use them again, so a taxi is a great idea!!! Just my opinion.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Just like your instincts and the other folks said - take a cab. They are easily available and save you a huge headache to start the day! Use Disney Transportation to come back or to get you where you are going for the day but to get there - I'd take a cab!

This is one of the reasons I rarely eat at other resorts for breakfast!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I agree with the other posters that the easiest option is to take a taxi. It'll be about $18 plus tip (it was $18 from AKL to Epcot).

For non-taxi options, you can take the boat to DHS and then catch a bus. The boat is about 20 minutes (with a stop at the Swan/Dolphin first).

In order to access the Epcot bus stops, you'll need to walk through Epcot. If you have park hoppers (or are planning on going to Epcot for that day), you can enter via IG, walk to the front, and then out to the bus stop. The one problem is that Epcot normally opens around 9:00 am (unless it's the EMH morning), so you'd be hard pressed to get through Epcot, to the buses and to AKL by 9:30 am.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: